Texas @ Texas A&M - CC series thread

TrashMaster G

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll give faltine and Silas a pass tonight. Cold as fuck, maybe a little moisture, 5 games in 6 days and we’ve won big all 5 games. Easy to come out flat on a day like today. And everyone has bad games

Of course that error came back to bite us, but he and Silas will be locked in when it matters 

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The weather won't be any better this weekend against 'Bama.  They need to get the fuck over it.

The field turf should help. And like I said up above, they may just be a tad worn out and flat today and probably figured they could half ass and win this easily. We’ll wake up and win this game . Then this weekend, they’ll be focused and locked in

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ll give faltine and Silas a pass tonight. Cold as fuck, maybe a little moisture, 5 games in 6 days and we’ve won big all 5 games. Easy to come out flat on a day like today. And everyone has bad games

Of course that error came back to bite us, but he and Silas will be locked in when it matters 

Surly expects a fuckin' Texas win...  🤘

Also, anyone else think Daly should be in the 3hole with Ivan as the clean up? Hodo is looking like a natural lead off man, Kennedy is looking like he’s gonna have a hell of a season, or at the very least get on base a lot. Daly is one of our better bunters and contact hitter. 3 straight fast, disciplined in the box, contact hitters then let Ivan clean up 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Also, anyone else think Daly should be in the 3hole with Ivan as the clean up? Hodo is looking like a natural lead off man, Kennedy is looking like he’s gonna have a hell of a season, or at the very least get on base a lot. Daly is one of our better bunters and contact hitter. 3 straight fast, disciplined in the box, contact hitters then let Ivan clean up 

Yep, flip Daly and Melendez.

In fact, I thought the lineup was in error the first Rice game when they showed in on LHN.

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not a fan of Ivan in 3rd spot -- need a hitter that doesn't strike out...

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not a fan of Ivan in 3rd spot -- need a hitter that doesn't strike out...

Exactly. Why Daly hitting 3rd who can bunt and pretty much always makes contact is ideal. Hodo is gonna have an .840 or so ops, any ball Kennedy hits on the ground has a very chance to be a hit or an error by a rushing shortstop. His ops should be at least .790 or so. So yeah an ocean of options with that top of the order with maybe the best power hitter in college baseball hitting 4th. My ideal 5-9 would be something like Todd-Messinger/Stehly-silas-Campbell-faltine