Texas @ Texas A&M - CC series thread

TrashMaster G

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, zlavydra said:

Did I miss an inning from Southard? Or is he buried at the back of the bullpen along with Coy Cobb?  Nice problems to have...

I don’t think he’s pitched today. I wanna see Cobb start against some shit hook soon. Looking forward to seeing Nixon in his first save situation 

Good win. Made 3 errors, left some dudes on base, came out flat but woke up a bit and gutted out a W on a day where we didn’t have our best stuff 

Got damn Nixon!!! THATS what a Texas closer should look like. Solid win and showed our dudes we’re not invincible 

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Good win. Made 3 errors, left some dudes on base, came out flat but woke up a bit and gutted out a W on a day where we didn’t have our best stuff 

Got damn Nixon!!! THATS what a Texas closer should look like. Solid win and showed our dudes we’re not invincible 

Yeah, I really like Nixon.  Kid's all business.  Doesn't dick around trying to tickle the edges of the strike zone or try to get the batter to swing at garbage.  Just throws strikes and dominates.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

Looked like beach aggy was trying to talk shit at the end there...faltine was fired up

Faltine is always talking shit.  Watch him closely and you will see him egging on the other team just about every game.  the book is out on him that he can be agitated rather easily, I think it fires him up.

I can think of at least three or four teams in the last 10 years that go out and lose that game. Maybe the pitching gives up 5 or 6 hits to pile on top of the errors instead of 2 and picking up the defense. Perhaps the offense can’t overcome a shitty night at the plate when it counts and just leaves everyone on base. Yeah the last ten years was full of that shit. Maybe this team can do the little things and pick up an ugly win here and there.