Texas @ South Carolina Series Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Goddammit 

4-1 

who the fuck are we?

Pussies is what we are.

I will say I feel absolutely comfortable saying that this team is not as good as last years. Not even close and that was before Witt/Todd went down.

Just a down year in college baseball with a lot of injuries.

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Pussies is what we are.

I will say I feel absolutely comfortable saying that this team is not as good as last years. Not even close and that was before Witt/Todd went down.

Just a down year in college baseball with a lot of injuries.

Can’t be pussies, we’d still be undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, davi34 said:

Did Cobb fuck someone’s daughter or something, how is Blair our best option out of the pen in that situation?

I love Pierce, he’s gotten us back to being a consistently good to great team, but man he makes some head scratching moves every now and then. But we always seem to put it together come conference time so who knows. No fucking way Daly, Silas and Campbell keep this worthlessness at the plate. And Kash or Schuessler or Powell or someone will probably start getting more at bats. I trust Tulo to fix this. Or at least get us to 3-4 runs a game and let our pitching and defense work. Idk. We have too much talent to keep this little funk they’re in up 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pierce's biggest Achilles is consistently trotting guys out there that have no business being out there at the expense of the team. Did it all 2019 with Kameron Fields and basically torpedoed that entire season trying to make him a closer. Witnessing it again

Before season in discussions with my 93yr old Dad, we wondered about the H-Town Tourney and this road trip.  It's now obvious that there is a lot of work ahead especially with loss of Witt.

But to get to Omaha, best to figure out where your weaknesses are now and get to work.

Still a lot of season ahead !!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Man, aside from the other issues, without Witt, we are kinda in trouble.  It may be fixable by the end of the season, but we gone lose some games on Sundays for a while.

With Witt gone, I’ll take the bumps it takes for us to gel come June. Just need Hansen and Stevens to be their usual selfs and go all in on the Friday and Saturday games and hopefully steal some Sunday ones. I mean we looked kinda like shit in 2018. Yeah Kody but there was a lot of development everywhere that year. Kind of the same  last year though we were much more talented on paper 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Pierce's biggest Achilles is consistently trotting guys out there that have no business being out there at the expense of the team. Did it all 2019 with Kameron Fields and basically torpedoed that entire season trying to make him a closer. Witnessing it again

We were fucked the second Hamilton and DJ went down. We played way over our heads for a stretch then reality of not having a catcher or shortstop caught up with us. We probably don’t completely fall apart with those 2 healthy. And it turned out Reagan was just burnt out on baseball or something so our stud recruit came in, struggled early and essentially gave up. Shit happens. That was a tsunami of horrible luck and confidence just getting slaughtered throughout the year. We’ve got too much talent for that to happen this year. Shit just the amount of runs Hansen, Stevens, Harrison, Silas, our middle infield and outfield are gonna save this year. We’re gonna be fine in the long run IMO 

Witt being gone is big.  He was the set up man last year and also could go some longer relief. so we don't have that guy or a 3rd starter that can get us 5 solid innings.

Pierce needs to use the next 4-5 games to see what some others might have(pitching and hitting).

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

With Witt gone, I’ll take the bumps it takes for us to gel come June. Just need Hansen and Stevens to be their usual selfs and go all in on the Friday and Saturday games and hopefully steal some Sunday ones. I mean we looked kinda like shit in 2018. Yeah Kody but there was a lot of development everywhere that year. Kind of the same  last year though we were much more talented on paper 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I expect this team to go to Omaha. If they don't, they had a bad season.

I expect Omaha. Some stuff needs some improvement but I wouldn’t pick 8 other teams before us even without Witt

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

A stretch like this might be one of the most predictable things in baseball, especially on the road.

We'll be fine.

Yeah this just happens. Every elite Augie team I remember had an odd ass stretch this year. Let’s get the next 6 games of shit hooks outta do wonders for our confidence. And hopefully get the monkey off Silas and Dalys back 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Witt being gone is big.  He was the set up man last year and also could go some longer relief. so we don't have that guy or a 3rd starter that can get us 5 solid innings.

Pierce needs to use the next 4-5 games to see what some others might have(pitching and hitting).

Yeah this stretch of shit teams came at the perfect time 

16 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I mean Fields had a horrible season but LOL that he torpedoed that season. A lot went into that. And Gustafson and Garrido also played shitty players...because they were the players we happened to have at the time. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

A stretch like this might be one of the most predictable things in baseball, especially on the road.

We'll be fine.

Yeah let's get back home and reset our staff and see how it shakes up. Still need to win these east coast mid-week games.