How do you sleep? Changing sleeping positions

I am a side sleeper. I sleep with a thin throw pillow in between my bent knees. I tuck my down shoulder arm up under my pillow and I usually bend my off arm up under my chin. I shift from side to side all night in this same position.

It has recently come to my attention that sleeping like this is really contributing to my tendonitis in my elbows. I am trying to change but I don't know how. Where the hell else can you put your arms if you are a side sleeper that doesn't feel unnatural? How do you change sleeping habits without going back to your default while half asleep? What say you surlers. 

Position varies a lot.  But typically it's alternating between tiger-knee and fetal.

I use a firm mattress, and tall buckwheat pillow that resists compression.  This keeps my head elevated and maintains a straight spine when sleeping on the side.  No problem with arm, but sometimes hip does get sore.

Can we all agree the Tiger Knee position is the best way to sleep? :  r/gaming

On my back is preferred.  Can sleep on either side.

No fucking way I can sleep on my stomach, with the exception of being dead ass tired and falling asleep on living room floor while watching TV; but not in the regular bed.

side sleeper. normally with hands tucked under the pillow.  shoulders hurt like hell and pretty sure the way i sleep contributes to the pain.  starting on my back takes forever to fall asleep and i end up on my side anyway.  i wish i could detach my arms at the shoulder and then go to sleep. #teamcyborg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:24 AM, 52-80 said:

Position varies a lot.  But typically it's alternating between tiger-knee and fetal.

I use a firm mattress, and tall buckwheat pillow that resists compression.  This keeps my head elevated and maintains a straight spine when sleeping on the side.  No problem with arm, but sometimes hip does get sore.

This me also. We are thinking about getting a purple mattress so that might change

On 3/14/2022 at 8:24 AM, 52-80 said:

So what exactly are you trying to shove up your ass? Probably be easier without the shorts. 

• Haha 1

I start off on my left side about 3/4 turned onto my stomach with left arm under my pillow. Right arm across the top of the pillow.  Left leg straight and right leg bent at 90 deg. This was the only position I could get to sleep in when I had my left knee replacement surgery about 15 weeks ago, except my left knee was bent some. I’d get about an hour or two of sleep, then had to get up and move around so the blood would flow again and awake for an hour or so. Rinse and repeat 3-4 times a night.