Electric Power Washer Recs?

Anyone have an Electric Power Washer they use a lot and really like?  I need one for cleaning outdoor patios, driveway, walkways, etc. Maybe doing the cars once in a while on a low setting. I see a lot of reviews where people question the actual PSI output on these products because the results don't seem to match what's advertised.

I had a Ryobi that wouldn’t die for several years. I used it as a backup to my gas powered, but it was just as much an effort to drag out as the gas, so when it died I haven’t replaced.  I lucked into an industrial sized gas machine this year (paid 10% on an order than never got picked up).  It is awesome. Did driveways, brick, limestone, a few weeks ago and even though they appeared “clean”, they are now like new.  In that world, GPM is as important as psi.   The more of both, the better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One more Ryobi vote - I am actually about to buy another one (1800 psi). It is not enough power for really scrubbing a driveway but for cars and quick cleans it would be great. This is a really good deal at Home Depot right now - https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1800-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141802VNM/317623149

• Hook 'Em 1

My Toro gas power washer did a great job and was dependable.  However, it was LOUD and there was still the routine maintenance required for the motor .. oil, air filter, and spark plug.  It became just another maintenance chore.

Two years ago, I replaced it with the Ryobi 2300 PSI electric.  It does everything the Toro did .. deck, concrete, car, etc.  Wish I had chosen electric from the beginning.

I've got the Greenworks Pro, and it fucks. I just looked on the "best of" list and it was Numero Uno for the price. My Polaris gets absolutely filthy at our deer lease and it will take off heavy mud. It will also etch concrete.

CHIEF

OK, so I'm thinking of getting this one of these, but would 400 PSI really make much of a difference?  For twice the price, I doubt it's worth it, but maybe one of you have had experience with them. I'll be using this for some general cleaning of concrete around the pool area, back porch, front porch, driveway and occasionally on the cars.  I'm not looking to start a Power Washing business here.  

$153 - 1900 PSI 1.2 GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1900-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141920/313638569?MERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-300405751-_-313638569-_-N

$300: 2300 PSI 1.2 GPM High Performance Electric Pressure Washer

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-2300-PSI-1-2-GPM-High-Performance-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY142300/300405751?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=Shopping-BF-F_D28I-G-D28I-028_031_PRESSUR_WASH-NA-NA-NA-SMART-NA-NA-SMART_SHP&cm_mmc=Shopping-BF-F_D28I-G-D28I-028_031_PRESSUR_WASH-NA-NA-NA-SMART-NA-NA-SMART_SHP-71700000080837636-58700006820161828-92700070320894759&gclid=CjwKCAjwrqqSBhBbEiwAlQeqGsF5A36Z93Og2727opXqdLSm2zIiptTWpn0puVy2W2YzrGHLlX43VRoCbEcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Another option is this one from Costco is $200, but should be $50 less in a few days when a new ad kicks in:  Greenworks 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

https://www.costco.com/greenworks-2000-psi-electric-pressure-washer.product.100460435.html?langId=-1&krypto=FX7Ti1OEIkpivs4WnMHyvsWJJaYZWGkR8nL31UH7dSnYoXr%2B2WC7cdgo32zprPJcBFW%2BKeEt1LWBK1ShKDfgFXnYna3lRFDVANSeZ5Ws6Cy91X7uosR2POZyvv4o4UJFJKHTwZS5xJBTxhyCETFOxBEZj6iOn8g4HTzqSnL09qaFLa65E0%2BzSk6quUO9olgjhiFI3%2BmD%2B%2FjNJJtTGRcwLNma%2FBuB32M6pJH%2FEOyLny0%3D

For what you're trying to do, the 1900 should be enough. Either way, you might have to lean on a bit of chemical/agitation with the more difficult areas with either.  I'm going to have to pick up a small electric one to help with the pool decking at some point.  I can play with the pressures on my big gas one, but can't get it down far enough.  

This Greenworks 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer will be $150 on April 13th through Costco, so I think I'm gonna go with that. Costco has always been very gracious with returns on defective equipment, so I think that might be the best option for now. If it sucks, I can always take it back and get a refund. 

https://www.costco.com/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10701&storeId=10301&langId=-1&krypto=6H8qATTwxzR2tjScf5j5s0PrinoZItkXnMCvHotpgB%2FWzeqbn4QW9iCuOvBRdtqbQAFslqCI6nI0NwhlodMeUeih0j7agKpt4lc1MoKjJtI%3D&ddkey=http%3ALogoff

9 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

This Greenworks 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer will be $150 on April 13th through Costco, so I think I'm gonna go with that. Costco has always been very gracious with returns on defective equipment, so I think that might be the best option for now. If it sucks, I can always take it back and get a refund. 

https://www.costco.com/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10701&storeId=10301&langId=-1&krypto=6H8qATTwxzR2tjScf5j5s0PrinoZItkXnMCvHotpgB%2FWzeqbn4QW9iCuOvBRdtqbQAFslqCI6nI0NwhlodMeUeih0j7agKpt4lc1MoKjJtI%3D&ddkey=http%3ALogoff

Thats a good price and agree, if it sucks Costco will take it back. Worth trying out for sure. 

Check your local pawn shops. We got a 2300 psi electric ryobi for $100. Works great on driveway, house, and brick wall. Also found a 21 V dewalt electric framing nailer pulse charger and battery for $225. 

on the pressure washers - had anyone tried to remove flaking paint with 2300ish psi?  I’m wondering if I need to rent something bigger to nock the paint off the exterior of a house before repainting. I’m mainly interested in getting the loose stuff 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gotta say I’m impressed and surprised with my kids. I figured they’d get tired/bored after 5 minutes and I’d finish it all. I’m paying them $5 and all the s’mores they can eat. May need to bump the cash payout. 

02A7D2BA-EEE7-4B86-95A6-6975B61E1F7A.jpeg

7580BE2E-6248-48A6-BAF0-DADFD207C9D9.jpeg

18BB7E42-25A1-4E71-899E-B5A54B86C750.jpeg

91FCC1E5-74B8-4F41-ABB6-8C3B11148664.jpeg

6E7CF031-75A9-4580-9C10-A30CF03B37D4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

It was of course operator error but I will give a warning of what happened to me.  First off if you are going to be doing decks or driveways and walkways, but one of the pressure washer surface cleaners that you use not unlike a vacuum. .  Anyhow, long story short is I was using the surface attachment doing my Buddies deck in Port A and where my wand screws together with the nozzle tip extension had become loose.  I had a couple a stairs to do, removed the attachment and went to knock out the stairs.  On the second stair when I stepped down the wand was loose enough to pivot about 15 degrees, for a glancing blow.  Never even thought about the wand getting loose.  

Anyhow torture by power washer might be good for a Bond or Saw movie...

31 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Any recs for a foam cannon to go with a power washer? I know Ryobi has one, but I read that their soap is $8 a wash. I know nothing about foam cannons… Can they use cheaper soap?

I use all kinds of soap with the Ryobi one. Think I paid about $15 for it, so not sure if same one. It’s been ok. I think one of the super high end ones might be nicer, but not $75 nicer. 

• Like 1