Sacramento and Dallas Saturday night mass shootings

crash_davis

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Article said something about them being charged with possession of a "machine gun".  Whatever they mean by that, I couldn't tell you. 

I think it is suspected he had an autosear installed in a Glock. It used to be fairly easy to order those from China, and they would come in packages labeled as something else to avoid detection in customs. Since it is a small part, it is difficult to detect, but the feds have been cracking down on that kind of stuff lately. Still, with the proliferation of 3D printers it is remarkably easy to convert just about any firearm into an illegal machine gun.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Both of these seem to stem from a different "pathology" than your "average" mass shooting.

Yep, and that's why you don't see these stories on the main page of CNN.com.  These shootings would have been front and center on that webpage for days if this was an "average" mass shooting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Yep, and that's why you don't see these stories on the main page of CNN.com.  These shootings would have been front and center on that webpage for days if this was an "average" mass shooting.

And this thread would be many more pages long.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I still have a subscription to the Sacramento Bee from my time there (have a few business contacts there as well), online...not print obviously.  

It's the top story there as well.  And only a few stories down on the San Francisco Chronicle.  not quite as buried as one would think.  Apparently people in NoCal are tuned into the story and upset about it.  

• 2 weeks later...
since the school is already built like a medieval castle they could also try archers, buckets of burning oil, and moats with alligators.

Boiling water would do just fine. Oil seems like a waste of resources and risky to the castle.