2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

39 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s my point. He went 0-13 with 11 strikeouts in his last 4 games against us. 

Yeah I get it but don’t know that he K’ed three times against any other single pitcher that series 

edit: nope Urquidy was in long enough to face him 3 times and get his this 3 K’s too

Edited by UTexasFight

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Per click

Astros have talked with 29 teams the past couple of days 

draft is clouding up things and hot streaks are complicating things. Then other teams think all they need is their own hot streak. Lot of talking 

I can see that. Those 2 extra wild card spots have probably limited definite sellers to about a dozen teams. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I can see that. Those 2 extra wild card spots have probably limited definite sellers to about a dozen teams. 

It’s really why we should be sellers. Not for pieces for this team but for prospects. 
Odo, Chas, Maton. They could probably fetch 5 prospects that would be top 20 in our organization. If Lance is healthy and Brown gets his feet wet at the big league level successfully then Urquidy could be traded for 2 or 3 top 30 guys as well (in the off-season). With the draft and international signings we could add 10 guys to our top 30 if we traded those 4 guys, without opening up a single hole on our big league roster come playoff time. 
that’s if the trade market is as much of a sellers market as people are predicting. There’s real advantages to moving surplus guys when you have a 13 game lead at the all star break. We should explore that. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, the Mariners keep chugging right along. Not worrisome with this big a lead, but let's not have a sloppy August and give them hope of taking the division. I'd far rather we spend September looking at some call-ups and resting our heavy artillery. 

It’s really why we should be sellers. Not for pieces for this team but for prospects. 
Odo, Chas, Maton. They could probably fetch 5 prospects that would be top 20 in our organization. If Lance is healthy and Brown gets his feet wet at the big league level successfully then Urquidy could be traded for 2 or 3 top 30 guys as well (in the off-season). With the draft and international signings we could add 10 guys to our top 30 if we traded those 4 guys, without opening up a single hole on our big league roster come playoff time. 
that’s if the trade market is as much of a sellers market as people are predicting. There’s real advantages to moving surplus guys when you have a 13 game lead at the all star break. We should explore that. 

Why should anyone count on LMJ being healthy? He’s glass my dude.

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Meanwhile, the Mariners keep chugging right along. Not worrisome with this big a lead, but let's not have a sloppy August and give them hope of taking the division. I'd far rather we spend September looking at some call-ups and resting our heavy artillery. 

10 in a row ?

15 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Tied for a wc spot now

16 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Why should anyone count on LMJ being healthy? He’s glass my dude.

He will have his chance to show it. Without Lance if Brown is good that’s still 5 solid pitchers even without Urquidy or Lance. 
but that’s why I said not until the off-season if things go well between here and there.