2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I’m already sick of all the Correa hype. Dude is gone. If you ain’t here who cares. He was only here 7 years not a career, and he’s only been an All Star twice and missed a load of games. I know I’m in the minority but I don’t miss him. I miss Springer much more. The hole he left in the outfield still isn’t filled. Correa is hyped because he was a first overall pick and liked to toot his own horn. But I’m fine with Peña and $34 million in payroll saved. I will now take my beating from the Correa marks.

Correa wasn't my favorite Astro, I got pissed about all of the missed games due to injury, and how some of the time it seemed like healing had allegedly been postponed. 

Then there are the post season heroics, the cobra strike throws from short, a monster HR to the flag pole in Camden Yards that i saw in person, and having the backbone to stand up for his teammates/ franchise when it came to the scandal.  He closed hard in the last 2 years in Houston when it came to winning me over.

I felt like Houston made the right moves financially and Correa made his choice too.  I don't begrudge either side.

and we will always have the Joe Kelly play.  There are/ were plenty of things to love about Correa.  he's just in a different jersey now.  If I'm watching Twins vs Yankees or Mariners, heck yeah, I still want Carlos to do well.

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

Don’t see that from Altuve very much.  Must be some lingering issue.   

well...it was inside and then it ran further inside.

Tuve was justified in asking, "WTF dude?"

Just now, kevwun said:

I'm guessing so because that wasn't egregious. 

Yeah. Clipped his uniform probably didn’t even touch skin. Not near his head. Not near any vital parts. He’s been drilled intentionally throughout the year- this wasn’t at all likely that. Has to be past history. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. Clipped his uniform probably didn’t even touch skin. Not near his head. Not near any vital parts. He’s been drilled intentionally throughout the year- this wasn’t at all likely that. Has to be past history. 

It did hit thigh, not just uniform.

That's a little win for the Twins even if they didn't like it.  Dude just threw a 4 pitch walk to put 2ducks on with the meat of the lineup coming up.

Minnesota got bailed out from rattled Sanchez.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Verlander’s gonna need a couple of 5 pitch innings if we want to make this exciting…

dusty better go old school or i will send him some taco bell 

ffs, announcers said JV is done . They also said only 1 baserunner, so no walks or hits, hbp? 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell