2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just looked up Urquidy’s game logs. 13 starts. 5 where he pitched winning type baseball, 5 where he shit the bed and 3 in between 

The in between:

6 ip- 3 runs

6 ip- 3 runs

3 ip- 1 run. 

there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that track record for your 6th or 7th best starter in the organization. 

9-4 in his 13 starts. 

Weird numbers. He's been dogshit against Seattle and serviceable to good against everyone else:

3 starts vs. M's: 13 IP, 10.38 ERA

10 starts vs. Rest: 54.1 IP, 3.38 ERA

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Don't know if this got posted yesterday, but the Catcher/1B that came over along with Maton got promoted to AAA yesterday after putting up a hefty slash line in Corpus.

Has actually played more games at 1B than C so far this year. 

Apparently he just isn't interested in playing defense, or game planning, or working with pitchers or any of the other things the Astros value with their catchers but they think he has an elite bat that can play everywhere.  Not a dick, just not really locked into the cerebral part of the game yet.  That's what a guy who knows things and talks to people inside the organization says on clutch fans.

It's possible that this could be a really good guy to carry as an emergency third catcher who can also DH, play 1b and allow them to very aggressively pinch hit if they are going to have 2 glove first last and always, not big hitting catchers.

Of course- if we get to the point in time where robot umps are a thing eliminating catching and technology is allowed in the dugout then none of that matters anymore for a catcher. 

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I was wondering if that was in response to Korey Lee struggling at the plate, but it sounds like 1B is Diaz's future.

They want to see how the bat plays at the upper levels b/c they really like it.  They were initially keeping him down until he improved his catcher stuff, he just didn't, and they said, welp... lets see how far the bat takes him.  

15 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Wood, it’s nice having a positive voice in the thread even under lousy circumstances. You’re the anti-Scraps

Thanks Tony. By 'lousy circumstances', I assume you mean my covid status. Yeah, it sucks, but it could be a lot worse. I'm fully vaxed, so the symptoms aren't too bad. Pretty flu-like, and not even close to the worst flu I've had (which may have been covid, just before the world shut down).

The worst part is the isolation, and I'm only on day 2. Watching the Astros kicking ass and Altuve having so much fun makes it all easier. That mfer would do it all for free.