Other Super Regionals thread

Beau Vine

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

This is a tough call for ND. He stole second, but looks like slid off the bag an got caught. 

His hand was on the front of the base. What a bunch of ticky tack bullshit. He beat the throw, his hand was right there. Sure maybe he was off my 1 millimeter for 1 millisecond.

That's not baseball that's ump bullshit trying to control the game for their own egos.

You give that guy that base. Give me a fucking break.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I agree it is ticky tacky. But from the home plate side angle it looked like his hand slid off to me. 

If it did it barely did. For like a tiny fraction of a second before his leg hit the base. It seems definitley against the spirit of the rules. He was in there, he was on top of the base.

Come on. Show some common sense. This is what human umps are supposed to give us as opposed to robots. Bring on the robots if they are going to make ticky tack calls like that.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I agree it is ticky tacky. But from the home plate side angle it looked like his hand slid off to me. 

It’s the worst use of replay in baseball in my opinion (no idea if that was replay as not watching) when the guy breaks contact with the bag for a split second. That’s never been baseball and shouldn’t be imo. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If it did it barely did. For like a tiny fraction of a second before his leg hit the base. It seems definitley against the spirit of the rules. He was in there, he was on top of the base.

Come on. Show some common sense. This is what human umps are supposed to give us as opposed to robots. Bring on the robots if they are going to make ticky tack calls like that.

In the Neighborhood type rule for staying on once you touch base ahead of the tag.  Touching activates a vertical 3-d base zone into the sky.

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s the worst use of replay in baseball in my opinion (no idea if that was replay as not watching) when the guy breaks contact with the bag for a split second. That’s never been baseball and shouldn’t be imo. 

Oh, I would have been livid had they called it out on replay. They just didn't overturn the out. I think the call sucks, but it wasn't strictly speaking wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Tenn is a very hateable team.  It's not 'swagger', it's just plain old assholeryThey act the way they are coached.

Their asshole CF getting tossed on Friday fits that description to a T.

Bench warnings just now for both teams. F pushup popsicle orange UT.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Tenn is a very hateable team.  It's not 'swagger', it's just plain old assholery.  They act the way they are coached.

This is new. They weren't like this last year in Omaha or in that tournament.

Winning has clearly gone to their heads.

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Tenn is a very hateable team.  It's not 'swagger', it's just plain old assholery.  They act the way they are coached.

They act like they've done something.  But they are largely an irrelevant program to baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

The MO is obviously to lean into a villain role.  I guess they can all be douchebags together and rally around it to give themselves an edge.  But it just makes it that much sweeter when they fall.  And I think this team is going to fall.  Universally hated is right and that's a heavy load to carry even though they want to pretend they don't give a fuck.  But fuck them, fuck their coach and fuck their proudly classless fans.

• Hook 'Em 3

OU got absolute gifts the last two weeks. Florida and Virginia Tech are two the weakest P5 baseball environments in the country. I guess congrats to them for taking care of business but man they got a favorable draw for a team who had to spend two weeks on the road.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I am not sure if I love or hate the goofy cartoon turkey on VTs hats. It looks like something a small market minor league team would wear.

I assumed they were trying to look like:

ff_2659217alt1_full.jpg&w=900

(To be fair, the Orioles have become a small market minor league team.)

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Oh, I would have been livid had they called it out on replay. They just didn't overturn the out. I think the call sucks, but it wasn't strictly speaking wrong.

They do that at the mlb level seemingly all the time on replay. It sucks. That wasn’t why anyone wanted replay in the first place and nobody benefits from that bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

OU got absolute gifts the last two weeks. Florida and Virginia Tech are two the weakest P5 baseball environments in the country. I guess congrats to them for taking care of business but man they got a favorable draw for a team who had to spend two weeks on the road.

They had a decent case to host.  Either way, going on the road and winning two, including vs the 4 seed, is impressive no matter how you slice it.  Now let VT come back so this is a moot point.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hate to say it, but they have been pretty damned good the 2nd half of the year. 

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Counterpoint - Learn how to slide.  And if you're coming in so out of control you can't hold the bag, you might have been out anyway if you slid properly.

He had the base stolen easily. It wasn't cuz he didn't know how to slide. It's hard to grab the bag with the oven mitt and some turfs are faster than others. 

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yup.  OU won a one run third game with gata.  The best chance to stop them lost.    We never had the arms this year we usually have. 

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Counterpoint - Learn how to slide.  And if you're coming in so out of control you can't hold the bag, you might have been out anyway if you slid properly.

Sure. If you are sliding past the bag that was always an out. I’m talking about when the hand hits the bag, you slide up over it and your belly button loses contact for the blink of an eye.