2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

42 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

In the Wisconsin match and last night I think that is where they struggled most

Y’all should have just lost in 4 if you were going to get dominated 15-2 in the fifth. Never seen anything like that before lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I’ll say Texas in 4. Think SD was our toughest test. That could have been the finals match 

Hope you are right.  Be in Austin this weekend for soccer and the little girl is OBSESSED with this team.  Watching last night with the family and she kept telling the wife and i to be quiet, knock on wood, everything.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

One thing to keep an eye on for Louisville-

Chaussee and DeBeer are only 6'0.  They put up a good block, but they're still a tad undersized at the OH position.  Aiko Jones is only 6'2 on the RS. For comparison, Madi is 6'2, Logan is 6'2 and Molly is 6'5

They only out-big us at the MB position - O'Neal is 6'3, Begmark is 6'2 and Caffey is 6'0, while Phrekan Kong (PK) is 6'4 and Amaya Tillman is 6'3. 

We won't have the luxury of hitting over 5'8ish Blossom - Lazaro is 6'0 (like SKT). 

It will be a really good match.  Logan, Phillips and O'Neal will want revenge from the 2019 Regional Semifinal that Louisville won in Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Chaussee and DeBeer are only 6'0.  They put up a good block, but they're still a tad undersized at the OH position.  Aiko Jones is only 6'2 on the RS. For comparison, Madi is 6'2, Logan is 6'2 and Molly is 6'5

They only out-big us at the MB position - O'Neal is 6'3, Begmark is 6'2 and Caffey is 6'0, while Phrekan Kong (PK) is 6'4 and Amaya Tillman is 6'3. 

We won't have the luxury of hitting over 5'8ish Blossom - Lazaro is 6'0 (like SKT). 

It will be a really good match.  Logan, Phillips and O'Neal will want revenge from the 2019 Regional Semifinal that Louisville won in Austin. 

And most of our girls are light's out, smokeshows.....so we have that going for us, which is nice.

Edited by BabaYaga

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

louisville was dominating the block on the weak side also although a big part of that was b/c the sets were being telegraphed.  

Set 1 - 11 hitting errors, hit .056

Set 2-4 - 12 hitting errors, hit .312

Play clean.  Pass, set, kill.  Texas will win.   We came out nervous - a lot of our hitting errors in that first set were long/wide.  4 of them were Logan, who only had 3 the rest of the match, and Caffey, who got benched for Bella. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hope Texas dominates, but Louisville is going to be tough.  Louisville has a lot of really good athletes up front that will give Texas some trouble, especially their block. 

We have to recognize their back row attacks and get a solid block up. I would love to see us give them some of their own medicine and have Madi and Logan attack them a bunch from the back row.

The key is probably our ability to serve tough without too many service errors. Keep pressure on their serve receive.  Their back row defense is good but I think Texas's is better.

Definitely need to start faster, don't want to drop the first set and give them momentum. They recovered well against SD but hate to play with fire.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

New rumor that Erik Sullivan may end up the new UCLA head coach. He’s an alum so I def wouldn’t fault him for taking that gig 

That rumor was just crushed by someone who would know. 

I don’t know who the UCLA coach is going to be, but it ain’t Sullivan. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

I’ll say Texas in 4. Think SD was our toughest test. That could have been the finals match 

Louisville received a really easy draw. In the Elite 8, they played Oregon simply because Nebraska was missing one of their best players. Pitt is good but I don’t think they’re a top 5 team. 

Had Louisville played one of those top Big 10 teams or Texas in the last 2 matches they would have lost. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

13 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

gonna start my scouting 

Chaussee, Debeer (awesome name btw) Jones are the ballers.

I saw Kong turn it all the way up in that 5th last night..

image.png.d1098dc189dd428887750223bbdc4bc0.png

They do have some talent. 

claire, debeer and Jones 

kong reppin dope colors 🔥

lazaro a silent Spanish assassin from USC

p.s tell CB to keep clear of Hendricks. It’s only trouble for him. Lol 

8FD692B7-4985-4C35-ABCB-A3754927DD3A.png

42E11705-7937-47F7-A951-F5C4BD86D5E9.png

DF704F9D-D9B3-43F4-B9A2-1627488D3A26.png

E58536A8-3F0B-4FC2-AB84-6C0FD6548ECF.png

A25FE1A4-405D-4C37-B6BA-60A6A47471DF.png

62B39271-EA0B-428C-A9EA-346E44F7B927.png

CF853E20-C034-442B-95D0-EEBB080D4424.png

E42CD293-E3BE-4E3E-81BE-EEC32FBFCFBD.png

2E8C1B7F-4D31-4419-AB41-5350F106BE13.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Louisville received a really easy draw. In the Elite 8, they played Oregon simply because Nebraska was missing one of their best players. Pitt is good but I don’t think they’re a top 5 team. 

Had Louisville played one of those top Big 10 teams or Texas in the last 2 matches they would have lost. 

Also that was the third matchup for Pitt and Louisville. Pretty lame. They played with fire in their last 2 matches going to 5. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Hell yes! First Texas player ever!

Should be 2nd - Destinee Hooker got robbed in 2009.  Still the most impressive female athlete I've ever seen.  She has that Michael Jordan, Vince Carter, Dominique Wilkins type ability to not only jump out of the gym, but seemingly hang out up there a while.

I know some of his is perspective, but still impressive:

image.png.fd34e7070415ef8ed45f2761d4ad0151.png

image.png.6e2919de095c624e8c7726ca0fec3999.png

image.png.067505a0833528a20c6a2f943cad1a90.png

image.png.c800e8aa47e8da3346be8442d3a2ac4d.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

All I know is #33 needs to be retired. 5 time All American, 3x Big 12 POY, Big 12 Freshman of the Year, AVCA POY. Just add a national title and *chef’s kiss* for the greatest Longhorn Volleyball player 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

A&M hired Jamie Morrison. 

That's the best they could do? 

Oh god I am laughing at the idea that Genny Volpe (Rice HC, former aggy player) turned them down 😂😂

And the UH coach as well 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

CSB

I've only ever been to one Texas VB game. I was stationed in San Diego in 2016-2017 and they came to San Diego to play....USD. I'd never even heard of USD at the time and didn't know if they were any good, but was pretty impressed with their student section even at that time. We won pretty easily iirc. Lexi Sun was at the height of her Surly powers. Pretty cool to see a repeat matchup in the final four.

Now here I am on a plane to Vegas and thank God for live TV on planes. Let's go!!!!! Hook em 🤘🏽🤘🏽

• Hook 'Em 1