Austin FC

Bottlecap

12 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
15 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:
Well coach's kid has to play (no idea why in reality)

I like teen Wolff. How is alex sitting and Pereira out there tho?

I like Wolff too, but with Keller looking shaky I want someone to slow thing down going through the middle.

Damn it Zardes 

This team looked like ass top to bottom. Their passing was atrocious. Midfield can’t create shit. We didn’t have a shot on goal until Driussi’s goal in extra time. Zero improvement anywhere on the pitch. Rigatoni is useless. Might as well play a man down. Keller better return this week’s salary and then cancel his contract himself.

Before the game, the announcer said a goal was to protect the Q2 fortress. I knew right then we were proper fucked.

This team has no chemistry and it looks like instead of training they sat around sniffing each other’s farts the entire off season.

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Apple+ just download the app to your smart tv, laptop, tablet, phone, whatever. First week the MLS pass is free. If you are a TMobile customer, the whole season is free. Shouldn't be that hard to watch tonight. Production looks real slick, better than the shit assed local channels.

Ended up just buying the MLS Season Pass. Annoying but would else you gonna do. 

Not feeling great about our chances this year. STL has some decent guys, but they should not be taking 3 from us in Q2. We are going to be scrambling to save 1 point in a lot of games this year. 

Keller appeared to be beaten by the goal scorer on all 3 goals. The giveaway was the most braindead thing I have seen watching soccer live, but seeing him fly right by the guy on the 3rd goal like he was unaware that the man had the ability to turn left was even more convincing that he is a very limited defender whose presence in an already suspect backline will produce a lot of disgusting shit storms. 

I thought Pereira was improved, and Rigoni  showed he has some value on the right, I just can't figure out why he and Seb seem to have zero chemistry. They both gave the ball away too much in transition. Wolff struggled some but also looked the part at times. He could be really good in the middle by the end of the season. 

This was a really rough start, but if we get Cascante back it might not be the beginning of a downward spiral

Missed the game live. Where the fuck are the highlights? This is the best thing I've found so far and it's still missing 2 goals.

Hoping Austin FC posts something later.

This channel used to be full of videos. Is this an Apple TV thing? 

Screenshot_20230226_084755_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b61f300fa672cbce9061ed65d6a5382e.jpg

So I guess all of the recaps and highlights are also going to be locked behind Apple tv. Who are the dipshits running this league? 

Edited by ztejas

Anyway - from what I saw - the back 4 is going to be a mess but we all knew that. Keller is unplayable - I mean I know MLS regularly features some awful defenders but he's on another level apparently. Cascante is still a dumbass but at least he has some quality. Stuver was good outside of the bush league miss on the ball for their first goal. 

Driussi is still amazing and one of the best players on this side of the Atlantic. So we have that going for us. Maybe Rigoni gets something going. I'm not really worried about the midfield and attack in February - we know they can score goals. 

With this current roster we're going to be spotting teams a goal a game just from doing dumb, avoidable shit and will need to average at least 2 ourselves to earn a decent playoff seed. Maybe the new GM (sorry - "sporting director") fixes some stuff instead of doing retarded shit like signing a superfluous winger instead of shoring up the back line. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

There's definitely a few traditions brewing for Austin FC still, just wish beating ourselves wasn't one of them. Stuver had some of those moments last year, good on Wolff to preach the Next Man Up mentality to Keller. Is this just MLS quality, and lots of teams do this type of shit multiple times a year? Or are we an anomaly?

15 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Is this just MLS quality, and lots of teams do this type of shit multiple times a year? Or are we an anomaly?

Yes. But like I said, Keller was shockingly bad even at this level. I'm fine if Stuver fucks something up every few games - that shouldn't kill us - and usually he makes up for it with great saves.

Gabrielsen was our 2nd best player last year - he covered up a lot of the dumbassery.

Gabrielsen was our 2nd best player last year - he covered up a lot of the dumbassery.

A WHOLE LOTTA THIS. Gabrielsen was a high quality defender, AND a strong leader for the defense (truly a second captain on the pitch). We missed both of those things yesterday.
Again, I really don’t like the Driussi to captain move. Just because you’re the best scorer on the team doesn’t mean you’re the team leader (think Ricky Williams - scored all those points, and was actually well-liked, but neither thing made him a leader; he just doesn’t have the personality for it).
After sleeping on it….I can’t recall ever seeing as disastrous a single performance as Keller’s last night. Wow. He’s unquestionably the reason we didn’t get 3 points, and also the reason we didn’t salvage at least 1 point. Jaw-droppingly awful.