Austin FC

Bottlecap

That was a shit game. I’ve truly never seen such flopping. They had players going down in excruciating pain who had just….jumped up for a header, missed, not touched anyone else…yet suffered an injury that looked more painful than childbirth. It was garbage.

But missing that many shots is also garbage. Zardes is flat-out a liability. Always at least a half step behind where he should be. I think I hate him.

Their keeper was like 5’8” so the far post and top corners are both wide open. Of course we have 30 shots right at him.

We are a dumb team.

I didn’t hate Rigoni too much for once. He does have a nice touch on his crosses but we’re never in a position to take advantage of them. He probably dropped 5 right in front of the goal and there’s nobody there to receive them.

Shitty result, but still a great atmosphere for a midweek CCL game down 3-0 on the away leg.

My dad lost a close friend suddenly last week, so my brother and I took him to his first ever soccer game last night. He loved it and he had not expected that kind of atmosphere at all.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Or three steps ahead and offsides.

...which I think is how he's trying to address his "always a half step behind" problem.  He camps out offsides.  It's maddening.  He's killing us there.  We'd be so much better off with Maxi getting his minutes.

12 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

This is gonna be a long season. We are deficient at every position.

The goalie is aight. Rest of the team stinks I can't believe with such a big following in Austin they haven't upgraded to some serious players.

We are wasting two DPs. We need to give Rigoni the Pochettino treatment next window and go get the best CDM from Europe looking to make the move to US. Not sure how to fix Ring being a DP.  That was always a mistake regardless of how important he has been. 

Does Teen Wolff have a national team tourney this summer to up his transfer value so we have some money to spend?  

It’s still early and I see this team as middle of pack low playoff seed at this point.  But we have to bury Zardes on the bench as nothing but a high energy/ last 15 minutes guy in the summer heat, and get Urruti back in there with Fagundez and Driussi. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm scared and need an adult.

He is literally the only MLS-caliber center back on the roster. I just think Colorado is that bad.

Hard to believe we're only three weeks to the day since we got the official news about Julio being out at least eight weeks. Seems like two years ago.

• Rage+1 1

I want to have strongly held opinions because I am a season ticket holder and a member of Los Verdes but I also don’t really  understand soccer, so I’m fine with anybody provided that they run the goal kicking play.

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If it isn't a CB then we riot

Is that a goal kicking play or passing to goal kicker person?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1