Austin FC

Bottlecap

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm prepared to be disappointed that Austin did not sign the CB we need.  Wouldn't be surprised by a deal being struck with Micah Burton from the academy or something like that.

That would actually be pretty cool as it would keep him from the USL->Europe pipeline and give us more to watch with Austin FC II.

• Hook 'Em 1

It looks like it also includes an option to buy, which is always nice. Has played in Ligue 2 and then also played a ton early this year in the top league in Belgium, but has been on off the squad for months. I hope he's in decent shape.

Edited by SimonBolivar

Having Zardes as our striker is like a baseball team having “automatic out” as the cleanup spot in the batting order. It’s just fucking baffling. I’ve never seen a striker who does less. He can’t win a physical battle for a ball. When he has the ball, he either gets pushed down with a pinkie to the back, or just gives the ball away. He’s killing us.
And Stuver had some amazing saves, no question. But he also displayed some of his typical cringeworthy decision making. One of the plate spouses sat in front of us, and she actually curled up into a cringe twice when Stuver was dallying with the ball.
We needed 3 points. We were lucky to get 1.
I won the 50/50 raffle, though. So that’s nice.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Having Zardes as our striker is like a baseball team having “automatic out” as the cleanup spot in the batting order. It’s just fucking baffling. I’ve never seen a striker who does less. He can’t win a physical battle for a ball. When he has the ball, he either gets pushed down with a pinkie to the back, or just gives the ball away. He’s killing us.

Such a baffingly stupid signing right after the WTF Rigoni signing. Maybe go get someone young and dynamic instead of these middling and/or washed up guys that don't have any fire left.

Why was Vaisanen out?  Is he injured?  Last night's lineup was really odd.  

There were some really poor moments throughout the match on both ends. We were lucky CO didn't score on one or two of those set pieces.  Nice to see Djeffal make a terrific pass only for Redes to be perfectly on brand for Redes.  Zardes should come in at about 70 when we need a spark. He should not be starting at this point when we have Urruti who is a much more technical player and has proven chemistry with Seb and Diego.  Rigoni once again didn't play too terrible, but he is so one-dimensional and provides no creativity. 

We got beat predictably by some speed up top against a shoddy backline that was out of position. We get dominated against more than half the teams in the league with that effort.

Its better than losing, but the losses are going to come at a high clip really soon without huge improvement. 

Edited by Chips O'Toole
Shit

Why was Vaisena out?  Is he injured?  Last night's lineup was really odd.  

There were some really poor moments throughout the match on both ends. We were lucky CO didn't score on one or two of those set pieces.  Nice to see Djeffal make a terrific pass only for Redes to be perfectly on brand for Redes.  Zardes should come in at about 70 when we need a spark. He should not be starting at this point when we have Urruti who is a much more technical player and has proven chemistry with Seb and Diego.  Rigoni once again didn't play too terrible, but he is so one-dimensional and provides no creativity. 

We got beat predictably by some speed up top against a shoddy backline that was out of position. We get dominated against more than half the teams in the league with that effort.

Its better than losing, but the losses are going to come at a high clip really soon without huge improvement. 

Viasenen was called up to the Finnish national team. Yeah, we missed him, but the awful attack is what killed us.

Change in atmosphere?  Couple replies agreeing w/ him w/ some examples, but can't seem to find anything else about any specific incident.

WTF is that Nancy complaining about? I sit in 107, right over the visitors tunnel and next to the supporters section. It’s a drunken riot fest. What’s he expecting?
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

WTF is that Nancy complaining about? I sit in 107, right over the visitors tunnel and next to the supporters section. It’s a drunken riot fest. What’s he expecting?

Say that to his face, pussy.

Screenshot_20230328_103720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6f3e1d7113e471c580478c59848d7e57.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

I am so disinterested in this team with Rigoni and Zardes starting. Two of the least entertaining and creative attackers in football. This team is a bore lead by a manager who is even more boring than his bullshit team.

Yeah but you get to pay $20/mo to watch the games! Doesn't that make up for it?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 3:53 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Another really good Moontower Soccer episode, @skittlebrau  It is really nice to hear the interviews with the Apple TV commentators - I enjoy the perspective of outsiders as opposed to just homers.  I thought Taylor Twellman was especially insightful. 

Thanks! We’ve got a guy from MLS setting them up for us every week. Ironically, the one he fucked up was Adrian Healey for the Rapids preview. Which is also the only one I could have set up on my own.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And he hasn’t been doing shit with the touches he gets. Lousy passes, etc

I haven’t seen many quality passes to him. I don’t know. Seems nuts to ignore entire left hand side of field past midfield