2018 NCAA Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@msudawg are you sure you should be replacing whomever is coaching your guys right now?

I know it's hard to explain but.. Yes. Henderson is NOT a good head coach. we are winning all these games with our hitting. 

Our hitting coach, jake gautreau is bringing out the best in our freshmen or juco transfer right now. Just amazing. We have made some DUMB errors out in the field and had no business winning like we have to this point. But the old saying is it's better to be lucky than good. and who really knows how this season is going. But we are truly playing with house money and have SO much of this team coming back next year. 

THIS IS NOT a prediction, but IS AN OPTION. Riddle me this. Would you take a Head coach fired by Kentucky a couple years ago..on a miracle run. Or Tadlock or Butch Thompson. Both are on the final 6 "supposedly" being interviewed. It would truly be so Mississippi State LUCKED their way to Omaha and win our FIRST national championship.. and then we hire a different coach (unless henderson just retires...which is a possibility). 

15 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Tadlock is going nowhere.  He will retire at Tech.  That is a pipe dream.

I hope this is true.

Not worried about him looking elsewhere, as he is 100% a true fit for Tech; but also recognize when people start backing up the Brinks trucks, a man must listen, for his family's sake.

Even though Tech has proven they can fuck up a good thing. See Mike Leach.  I think Tadlock being a former player at Tech has some meaning.  He has put Tech baseball up there and Tech hopefully has learned not to be dumbasses to their coaches.  Aggy thinks they can pull away Tadlock too.  So delusional.

15 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

So Tadlock declined to interview with Texas, but will say yes to Texas A&M aggie or Mississippi State? 

Makes sense because SEC

Always a chance your agent can talk aggy out of enough guaranteed money you'll never have to coach again, even while you're actually their coach.

• Like 1

This does not apply to Texas in a real world way,  because of your resources, but is there a public average salary for each sport coaching salary per conference?    I think sully makes a about one and a quarter million annually, and that was higher than anyone save maybe LSU's guy.  Not sure.     I think Tadlock makes about 700K.   Actually, with Miss State losing their football coach, they might be butt hurt enough to pay an enormous salary to some baseball coach to make sure he stays.   So they might get in an Aggy-State bidding war,  seeing is how both programs are of relatively equal insignificance and delusions of grandeur.

That Tennesseetech coach gonna make bank really soon in his soon-to-be job change. 

Baseball.  The essence of it on display.   Hats off to Auburn for some great defense and good pitching  today.  Bases loaded fuck up by us again in a close game with a good opponent will bite your ass down the road.

Go Gators, get 'em in Game Three.

Edited by Gatorubet