This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

From what people are saying around here it is true. 15 year old kid I believe. Makes since now why Riley never offered the kid, and why once the new coaches did found out they took the offer back. 

I don't care.  I'm tired of playing by different rules than OU does.  If he was a 5 star, or OU REALLY needed him, they'd have no problem with him.  We're taking all the manslaughterers!  Rapists, arsonists, murderers, rapists.  Send 'em all our way if they can play good football.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I don't care.  I'm tired of playing by different rules than OU does.  If he was a 5 star, or OU REALLY needed him, they'd have no problem with him.  We're taking all the manslaughterers!  Rapists, arsonists, murderers, rapists.  Send 'em all our way if they can play good football.   

But will you take the Irish?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

lulz

Did Oklahoma State start limiting themselves to good people before or after signing and playing Chris Collins?

According to reddit: kid took a plea on 12-10, ou offered him on 12-11, OSU signed him on 12-15. I wonder if neither school knew about it right after it happened. His last name in the court records is hyphenated but he doesn't use that name in general. People that looked him up couldn't find a case under his shorter name. Maybe he was trying to keep his shit on the DL?

Either way, he sounds like a real straight shooter that has upper management written all over him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

According to reddit: kid took a plea on 12-10, ou offered him on 12-11, OSU signed him on 12-15. I wonder if neither school knew about it right after it happened. His last name in the court records is hyphenated but he doesn't use that name in general. People that looked him up couldn't find a case under his shorter name. Maybe he was trying to keep his shit on the DL?

Either way, he sounds like a real straight shooter that has upper management written all over him.

Oklahoma State knew:

https://amp.oklahoman.com/amp/9000341002

Brown was adjudicated as a youthful offender under Oklahoma’s Youthful Offender Act and entered into a rehabilitation plan. Brown currently is 18 years old, but was 17 at the time of the accident, which occurred March 14 in Moore. 

On Dec. 15, Brown signed a National Letter of Intent to play football at Oklahoma State. University officials, including football staff and members of the athletic department, were aware of the case involving Brown during his recruitment and researched the matter before his signing, according to athletic department officials.

Report I saw today was that he was speeding and killed a cyclist. I thought the surly consensus was fuck cyclists?

Anyway, no drugs or alcohol, he didn't flee, and there was no arrest at the scene. Just says he was speeding. Someone put out there he was going more than 100mph, I doubt that because it would likely be an arrest at the scene. Either way, it was an accident, and a mistake on his part, but the courts felt no jail time was required, and he is allowed to live his life and seek rehabilitation. That's good enough for me I guess. Find me any college roster that is sparkling clean top to bottom, it doesn't exist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

Report I saw today was that he was speeding and killed a cyclist. I thought the surly consensus was fuck cyclists?

Anyway, no drugs or alcohol, he didn't flee, and there was no arrest at the scene. Just says he was speeding. Someone put out there he was going more than 100mph, I doubt that because it would likely be an arrest at the scene. Either way, it was an accident, and a mistake on his part, but the courts felt no jail time was required, and he is allowed to live his life and seek rehabilitation. That's good enough for me I guess. Find me any college roster that is sparkling clean top to bottom, it doesn't exist.

From the above Oklahoman link:

Brown was driving his vehicle at a high rate of speed heading southbound at the 1500 block of South Eastern Avenue in Moore when he struck the victim, who was on a bicycle traveling south in the middle of the two southbound lanes, according to the police report obtained by The Oklahoman. 

The report, dated 9:41 p.m. on March 14, states that Brown’s vehicle was traveling at 90 miles per hour when it struck the victim, and the investigation determined the car had been traveling at 104 miles per hour three seconds before striking the victim, who died as a result of the collision. 

Google maps of 15th and Eastern. Speed limit there should be 35 or 40. 

0E30E4DD-FA86-4270-87AC-42A77158687C.thumb.jpeg.12ebb6ff3c90c5f5d7680ed01c5069a3.jpeg

I’m not sure what the right punishment is but going 100mph in a residential area and killing a kid on a bicycle probably deserves more than counseling and a deferred sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world. Everyone does...kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

Cyclist? He ran over a kid, not Lance Armstrong. 

• 4 weeks later...

Both coaches served as defensive graduate assistants for Oklahoma State

Sources: Ryan Day, Ohio State poised to add two more defensive staffers in off-field roles

JOHN BRICE.     JAN 13, 2022

Ryan Day's dramatic offseason overhaul of his Ohio State defense continues to take shape.

After last month nabbing well-regarded defensive play-caller Jim Knowles away from Oklahoma State as first reported by FootballScoop, and further rebuilding the back-end of the defense with impending additions of Perry Eliano and Tim Walton, the Buckeyes are poised to bring in two more young coaches with Oklahoma State ties, sources tell FootballScoop.

Michael Hunter, who played collegiately at both Indiana and Oklahoma State and served in key roles for both programs, will join the Buckeyes' defensive staff in an off-the-field role, sources confirmed to FootballScoop.

Additionally, Koy McFarland also is expected to join the OSU staff in an unspecified off-the-field role.

McFarland, son of longtime college assistant coach and brief Stephen F. Austin head coach Robert McFarland, played at Arkansas-Monticello before he joined the Cowboys' staff as a graduate assistant.

After Knowles' departure to the Buckeyes prior to Oklahoma State's Fiesta Bowl appearance, McFarland fully took over linebacker coaching duties for the Cowboys -- earning praise in the process from Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy.

As Knowles, Eliano, Walton, Hunter and McFarland all prepare to settle into new roles in Columbus, Ohio, the Buckeyes continue to dramatically reshape their defensive staff from this past season's Rose Bowl champions squad. Gone are Matt Barnes, who left to become defensive coordinator at Memphis, as well as Kerry Coombs on an expiring contract and most recently, Al Washington, who was dismissed from Day's staff Thursday, per multiple sources.

Veteran defensive line coach Larry Johnson, in fact, is expected to be the lone holdover on the Ohio State defensive staff. 

On 12/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, 'stache said:

Nah, screw this "what-aboutism." As an OU fan, I know about player malfeasance and administrative error. For example, the Mixon fiasco was just that. A fiasco. OU should've kicked him off the team, and it would've been better for OU and Mixon.

Admitting that your school is making a mistake doesn't make you less of a fan, but it allows you to maintain your principles.

And I'm not saying that OkSt shouldn't have taken the guy. I'm all for context and second chances especially for young people, especially young Black people who've historically have gotten less than one chance.

But don't justify anything by excusing poor behavior, life-taking behavior by saying it's okay because other people do it.

35 minutes ago, quigley said:

@oSuJeff97

What about after Devon Thomas?

Didn't Tyreek Hill have issue known issues pre-OkSt too?

Devon Thomas? The guy who signed an LOI but never made it to campus? The same Devon Thomas who also had an offer from OU?  Not sure what the point is there.

I don’t recall on Tyreek Hill. I do recall him being kicked off the team immediately after his incident in Stillwater. Unlike, say, Joe Mixon, who was given the “punishment” of a redshirt season after breaking a girl’s face.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Nah, screw this "what-aboutism." As an OU fan, I know about player malfeasance and administrative error. For example, the Mixon fiasco was just that. A fiasco. OU should've kicked him off the team, and it would've been better for OU and Mixon.

Admitting that your school is making a mistake doesn't make you less of a fan, but it allows you to maintain your principles.

And I'm not saying that OkSt shouldn't have taken the guy. I'm all for context and second chances especially for young people, especially young Black people who've historically have gotten less than one chance.

But don't justify anything by excusing poor behavior, life-taking behavior by saying it's okay because other people do it.

But excusing face breaking behavior by making up lies about the victim is cool?  Were you over on the OU boards virtue signaling this hard when the Mixon shit went down or do you only reserve your moral stances for OSU issues?  

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

But excusing face breaking behavior by making up lies about the victim is cool?  Were you over on the OU boards virtue signaling this hard when the Mixon shit went down or do you only reserve your moral stances for OSU issues?  

Hey...I did it right there. It's an example of owning a decision rather than deflecting.

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Devon Thomas? The guy who signed an LOI but never made it to campus? The same Devon Thomas who also had an offer from OU?  Not sure what the point is there.

I don’t recall on Tyreek Hill. I do recall him being kicked off the team immediately after his incident in Stillwater. Unlike, say, Joe Mixon, who was given the “punishment” of a redshirt season after breaking a girl’s face.

OU did offer Thomas but pulled it after he'd declared himself. OkSt kept recruiting him.

You and @Go Pokes weirdly are don't understand that I brought up the Mixon fiasco as an example of showing you that acknowledging mistakes is good rather than bad.

Hey...I did it right there. It's an example of owning a decision rather than deflecting.

Well, yeah. It’s easy now that his eligibility is used up and he can’t help OU. I’d love to see some of your posts concerning Mixon when that all went down. We owned Hill decision the moment it happened. Check the OSU boards. 100% of the posters were ashamed and wanted him gone. Compare that to the ou fans who ran the girl with the broken face out of school and you’ll see why we enjoy the view from our high horse compared to OU. That horse could be a miniature pony and we’d still be able to see the bald spot on top of ou fabs heads.

3 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Well, yeah. It’s easy now that his eligibility is used up and he can’t help OU. I’d love to see some of your posts concerning Mixon when that all went down. We owned Hill decision the moment it happened. Check the OSU boards. 100% of the posters were ashamed and wanted him gone. Compare that to the ou fans who ran the girl with the broken face out of school and you’ll see why we enjoy the view from our high horse compared to OU. That horse could be a miniature pony and we’d still be able to see the bald spot on top of ou fabs heads.

I have and will call out OU errors first. I never support OU keeping Mixon, then or now. More recently, I thought it was bad that OU brought in Turk last year (punter from Arizona) and Lebby this year. And have said so.

Regardless, be better than OU fans.

Hold Gundy accountable for keeping Brown by making sure the consequences of the arrangement are met. Brown can grow from this and be a great person. There are ready examples for his: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/sports/larry-miller-nike-book.html

Don't deflect.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:44 PM, Archer said:

Google maps of 15th and Eastern. Speed limit there should be 35 or 40. 

0E30E4DD-FA86-4270-87AC-42A77158687C.thumb.jpeg.12ebb6ff3c90c5f5d7680ed01c5069a3.jpeg

I’m not sure what the right punishment is but going 100mph in a residential area and killing a kid on a bicycle probably deserves more than counseling and a deferred sentence. 

So, your problem is with the legal system. 

By most accounts the man would be a good get, and that Harsin is a tough dude to work for…as stated above not sure we could offer the man a raise, but dollars go pretty far in Stillwater and maybe he’s looking for some stability.  

Fingers crossed. Having a reliable defense built around a stout D Line and press coverage was a wonderful thing this season, actually seeing adjustments made at half time was poppin fresh to this alum…of course the Joe’s were all experienced guys which helps.  

This points directly to all of Gundy's recent talk of taking OSU football to the "next level."

This is literally the first time I recall us pulling a top assistant from a power program. In the past it's always been him trying to find diamonds in the rough in G5 (or lower, lol) or lower-rung P5 programs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Here's the article...

Vanderbilt transfer OL Jason Brooks commits to Oklahoma State

ByCODY NAGEL 15 hours ago

STILLWATER, Okla. — Oklahoma State football more than capitalized on its big recruiting weekend with a pair of commitments from transfer offensive linemen on Sunday, a source confirmed to GoPokes247. Former Vanderbilt tackle Jason Brooks joins the Cowboys' 2022 class along with former USC lineman Casey Collier.

Brooks is a 6-foot-4, 295-pound tackle that has three years of eligibility remaining — which includes an extra year because of the pandemic in 2020 — once he officially arrives in Stillwater. He spent two seasons with the Commodores.

Brooks played in one game for the Commodores as a true freshman in 2020, and was used primarily as a reserve this past season.

After entering the transfer portal in February, Brooks reported offers from Houston, Michigan State and Oklahoma State.

Brooks was a three-star prospect coming out of Houston (Tex.) Dobie in the 2020 class. He ranked as the No. 71 offensive guard and No. 143 overall recruit regardless of position in Texas for the 2020 class by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He also ranked as the No. 1,156 prospect nationally.

Vanderbilt was the lone Power Five offer for Brooks coming out of high school with Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, North Texas, SMU, UNLV, Utah State and others in the mix.

At the time Brooks signed with Vanderbilt, new Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Derek Mason was the head coach of the Commodores.

Oklahoma State was able to capitalize on a key recruiting weekend with three transfer offensive linemen visiting. The Cowboys offensive line numbers are down this spring after multiple departures from the position group since the end of the 2021 season. Former starting left guard Josh Sills and starting center Danny Godlevske exhausted their eligibility following a super senior season and just wrapped up their Pro Day on Thursday with hopes of making it on an NFL roster. The other four offensive linemen no longer with the program were reserves on the depth chart and decided to pursue a new opportunity via the portal: Hunter Anthony, Tyrese Williams, Monroe Mills and Cade Bennett.

The Pokes and offensive line coach Charlie Dickey immediately turned their attention to the transfer portal looking to use it to their advantage.

With the addition of Brooks and Collier, Oklahoma State's 2022 recruiting class is now at 22 total prospects. The Cowboys sit at No. 35 nationally in the 247Sports Composite Overall Rankings, which blends the ratings of high school and JUCO additions with players pulled in from the transfer portal.

Brooks has not yet received his updated transfer portal rating, so Oklahoma State should see a rise when that is completed.

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL I always get nervous when this thread is bumped. 

Glad to see it was good news. :)

The other news is that Gundy got a bunch more money and we're doing $40 mil in renovations to the stadium, sounds like a little more reduced capacity and more comfort. I think that's the way these things are going. Smaller capacity, more comfort. If you're going to ask fans to pay a ton of money to go the stadium instead of their couch and big screen TV, it needs to be a good experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The other news is that Gundy got a bunch more money and we're doing $40 mil in renovations to the stadium, sounds like a little more reduced capacity and more comfort. I think that's the way these things are going. Smaller capacity, more comfort. If you're going to ask fans to pay a ton of money to go the stadium instead of their couch and big screen TV, it needs to be a good experience.

Yep. 

Although I have mixed feelings about reducing capacity. Like it or not, attendance/capacity is one of the factors looked at for programs that are going to sit at the CFB "big boy" table. We can easily support 60k, so I wish our capacity was closer to that, but I do get that the stadium, as it is, is not a very comfortable place to sit when it's packed.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's wild to me to see BPS already getting that kind of renovation money.  Place is beautiful as it is.

Yes but it's actually not great from a "fan comfort" standpoint, unless you are in the Club Seats or the west end zone.  The older lower-level seating is VERY cramped and uncomfortable. And unless you are sitting very close to the aisles, it can be very difficult to actually access your seats. That's what this renovation is primarily addressing. 

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

From Salaries thread...

Mike Gundy receives significant raise at Oklahoma State

Oklahoma State has committed a significant pay bump to Gundy.

DOUG SAMUELS      MAR 25, 2022

Oklahoma State announced an approved raise for head coach Mike Gundy this afternoon.  Gundy's annual compensation got a $1 million pay bump, and will also receive an annual retention bonus of $1 million over each of the next five years.  Those changes bring Gundy's compensation for the 2022 season to $7.5 million.

Steve Berkowitz points out that this new deal means that there will be at least nine public school coaches making at least $7.5 million during the 2022 season, with a new deal for Georgia's Kirby Smart expected and at least 13 public school coaches will be making at least $7 million.

The $125k annual escalator and annual one year extension terms from his existing contract remain in place.

The pay raise marks a step up in commitment from the school, and comes after Gundy publicly challenged the school to do the same while his now former defensive coordinator Jim Knowles (now at Ohio State) was being courted by some of college football's top programs.

From the school's release:

"I've spent a majority of my life in Stillwater. Oklahoma State is home. This next-level commitment from our president, , athletic director and our Board of Regents is a monumental step in solidifying Cowboy Football for the future as a national brand," Gundy said. "I'm thankful for Chad, our relationship, and the support and loyalty he's shown not only to me, but to our assistant coaches, support staff, student-athletes, former players, fans and everyone involved with OSU Football. The Cowboy Culture has never been stronger.

"We've already established OSU Football as a contender on the national stage," he added. "My excitement with our administration and their vision has me looking forward to long-term success on and off the field."

The Cowboys are coming off a 12-win season, which marks their best season in a decade and tied a school record for wins.  Gundy is 149-69 since taking over the Cowboys back in 2005.  

35 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yes but it's actually not great from a "fan comfort" standpoint, unless you are in the Club Seats or the west end zone.  The older lower-level seating is VERY cramped and uncomfortable. And unless you are sitting very close to the aisles, it can be very difficult to actually access your seats. That's what this renovation is primarily addressing. 

At 50-55K, we're squarely within the tier of programs just below the bluebloods. Most programs within our tier that have large capacities play in current or former NFL stadiums. Our capacity will not hold us back at all in realignment.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

Wasn't Prentiss Elliott a known gang banger when Okie Lite let him in?