This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

• 1 month later...

Oklahoma State is again nationally relevant. It's not only that college kids are dumb and many won't take it seriously, but at schools like OSU with a high percentage of students from rural areas, they are the ones whose tiny ass hometowns have not seen outbreaks so they don't think it's that bad, or they are in the category of calling it a political hoax and who get most of their news from chainmail or facebook posts from Greataunt Karen.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/us/osu-sorority-covid-trnd/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

New contract cuts Mike Gundy’s buyout in half

By Zach Barnett -    August 27, 2020

A free t-shirt could wind up being the most expensive thing Mike Gundy ever owned.  When photos surfaced of the Oklahoma State head coach donning an OAN shirt mushroomed into a possible player mutiny earlier this summer, Oklahoma State launched an investigation into Gundy and the football program.  That investigation cleared Gundy to continue leading the program he’s headed since 2005, but with a lighter contract. Gundy’s contract went from a rolling 5-year deal to a 4-year one, with a $1 million pay cut that, we were told, came at Gundy’s suggestion. 

But that wasn’t the only change Oklahoma State made, and it’s hard to imagine any of these being Gundy’s idea.  As detailed by The Oklahoman, Gundy would now owe Oklahoma State $4 million should he leave for another job, an increase of $1 million from the previous figure.

But the biggest change came on his school-side buyout, which changed significantly.  Previously, Gundy would be owed 75 percent of his remaining contract should Oklahoma State fire him without cause — a figure that, at roughly $5.25 million per year for five years, equated to roughly $17 million.  Now, though, Gundy would be owed 50 percent of his remaining contract, which, at $4.25 million over four years, cuts his buyout roughly in half, to $8.5 million.

Additionally, Gundy would now be owed $2 million if he is fired for cause, a drop of $500,000 from the previous deal.

But that’s not all. The Oklahoman‘s report points out Gundy’s force majeure clause — a standard feature of contracts that allows the school to walk away in the event an act of God makes it impossible for OSU to play football — now includes language that includes “epidemics, pandemics, quarantines.”

Should a force majeure event occur, OSU AD Mike Holder has the authority to alter Gundy’s contract with 24 hours’ notice. But, the contract states, any amount Holder happens to reduce Gundy’s contract, Holder must also reduce his own compensation by an equal or greater amount.

https://footballscoop.com/news/new-contract-cuts-mike-gundys-buyout-in-half/

• 2 weeks later...

Oklahoma State loses Collin Clay for the season

Oklahoma State’s Collin Clay took to twitter to announce that he would miss the season with an ACL injury.

"Man, this year has been a battle for me. Today I was granted elibibility to play this season, but I have recently suffered an ACL tear. I know God has his plan written for me, and I know he wouldn’t throw anything at me that I can’t handle. I will be coming back stronger than ever!!!!"

Bless up 🙏

Edited by LTtxfan

56 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Man, fuck this thread. All it is is bad news.

Here yah go...

ESPN ranks Oklahoma State’s Chuba Hubbard, Tylan Wallace top 2 best players in Big 12 for 2020  

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/football/2020/9/11/21432998/oklahoma-state-cowboy-football-chuba-hubbard-tylan-wallace-top-2-big-12-25-best-players-espn-ranking

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has ESPN+, the series "Our Time" has been following OKST all summer. The part where Gundy went full CR is mildly interesting but doesn't feel anywhere near the bombshell it was in the media at the time. Nevertheless, this week's episode featuring our first game against Tulsa is great. We went through adversity losing Spencer Sanders in the first quarter along with two offensive linemen, the backup QB played like shit and also was hurt, and our third stringer Shane Illingworth was a true freshman who had two practices in the last two weeks due to COVID contract tracing. There is a real nice part with him meeting his with his family after the game since it was never expected he would play. He's from California so they apparently came to Stillwater in a limited crowd expecting to see him ride the pine but he got in and played really well.

But the best part is that I didn't realize our coaches cuss so goddamn much. We used to love Todd Monkey (aka "The Monk") for his foul mouth which was revealed on a similar series in 2011 called "Depth Chart" I think. Gundy uses all sorts of cuss words in his locker room speeches. And the episode includes our new QB Coach Tim Rattay telling Illingsworth after his first successful drive late in the game: "Take a deep breath, go out and get some more. We ain't done with these motherfuckers!" It was an enjoyable episode.

Edited by 'stache

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Holy shit....something positive? Every time I see this thread bumped, I brace for something terrible.

My first thought when I saw this thread at the top was "goddammit Jeff.  I'm having a good day and now you're about to ruin it".  I think it's safe to say we have issues

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's a nice little positive storyline.

JUCO long snapper from San Bernardino Valley College in southern California is considered one of the best at his position in Junior College.

Zaragoza played numerous positions at Ontario Christian High, but when he decided he wanted to play college football, he made the switch from center to long snapper.

“I knew right off the bat I wouldn’t be able to compete (in college) with these 320-pound tackles,” said Zeke. “The running back for my team my junior year, he was a senior, he went to my long snapper coach and he ended up going Division One. So when I had the desire to play college football I thought, ‘why not long snap to try and get a spot on a team, play at the next level, at the highest level I can.’ So that’s kind of what led me to that.”

Zaragoza started training with long snapper coach Matt Wiggly his senior season of high school, and credits Wiggly with where he is now.

“He’s worked with me every single weekend on Sundays,” said Zaragoza. “I give him a lot of credit because I started out of nowhere.”

Zaragoza says he didn’t know a lot about OSU other than watching them on tv, but like what he had seen, and is excited to be on campus. He and his family plan to make a visit in March.

For Zaragoza, playing any kind of football is a big deal. He was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease called Opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome (OMS) when he was three years old that kept him from being able to feed himself or walk.

“A very rare disease. Only one in 10-million kids are diagnosed around the world,” said Zaragoza. “I was considered a severe case. They brought about 25 neurologists from around the world and set me on a table and were trying to figure out what I had.”

Zaragoza says it’s God’s grace — and non-stop support from his parents — that he’s where he is today and that he wants to be able to use football to help others who are dealing with OMS.

“My mom tells me everyday, ‘don’t let your story go to waste’,” said Zaragoza. “That’s the end goal for me is, to give anyone whose got the same disability or near to it that there’s hope and you can do anything if you put your mind to it.”

https://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/football/2020/2/18/21122978/meet-oklahoma-states-2020-pwos-part-one

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was much happier to think we were playing Baylor last week to keep some momentum going against a (perceived) weaker team and not suddenly have to roll against ISU after two weeks off.  Then again I was worried Kansas was going to surprise us this year with a close game.  Confidence is a rare commodity for the majority of Poke fans...being incredibly over ranked right now helps cement the unease.  

I feel like if Gundy was smart with the quarterback situation (hahaha...haaaahahahahahahahah) we’d have a plan to play both of them.  We had some good success back in the JW Walsh days using him in short yardage and goal line situations, I’d like to think that would let SS work his way back into the flow and maximize his legs without giving him too many chances to get injured.  I know Gundy has offhandedly mentioned that, but I never trust a damn thing the man says.  

Hopefully the old Chuba is back, our OL has cemented a serviceable starting rotation, defense proves it’s legit this year and we keep on having above-average ST...we can afford some QB fluctuations and still win enough games to make this ass-backward as fuck season worthwhile.  

Here’s my impression of how we/osu broke the top-10.

image.gif.7bbb49c422cf54b18e1213f883503e14.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Homercles said:

Here’s my impression of how we/osu broke the top-10.

image.gif.7bbb49c422cf54b18e1213f883503e14.gif

OMG so true.  I was much more comfortable hanging around 15th or so.  Being ranked 7th or whatever at this point doesn't feel right.  If our defense continues to dominate and the offense shows signs of another gear, then we can talk... but right now....?  That shit just makes me nervous.

25 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Weren't we #5 when Houston came in and pantsed us? That was fun.

Think so.  But that was at least (sort of) justified.  That was the year we started around 10ish and then housed Georgia in our first game.  We also lost Dez for the year after that Houston game because fuck the NCAA.

Also - turns out that Houston team had a guy at QB who is still in the NFL.... 

Edited by oSuJeff97

On 10/21/2020 at 11:27 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Think so.  But that was at least (sort of) justified.  That was the year we started around 10ish and then housed Georgia in our first game.  We also lost Dez for the year after that Houston game because fuck the NCAA.

Also - turns out that Houston team had a guy at QB who is still in the NFL.... 

That Houston vs. OKST game are the kinds of games I like to bet on.

Nothing like a big let down a week after an emotionally draining and physical win.