• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

I've actually got a crew with me this time. 

See you at Shortys Thursday night!

I’ll head up there after lunch and save us a table. I’m pretty sure I can make it till Thursday night. Bring food though. We almost got an OU sucks chant going there last night. I did manage to get a strong Hook ‘em out of the guitar player.

Let's fucking go. We had an ass tier turn out for west Virginia I think we will have a lot more energized fanbase and hopefully you assholes will come to the tailgate before the game. I'll be there at 8AM and have GameDay on. As always we will have the game on at the tailgate which is a defacto watch party! 

Reminder it's kid friendly and we will have plenty of non alcoholic stuff for the kiddos to drink. 

Anyone have any opinions on food? 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Anyone have any opinions on food? 

Will be there. The tamales you brought for the Bama game were great. Those would be good again.  Also breakfast or bbq would work too. 

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1

My nephew and some of his mates from down under are going to the game. They are pro Footy players. (I've been pushing the Longhorn punter angle for years) Figure we'd stop by. Happy to bring some foods/drinks...

Edited by Walser
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Walser said:

My nephew and some of his mates from down under are going to the game. They are pro Footy players. (I've been pushing the Longhorn punter angle for years) Figure we'd stop by. Happy to bring some foods/drinks...

What's bringing them to Texas out of curiosity?  FC playoffs?  cool they''re going to a huge college football game.  Imma go out on a big limb here and assume they'll be drinking that morning.  

Just now, Hate said:

Where exactly is the tailgate?  I will be attending my first game since 2003 this weekend.  I will be at another tailgate, but I want to stop by at least for a few minutes. 

Pinned post in this thread. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/26628-2022-surly-tailgate-meta-thread-of-dominance/?do=findComment&comment=4625257

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Any parking recommendations? I'll be getting down there around 8 am.

I was able to park on the street up here for the ULM game. Assuming you can easily find a spot that early in the morning. No permit needed. 

Screenshot_20221014-125911-834.thumb.png.afa48c64a811be0f7cc5609b05a4d694.png

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a closer spot on 30th or 31st - but iirc that area is a bit more blocked off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2022 at 3:55 PM, YGIFS said:

What's bringing them to Texas out of curiosity?  FC playoffs?  cool they''re going to a huge college football game.  Imma go out on a big limb here and assume they'll be drinking that morning.  

Well his father lives in Dallas and coming down with his other boys. Also my mother and sisters all live here in Austin so it's gonna be hoot.

Also, csb, he does his version of the horns when scores as an homage to UT. /csb

1578914407825_G322J5HFF.1-0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

I don't know the fella, but based on that hand sign, I like the cut of his jib.  Hope they have a safe, kickass, and chock full of hot ass time.  The eye candy and corresponding attire around town/campus/ACL this week has been borderline insane.  

21 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I'm going to drop by.  I had a group bail on me because some caught covid. I plan to park at Central Market and uber over to Dean Keeton and Robert Dedman. They can't get any closer, right? 

That's real close yeah. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I'm going to drop by.  I had a group bail on me because some caught covid. I plan to park at Central Market and uber over to Dean Keeton and Robert Dedman. They can't get any closer, right? 

I typically uber to snarfs sandwiches across the street.  It's the closest location that isn't on campus.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

@ztejas, you need to handle the tailgate. imma got overwhelmed again, didn’t come through with his shit, massive fail yet again. 

Why do you feel the need to be an insufferable cunt when you don’t donate anything to be here?  You’re rapidly loosing the last few people who stuck up for you on this site…

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’m going to assume SDG is too fucking stupid to even know who he’s replying to. Fucking idiot. 

Yeah; idiots graduate with honors from McCombs.. You keep being you by donating nothing and complaining about everything…

if this site is so bad; do us all a favor and fucking leave.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1