• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

Last season we started doing a tailgate on campus for conference play onwards. We also had open bar pre-parties at Fayettnam and in Dallas. Our tailgates do not end at game start, they end at 4 hours after the end of the game or midnight whichever comes first. For night games they start at noon and end at midnight. Some of the most fun win or lose is had at the tailgate post-game. It's also a good place to hang out while the traffic or Uber situation normalizes. 

This season I decided to have the full season of home games as tailgates available for the community. We have an excellent spot on campus near the LBJ library and a very short walk (<5 minutes from stadium). 

I have a newborn and a kid turning 3 in November, so I won't be able to make it to every tailgate, but it will be there fully set up by staff with 2 coolers and tons of ice. I'd like for some people to step up and organize, with budget some of those tailgates I won't be at. I have a solar generator and a TV that is easy to set up + depending on the game there will be between a 500 and 2000 dollar budget for food/booze. It comes with 1 parking pass on campus right next to the stadium and the staff will also load in/out all of the stuff you bring (booze, food, TV whatever)

Sep 3 ULM - need host I will be out of town

Sep 10 Bama - Hosted by @RGBIII and myself. Need feedback to know if we should double our footprint from a tent perspective. If you plan on coming please answer the survey so I can get a headcount.

Sep 17 UTSA - Hosted by me

Oct 1 WVU - Hosted by me

Oct 8 OU in Dallas - Hosted at Lee Harvey's night before

Oct 15 ISU - Hosted by me

Nov 12 TCU - Need a host will likely not make it

Nov 26 BAY - Need a host/need to know if I need to cancel and get a discount next season. We didn't have this tailgate last year and it was a waste of money.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I wasn't able to get tickets to ant games this year, but I'd love to come out and watch the game with others. I'm assuming you'll have a TV to watch the game if it's lasting for 12hours? I'll help any way I can, but money is a bit tight. Let me know what I can do imma. I'm an austin local so I don't mind being a gopher.

29 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I wasn't able to get tickets to ant games this year, but I'd love to come out and watch the game with others. I'm assuming you'll have a TV to watch the game if it's lasting for 12hours? I'll help any way I can, but money is a bit tight. Let me know what I can do imma. I'm an austin local so I don't mind being a gopher.

This is one of the best ways to watch, because we do have a TV with a solar generator. You get to hear the roar from DKR and have unlimited beer and food while you watch the game. 

• Hook 'Em 5

We might stop by for this game beforehand, depending on how well things are going with the kiddo and babysitter. 

What time does the tailgate open up it's sweaty, boozy arms for this game?

The Alabama game...yeah, 11 am Kick off. If I were a betting man, I'd place the likelihood of a post game appearance greater than making it pre-game, but who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We might stop by for this game beforehand, depending on how well things are going with the kiddo and babysitter. 

What time does the tailgate open up it's sweaty, boozy arms for this game?

The Alabama game...yeah, 11 am Kick off. If I were a betting man, I'd place the likelihood of a post game appearance greater than making it pre-game, but who knows. 

2PM open up for tailgate for ULM. 

8AM for Bama, but I'm not planning on the festivities ramping until post game. Win or lose there is going to be a post game party at the tail gate. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darth Tron said:

Parking question.  Just finally got the family moved back into the area and was looking to take the kiddos to Bevo Blvd and all that.  Anybody got some inside tips for least painful parking experience?

Uber or get a parking pass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

In for UTSA, dragging the girlfriend to meet internet friends is something I’m sure she will be happy about. Lol  If anyone has two lower level east side tickets for sale dm me. 

“See babe…I told you it wouldn’t be like what you thought.  Lot of normal, smart, funn-"

"Muledick?"

"Oh hey, Derka.. meet my gf”

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

In for UTSA, dragging the girlfriend to meet internet friends is something I’m sure she will be happy about. Lol  If anyone has two lower level east side tickets for sale dm me. 

King, you can get some upper level tickets for like 20 bucks. I'm one of those guys that likes sitting in the upper deck so I can see everything. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:22 AM, immamac said:

This is one of the best ways to watch, because we do have a TV with a solar generator. You get to hear the roar from DKR and have unlimited beer and food while you watch the game. 

Yes it is! I’ll be there for Bama and UTSA! 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, Darth Tron said:

Parking question.  Just finally got the family moved back into the area and was looking to take the kiddos to Bevo Blvd and all that.  Anybody got some inside tips for least painful parking experience?

park in the neighborhood north of campus. Will need some walking shoes, but easy in and easy out.. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Will this be going post game?  Heading in with fam and will likely stick to Bevo Blvd area pregame.  But wife and kids will almost certainly leave by halftime and I'll probably stick and try to drink a few some where waiting out uber surcharge back to hotel.

I talked to your wife about it and she said she'd prefer if you came back to the hotel as soon as the game ends. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Will this be going post game?  Heading in with fam and will likely stick to Bevo Blvd area pregame.  But wife and kids will almost certainly leave by halftime and I'll probably stick and try to drink a few some where waiting out uber surcharge back to hotel.

Yes it will be going post game until midnight. Definitely come by and have a few drinks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

Alright. 

Tomorrow's tailgate is all set. Starts at 2PM on campus. Enough food for 30+, 6 cases of beer, wine, drinks for the kiddos, TV and batteries for around 12 hours without solar power, so get ready to party with your favorite internet assholes. I would really like some pics in this thread since I'm not attending. 

It will be just west of lot 40 on campus. See dropped pin for exact location. It's less than 5 minutes to the north side gates of the stadium. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8hfy985eW7DyFniYA

thats the same place as last year right? Going to try to stop by