• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

12 hours ago, Bevo in VA said:

I stopped by with the wife and my two boys - ages 8 and 12 before the game.  This was their first Texas game.  Grabbed a couple of beers and the kids put a dent in the fruit and cookie tray.  Did anyone finish the White Claws?  Thanks for putting this together!

Cool I noticed y'all show up. I was with the other group with kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:01 PM, Viper said:

We don't use the hard r here

South Austin's mom uses the hard R.  

Who is getting overserved in the sun and wandering over to the Gameday set to ogle the talent and put up some kinda funny signage?  Or should we just hold up the "Surly Uses" banner from last week?  

16 hours ago, immamac said:

Did anyone take any more pictures? I’d really like them in the thread @CowtownHorn?

I’ll get some Saturday. Cindy won’t be with me so I’m going to need photo proof that I’m hanging out with a bunch of loser guys from the internet and not actually at a real party with hot women. No offense @Nicole44

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

gonna have two with me for bama, though they're going into the game and i'm just drinking outside with you assholes. 

might need better instructions for where it is.  What Three Words is pretty good for that sort of thing. 

@immamac dropped a pin. look for the link and put in your phone. I'd say look for the tailgate with all the assholes, but that's every Texas tailgate. I said what I said

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

gonna have two with me for bama, though they're going into the game and i'm just drinking outside with you assholes. 

might need better instructions for where it is.  What Three Words is pretty good for that sort of thing. 

40 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

@immamac dropped a pin. look for the link and put in your phone. I'd say look for the tailgate with all the assholes, but that's every Texas tailgate. I said what I said

plus there's literally a sign on the tent that says Burnt Endz and Surlyhorns

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i saw he said he was going to drop a pin but why the pin isn't in that post is beyond me (and yes i did find it, thanks)

4 hours ago, Viper said:

plus there's literally a sign on the tent that says Burnt Endz and Surlyhorns

like i'm going to be able to read at 10 am after drinking a quart of bloody mary on the way up

Edited by elfenix

On 9/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, immamac said:

Alright. 

Tomorrow's tailgate is all set. Starts at 2PM on campus. Enough food for 30+, 6 cases of beer, wine, drinks for the kiddos, TV and batteries for around 12 hours without solar power, so get ready to party with your favorite internet assholes. I would really like some pics in this thread since I'm not attending. 

It will be just west of lot 40 on campus. See dropped pin for exact location. It's less than 5 minutes to the north side gates of the stadium. 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8hfy985eW7DyFniYA

quoting the pin drop

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

So why do the tailgate guys have the sign toward the building and not toward the street so that it is visible from afar?

So fewer people could see the spelling error, maybe?

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, immamac said:

So the plan for next week is to be set up at 7AM or so. I’m going to the game and will bail around 1030 to get to the stands and get a drink etc. it is strongly encouraged for those who don’t have tickets to stay and watch at the tailgate. There will be a TV with an external Bluetooth speaker for extra volume. If someone has a 2nd TV feel free to bring it. 

The real party starts post game, so ditch your bullshit tailgate you go to instead of the surly horns tailgate and come over for at least a beer on your way out of the stadium - we will be showing all the CFB games the rest of the day, have a full service speed bartender, keg beer, and a full bar. I want to get “high end” food this time, open to suggestions I need to order catering soon for the game though. Plan on eating a post game meal around 330-4PM. I have a live DJ lined up as well. 
All donations will be going towards a 3rd BMF award - target goal of 10k.

we will go until they kick us out. 

f8b.gif

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I passed by the tailgate and didn’t even realize it dang it. If I can’t make it to Bama I’ll definitely try to swing by for UTSA.

Oh you better be there. @MissingInActionis giving 50 cent lap dances post game. It’s looking like there is no way we will be there in the morning but will camp out after the game until imma kicks us out. Or we run out of beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, justhookit said:

But seriouslyI’m bringing a bunch of bud light and Imperial, any other requests? I’m returning the empty tequila bottles from one of the tailgates last year. They aren’t so much fun when they are empty. 

A cooler full of just ice I think will be a wise idea. I'm gonna bring the extra yeti full of ice

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m bringing a case of beer if there’s cooler/bucket/trough space. I’m thinking lowish class BL, Shiner Light, Zeigenbock, or similar, because when we all started drinking craft beer our football program turned soft. Maybe Natty and Keystone should not be ruled out. Longhorn football kicked ass when we used to slam shitty beers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’m bringing a case of beer if there’s cooler/bucket/trough space. I’m thinking lowish class BL, Shiner Light, Zeigenbock, or similar, because when we all started drinking craft beer our football program turned soft. Maybe Natty and Keystone should not be ruled out. Longhorn football kicked ass when we used to slam shitty beers. 

Up to you, but cash is preferred since it goes to players. I'll have 2 kegs of Modelo and Coors. 

• Like 2

As far as catering we could have someone carving a brisket and a turkey. Maybe a ham with all the sides: Cole slaw, tater salad, beans etc. Some rolls to make sliders with.

Maybe a bowl of boiled scrimps on ice.

I've always thought it was a good idea to be able to eat tailgate food with one hand while holding a  drink with the other.