Most convenient way to get to the football games?

RabidM

So the Longhorn Express Shuttle appears to be discontinued.  We used to just park at the mall and take the shuttle over... super cheap, super convenient.  What are some other options to get to the stadium?  Are there places you can park that are somewhat near the stadium that isn't too long of a walk?  Is there reasonably priced parking nearby?  We've been using the shuttle so long, I don't really know the other options. 

Yuck. The jokey replies tell me there ain't. Heading to a game this season for the first time in a couple of years as a family member -- including one who isn't that mobile -- want to attend. Not sure the best way to handle it.

Serious answer:

If you're a broke bitch who can't afford a fucking parking pass (Really harsh, immamac.  Really.), grab an Uber or Lyft.  I know they aren't as cheap as they used to be, but they can get you reasonably close to the stadium.  I don't know how to address your mobility issue.  You might want to get on the texassports website and see if there are any accommodations, just as drop off places that are closer. 

I usually park at Medical Arts Square (near intersection of 26th Dean Keeton/Medical Arts Street) at a Kiwanis Club lot.  They charge $20 and it's a quick walk to tailgating/DKR.  There are actually several "fundraiser" lots in that area.  Just don't expect to roll up 30 minutes before KO and expect to get a spot there.

If walking there isn't too far for you, parking garage across from the Clay Pit was always convenient for me heading south but not suburb south. 10-15 minute walk, never a big back up in the garage, and rarely a problem getting through downtown and across the river on 1st or Congress.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Buy a fucking parking pass you broke bitch. 

That was read in a joke tone not a mean one 

Honestly? Never even cross my mind. In all my games, I've never bought a parking pass. Usually I was fine just parking in North Campus and walking down.

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Honestly? Never even cross my mind. In all my games, I've never bought a parking pass. Usually I was fine just parking in North Campus and walking down.

Parking pass is actually awesome if you get one. You can hang out at the tailgate post game till traffic dies down too. Super convenient 

5 hours ago, Native Horn said:

I usually park at Medical Arts Square (near intersection of 26th Dean Keeton/Medical Arts Street) at a Kiwanis Club lot.  They charge $20 and it's a quick walk to tailgating/DKR.  There are actually several "fundraiser" lots in that area.  Just don't expect to roll up 30 minutes before KO and expect to get a spot there.

We do the same, but in a Rotary lot - screw the Kiwanis Club.  Used to be able to pay for an entire season's worth of parking up from at the Medical Arts Square lot and be guaranteed a spot on game day.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

We do the same, but in a Rotary lot - screw the Kiwanis Club.  Used to be able to pay for an entire season's worth of parking up from at the Medical Arts Square lot and be guaranteed a spot on game day.

Now that you mention it, I think it is a Rotary Club lot instead of Kiwanis.  Anywho, it's cheap and pretty close.

We used to park at the garage at 17th and Colorado.  It was free (or maybe $20, who can remember?) and reasonably close to everything (this is the one Celery Man mentioned; across from Clay Pit).

Uber/Lyft are great to get to the game, but leaving the stadium was in excess of $180 surge pricing the last time I went to a game a few years ago (TX/USC).  Stayed that way for a couple of hours.  We walked to a bar and waited it out.

Edited by dcbc

All things gameday parking are here:
https://texassports.com/sports/2016/5/4/parking.aspx

Looks like there are some ADA parking options by Disch-Falk, with a shuttle over to the stadium.

I've always parked somewhere north of campus and walked.  Not being stuck in a garage after the game is a huge advantage.

CapMetro runs high frequency buses down Guadalupe every 15 minutes, if you live close to one of those routes.  I've never ridden one but folks do take these to the Austin FC games.

Edited by Texas Jeff
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Surly Horns tailgate will ALWAYS be set up until midnight or 6 hours after the game whichever comes first. You can Uber and wait at the tailgate until surge pricing goes down while enjoying free beer/wine/whatever, food, CFB on TV and then company of your fellow assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Surly Horns tailgate will ALWAYS be set up until midnight or 6 hours after the game whichever comes first. You can Uber and wait at the tailgate until surge pricing goes down while enjoying free beer/wine/whatever, food, CFB on TV and then company of your fellow assholes. 

Location of said free beer, CFB, and asshole tailgate?

On 8/25/2022 at 10:02 AM, Native Horn said:

Rotary Club lot jacked it up to $30 for the ULM game.  Furk.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:15 PM, immamac said:

What? Really? Where is this fatshagster tail gate?  Fax me the deats bruh. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Last week got borked and for once we ditched our parking pass and caught a ride in. Ubering out after was a complete shitshow disaster. Dean Keaton was like a war zone, had to walk up towards 38 and red river and wait 90 minutes.

Maybe you should have come to the tailgate and just waited it out like a smart person. 

• Hook 'Em 1