Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

10 minutes ago, troph said:

no one has claimed he's a Texas legend yet. But most reasonable people would agree he's the best sophomore QB since Colt (So) and Vince (So) and I think even though on the field results weren't great for Sam, we can throw him in there too.  No one is comparing him to VY 2005 or Colt 2009. It's also true that he's one of the best performing underclassmen at the QB spot in the country.

Don’t sleep on David Ash’s sophomore year! Ya know, before all of the unfortunate concussion stuff…and didn’t Ehlinger also had a pretty nice year under Turtle Tom his sophomore year? 41 total TDs and 5 INTs.

Edited by Bodowned
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

when pressure comes QE is incapable of sliding up in the pocket with his eyes downfield and going through his progressions; if his read isn’t there he immediately craters, looks for a running lane, and then usually gets crumpled up right in the middle of 7 linemen all descending upon him on the middle of the pocket.

Weird. His pff passing grade rank is significant better when pressured than when pocket is kept clean

• Haha 1

I've got two thoughts about what you've said - not really complete arguments, but I want to put them out there.
1. A coin flip has even odds (50/50) of coming up heads or tails, but if you flip a coin ten times the odds of it coming up heads every time is 1/1024. It's not as simply as looking at the odds for each individual coin flip - you have to look at the series. That's what football seasons usually feel like to me. It's not just the individual games, it's the entire season of them. 
2. The argument that we should beat every team that we're more talented than flies in the face of our history as a program, and the proud CFB tradition of more talented teams losing to less talented teams. It happens every year, in every conference, and it happens a lot.
I'm not sure how those thoughts fit into this conversation, something about math and history, but I would assume that is why Vegas had us at 9.5 wins instead of 11. 

1. I get you but view it differently. Rice and Wyoming are not coin flips. Houston really wasn’t but damned if they didn’t almost get us. I’d agree that no win is 100% guaranteed, but in my mind, there were few that were close to 50-50.

2. You are referencing our history. Nothing 3 years ago matters. That’s the battered fan syndrome. You are correct that more talented teams lose every year. But the Bamas, Georgias, Ohio States of the past 5 years are doing quite well in that regard. That’s in part because their talent disparity over their opponent has grown.

I believe in our talent. The talent in the Big 12 is down too in my opinion. I believe in our growth trend from an individual and team perspective. We may not have the talent of those 3 teams above, but we are not far off. And a big part of this equation is that our Big 12 opponents are not in a great talent/experience situation.

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

LOLOLOL. any team that has faced Texas the last two years and was determined to let us run the ball with our literally-best-in-nation RBs and to not let quinn ewers beat them deserves to have their entire coaching staff permanently banned from ever cocking again. this is insane QE homerism. insane. bijan and brooks and baxter run well because of QE’s mere presence? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a6aybka5w8hd6dmc44

unbelievably delusional. 

And this is where we have a serious disconnect. You are spouting opinion instead of watching film. Just about everyone on this thread can tell you that team after team tried their best to duplicate their version of the 3-3-5. I know you heard Sark say teams showed looks they never showed on film. That is why. You would know that with a simple rewatch.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And this is where we have a serious disconnect. You are spouting opinion instead of watching film. Just about everyone on this thread can tell you that team after team tried their best to duplicate their version of the 3-3-5. I know you heard Sark say teams showed looks they never showed on film. That is why. You would know that with a simple rewatch.

I’m just not sure why you credit that to Quinn rather than Sark and the WRs. Or some combination of the 3. To say the 335 is specifically about stopping Quinn isn’t accurate. Quinn throws the ball but teams play 335 because we like the deep pass and have the athletes to beat them in man coverage.

Another part of this is our inability to score in the red zone. Defenses take the approach of giving up more ground game, because we can’t score in a compact field. That’s likely because we have a QB who still struggles with accuracy and progression.

Quinn has been way better this year. Texas has elite WRs and TEs with a damn good offensive line (especially in pass pro, despite everyone pretending otherwise). It’s ok that Quinn needs to keep getting better and isn’t a finished product. He has great tools and uses them. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m just not sure why you credit that to Quinn rather than Sark and the WRs. Or some combination of the 3. To say the 335 is specifically about stopping Quinn isn’t accurate. Quinn throws the ball but teams play 335 because we like the deep pass and have the athletes to beat them in man coverage.

Another part of this is our inability to score in the red zone. Defenses take the approach of giving up more ground game, because we can’t score in a compact field. That’s likely because we have a QB who still struggles with accuracy and progression.

Quinn has been way better this year. Texas has elite WRs and TEs with a damn good offensive line (especially in pass pro, despite everyone pretending otherwise). It’s ok that Quinn needs to keep getting better and isn’t a finished product. He has great tools and uses them. 

They didn't come out in that when Murph was QB. That's why he had so many 1v1 matchups in his starts. So two different QBs saw two different approaches even though they have the same OC and receivers.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

They didn't come out in that when Murph was QB. That's why he had so many 1v1 matchups in his starts. So two different QBs saw two different approaches even though they have the same OC and receivers.

It's probably some of what you suggest, but it's also reasonable to think they didn't expect Sark to be as aggressive with Maalik as he was with Quinn, and lean more on the run game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's probably some of what you suggest, but it's also reasonable to think they didn't expect Sark to be as aggressive with Maalik as he was with Quinn, and lean more on the run game.

Yeah, conventional wisdom says a new and inexperienced qb will have a run heavy game plan. Of course the defense would come out planning on shutting down the run. The initial game script was great for MM because he was comfortable doing what was asked.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

13 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah, conventional wisdom says a new and inexperienced qb will have a run heavy game plan. Of course the defense would come out planning on shutting down the run. The initial game script was great for MM because he was comfortable doing what was asked.

Point is teams don't default to that defense just simply because we have receivers and an aggressive OC. They ask us to prove we can complete them and when we prove we can then they will back off. Quinn has gotten that respect week after week without having to prove it, because teams know if you single up vs him he WILL hit the receivers and you will have a long night. When teams who do not play the 3-3-5 change their entire scheme for an opponent that is a sign of ultimate respect.

15 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I think there’s a bit of misunderstanding about sark’s offense. If you look back at history of Sark as an OC and HC he always makes the rb’s look really good but not all the qb’s he’s had put up impressive numbers. He’s had a 1k yard rusher every year he’s been a head coach. Jake locker, Keith Price, Casey Thompson and Hudson card did not set the world on fire. Bishop sankey, Chris Polk, javorius Allen, and now Jonathan brooks put up great numbers because sark’s offense attacks the run. That history still has people running that 3-3-5 against Quinn, even with all the guys on here saying he’s inaccurate, he can’t read defenses, his pocket presence is awful, etc. If defenses decided to give Quinn the looks that Maalik got he would put up “video game” numbers and win a heisman. Shit if we had a wr like Burton, Luther from Missouri, that kid from Florida state, Harrison jr or nabers then Quinn would have better numbers. Mitchell is good but he’s soft, worthy is not a 50/50 guy, and Whittington isn’t blowing the top off a defense. All our so called threats are dangerous as long as our qb gets the ball in a good spot, if not then they kind of disappear. Those other guys I watch go make play for their qb routinely. McCord is a shitty qb but Harrison bails his ass out A LOT. I have no idea who the Missouri qb is lol. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

almost nothing in this post addresses any of the criticisms i’ve made about quinn. his pocket presence, his footwork, and his accuracy are all well below where they should be at this point in his career, and have been issues for QE from day 1.  he has improved as a QB, but he still has a ton of room for improvement, and is visually, empirically, and statistically inferior to the top QBs in the country. leagues away from these guys, really. the idea that it’s simply our system which has those guys performing better is blind homerism BS. you’re basically insinuating that we could switch out QE for any of the top QBs and all teams would still perform exactly as they have, which is a ridiculous notion. QE has lots of work to do before he is in the level of the likes of daniels, williams, nix, penix, etc.

i have fought back on the idea that QE is one of the best QBs in the country, that he’s a Longhorn legend (absolutely insane proclamation), and that he’s a lock to make it in the NFL. that’s what i’ve said about quinn. if you disagree with that, feel free to address it. otherwise most of what you said is just QE fluff that has nothing to do with any of my criticisms of him as our QB.

It is really a good thing you aren't an NFL GM. You would've said the same thing about Mahomes and passed on him in the draft. These dudes are baseball players man. Their feet, arm angles, and platforms are all over the place. It's how they play. For every throw you sit and judge QE throws something other guys just can't or don't do. You pass it up though because you have been hating on him since he got here and just refuse to take a loss. However. Let's take a look shall we?

Defenders are taught to read body positioning to determine where the ball is going. So sometimes your body positioning and arm angles can fool defenders and give your guy an advantage or you a throwing window that might not have been there.

1) 8:02 Baxter goes in motion. Quinn turns toward Baxter but throws across his body to Whitt. The free DB takes a couple steps towards Baxter then has to turn and find Whitt allowing him to get 8 yards before contact. It completely froze the defender.

2)8:55  Ewers feet are pointed right where the blitzing defender jumps but he drops his arm angle and throws around him to Worthy. If Worthy didn't run a lazy, rounded-off route its an easy catch. Ewers created that throwing window. You likely didn't notice.

3)26:30 Quick little flick AROUND the head of the blitzer to Whitt that goes for 14 yards. Watch the replay. Body position is pointed right. Defense drifts that way despite all the O-line flowing left. At the last second he sidearms the ball around the head of the free blitzer and the defense is caught on its heels. If you square your body around here the defense will respond to it.

4)35:22 Defender comes free and jumps to block where he thinks the pass is going based on where Quinn's body is pointing. QE sidearms a ball around him to Sanders and picks up 5 yards.

These are just a few examples of the little nuances that QE brings to the table that most people gloss over and other QBs don't do. Despite what you think they matter. He has throws like that every game. He throws a nice soft catchable ball. Instead of rocketing balls in there that get dropped. He is accurate. No place on the field is safe from him. Does he miss throws? All the time, but so does every other QB out there.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Ok, but both QBs performed well given Sark's game plan and our personnel when teams game planned to stop the run. No one would mistake MM for a good college QB at this point in his career. So it may simply be that even bad QBs can get a lot out of Sark's offense if opponents try and cheat on the run game. If so, and that appears to be the evidence right now, then this doesn't appear to be a solid foundation for an argument that Quinn is a really good QB. Overall this year I'd say his performance is satisfactory with some moments of greatness. But he has also had a lot of moments that indicate he has some ways to go before he is in the upper echelon of college QBs. The potential is definitely there.  I'd love for him to reach it this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Ok, but both QBs performed well given Sark's game plan and our personnel when teams game planned to stop the run. No one would mistake MM for a good college QB at this point in his career. So it may simply be that even bad QBs can get a lot out of Sark's offense if opponents try and cheat on the run game. If so, and that appears to be the evidence right now, then this doesn't appear to be a solid foundation for an argument that Quinn is a really good QB. Overall this year I'd say his performance is satisfactory with some moments of greatness. But he has also had a lot of moments that indicate he has some ways to go before he is in the upper echelon of college QBs. The potential is definitely there.  I'd love for him to reach it this season. 

MM performed well because he saw 1v1 coverage to start his games and then once the defense dropped their safeties back he folded like a lawn chair. Both times. Quinn sees that defense that MM folded under every week and still delivers.

43 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Point is teams don't default to that defense just simply because we have receivers and an aggressive OC. They ask us to prove we can complete them and when we prove we can then they will back off. Quinn has gotten that respect week after week without having to prove it, because teams know if you single up vs him he WILL hit the receivers and you will have a long night. When teams who do not play the 3-3-5 change their entire scheme for an opponent that is a sign of ultimate respect.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing, they are definitely respecting Quinn's passing game.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

No shit. MM isn’t the same QB. Saying Quinn can more effectively beat a defense than MM doesn’t change the point. I literally said in my post that’s it’s a combination. You seem to think it’s all Quinn and that’s just not accurate. He’s been really good, he has great tools. Those statements aren’t mutually exclusive.

48 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I think there’s a bit of misunderstanding about sark’s offense. If you look back at history of Sark as an OC and HC he always makes the rb’s look really good but not all the qb’s he’s had put up impressive numbers. He’s had a 1k yard rusher every year he’s been a head coach. Jake locker, Keith Price, Casey Thompson and Hudson card did not set the world on fire. Bishop sankey, Chris Polk, javorius Allen, and now Jonathan brooks put up great numbers because sark’s offense attacks the run. That history still has people running that 3-3-5 against Quinn, even with all the guys on here saying he’s inaccurate, he can’t read defenses, his pocket presence is awful, etc. If defenses decided to give Quinn the looks that Maalik got he would put up “video game” numbers and win a heisman. Shit if we had a wr like Burton, Luther from Missouri, that kid from Florida state, Harrison jr or nabers then Quinn would have better numbers. Mitchell is good but he’s soft, worthy is not a 50/50 guy, and Whittington isn’t blowing the top off a defense. All our so called threats are dangerous as long as our qb gets the ball in a good spot, if not then they kind of disappear. Those other guys I watch go make play for their qb routinely. McCord is a shitty qb but Harrison bails his ass out A LOT. I have no idea who the Missouri qb is lol. 

All those other QBs have one guy. Quinn has 3 AA caliber options and another all conference caliber. I dunno why y’all seem to think it’s impossible for both things (Quinn is good, his weapons make him better) to be true

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno why y’all seem to think it’s impossible for both things (Quinn is good, his weapons make him better) to be true

Who is arguing with that (besides Derka, at least to some degree)?  I think Quinn is a good college QB, growing into a potentially great college QB.  His surrounding cast helps.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

MM performed well because he saw 1v1 coverage to start his games and then once the defense dropped their safeties back he folded like a lawn chair. Both times. Quinn sees that defense that MM folded under every week and still delivers.

Quinn is definitely better than MM. I'm just saying that is not a particularly high bar. In fact, it's low enough that I think it may take some very good limbo'ers to get under it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who is arguing with that (besides Derka, at least to some degree)?  I think Quinn is a good college QB, growing into a potentially great college QB.  His surrounding cast helps.

The post I quoted is. It literally refers to our WRs and TE as “so called threats”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It is really a good thing you aren't an NFL GM. You would've said the same thing about Mahomes and passed on him in the draft. These dudes are baseball players man. Their feet, arm angles, and platforms are all over the place. It's how they play. For every throw you sit and judge QE throws something other guys just can't or don't do. You pass it up though because you have been hating on him since he got here and just refuse to take a loss. However. Let's take a look shall we?

Defenders are taught to read body positioning to determine where the ball is going. So sometimes your body positioning and arm angles can fool defenders and give your guy an advantage or you a throwing window that might not have been there.

1) 8:02 Baxter goes in motion. Quinn turns toward Baxter but throws across his body to Whitt. The free DB takes a couple steps towards Baxter then has to turn and find Whitt allowing him to get 8 yards before contact. It completely froze the defender.

2)8:55  Ewers feet are pointed right where the blitzing defender jumps but he drops his arm angle and throws around him to Worthy. If Worthy didn't run a lazy, rounded-off route its an easy catch. Ewers created that throwing window. You likely didn't notice.

3)26:30 Quick little flick AROUND the head of the blitzer to Whitt that goes for 14 yards. Watch the replay. Body position is pointed right. Defense drifts that way despite all the O-line flowing left. At the last second he sidearms the ball around the head of the free blitzer and the defense is caught on its heels. If you square your body around here the defense will respond to it.

4)35:22 Defender comes free and jumps to block where he thinks the pass is going based on where Quinn's body is pointing. QE sidearms a ball around him to Sanders and picks up 5 yards.

These are just a few examples of the little nuances that QE brings to the table that most people gloss over and other QBs don't do. Despite what you think they matter. He has throws like that every game. He throws a nice soft catchable ball. Instead of rocketing balls in there that get dropped. He is accurate. No place on the field is safe from him. Does he miss throws? All the time, but so does every other QB out there.

Interestingly enough, when I watch QE, I see a little bit of CJ Stroud...  Catchable ball. Moves the defense with body/legs/eyes. Easy 'flick' to an open receiver.

QE is going to be a good pro if he's not playing for one of the antiquated play callers (that will keep getting jobs like B.O'B.)

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

All those other QBs have one guy. Quinn has 3 AA caliber options and another all conference caliber. I dunno why y’all seem to think it’s impossible for both things (Quinn is good, his weapons make him better) to be true

LSU and FSU #2 WRs will be drafted in the first 3 rounds also

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Johnny-Wilson-WR-ArizonaState

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Brian-ThomasJr-WR-LSU

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

X and JT are both first 2 round guys. AD is a mid round pick, Whittington will probably get drafted and make a team. Very few teams have that much.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

LOLOLOL. any team that has faced Texas the last two years and was determined to let us run the ball with our literally-best-in-nation RBs and to not let quinn ewers beat them deserves to have their entire coaching staff permanently banned from ever cocking again. this is insane QE homerism. insane. bijan and brooks and baxter run well because of QE’s mere presence? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a6aybka5w8hd6dmc44

unbelievably delusional. 

To be fair,  teams dared Quinn to beat them last year. This year it is quite the opposite 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

X and JT are both first 2 round guys. AD is a mid round pick, Whittington will probably get drafted and make a team. Very few teams have that much.

I am not sure on JT.. he know the IT guys said they were hearing 3-4th round from their sources 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who is arguing with that (besides Derka, at least to some degree)?

come again? i’m the one who led the charge on pointing out all of the talent around him, and that was after i had repeatedly posted that QE has been much better this year than last year, and that’s he’s a good QB. you guys’ version of what i say somehow always gets from the words that written right there on your screen. 

52 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It is really a good thing you aren't an NFL GM. You would've said the same thing about Mahomes and passed on him in the draft.

i’m a chiefs who was ecstatic when we drafted mahomes, and who spent time on these very boards telling the naysayers that he was a great pick. but great call. 👌🏻 

btw i love how many times i’ve heard comparisons of quinn to mahomes. i guess anyone who routinely throws off his back foot with a goofy arm angle = pat mahomes.

Edited by shadow_operative

23 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Interestingly enough, when I watch QE, I see a little bit of CJ Stroud...  Catchable ball. Moves the defense with body/legs/eyes. Easy 'flick' to an open receiver.

QE is going to be a good pro if he's not playing for one of the antiquated play callers (that will keep getting jobs like B.O'B.)

he’s pat mahomes, he’s cj stroud, he’s a longhorn legend, he’s a heisman candidate. the worshipping of a guy who’s done nothing of import at Texas is wild. 

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s possible. He’s still an AA level college player.

the QE stans love to downplay the talent around him. Quinn benefits from the best RB room in the country, one of the best WR rooms in the country, the second best TE in the country, and a really good o line. that’s not to mention a QB genius as his HC/OC/QBs coach.  but yeah, according to this thread those guys only do well because every defense is scared shitless of quinn ewers.

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the QE stans love to downplay the talent around him. Quinn benefits from the best RB room in the country, one of the best WR rooms in the country, the second best TE in the country, and a really good o line. that’s not to mention a QB genius as his HC/OC/QBs coach.  but yeah, according to this thread those guys only do well because every defense is scared shitless of quinn ewers.

Calling Baxter, Blue, and Red the best RB room in the country is just unbelievable. That is next level BS 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Peter Gardere wasnt Dan Marino but he's a Longhorn legend. He beat OU 4 times.

James Brown was QB for the worst Longhorn team of my lifetim. He beat OU as a freshman and beat Nebraska on 4th and 1. He's a Longhorn legend.

Quinn beat OU 49-0 as a freshman and Alabama by 2 scores in their house. This year he came back early and played hurt to save our Big 12 championship season. We dont win the TCU game with Maalik at QB. 

He's a legend in my book. Just because you post 20 times on every page doesnt make you the arbiter of who is and is not a legend. 

Edited by cmontexas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

another thing that people don’t want to admit is that quinn has a ton of teammates who have developed and gotten better at a much faster rate than he has. sark and co. have done a tremendous job of developing talent. if you come here, you get better, year over year. just like earlier when i pointed out that QE is arguably not one of the 10 best players on this team (his ceiling is probably no.9), but he’s also not one of the more quickly developing players either.

look at how many guys from sark’s first team have developed into monsters who will be named to all conference and all america teams. we bring in 4 and 5* talent and we develop them into beasts. and then you have Quinn, the highest rated of them all, with the QB whisperer as his coach, and while he is no doubt improving, he still is an inconsistent player who makes the same mistakes/has the same issues as he’s always had, namely with footwork, pocket presence, and accuracy. i can’t count the number of teammates QE has who’ve lapped him in terms of growth. 

all of this is to say that we have one player on this team who in reality is not one of the team’s top players in terms of on field play as well as development and growth, and yet this thread and this fam base want to call him a legend, talk about the heisman, predict future nfl success, and claim that he’s just as good all those other QBs out there who are out performing both statistically and on tape. this QB hero worship at Texas is a tradition that for whatever reason our fan base loves to practice. i’m glad we have QE; he’s a good qb; but y’all make him out to be football jesus, and that’s wild.

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Calling Baxter, Blue, and Red the best RB room in the country is just unbelievable. That is next level BS 

get the fuck out of here with this BS. so john brooks just never played this year? our RB room when healthy isn’t the best in the nation? quinn didn’t benefit from having this RB room all year? fuck off.

it’s insane how our own fans will throw some of our best players under the bus if they think it makes QE look good. the absolute gall for you to accuse someone else of next level BS. wow. hero worship bullshit.

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

come again? i’m the one who led the charge on pointing out all of the talent around him, and that was after i had repeatedly posted that QE has been much better this year than last year, and that’s he’s a good QB. you guys’ version of what i say somehow always gets from the words that written right there on your screen. 

WTF does "to some degree" mean to you?  Damn, son. 

Is this a fair characterization of your perspective?  "QE is an average QB who is made to look better by the talent around him."

Did I get it close? 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

get the fuck out of here with this BS. so john brooks just never played this year? our RB room when healthy isn’t the best in the nation? quinn didn’t benefit from having this RB room all year? fuck off.

it’s insane how our own fans will throw some of our best players under the bus if they think it makes QE look good. the absolute gall for you to accuse someone else of next level BS. wow. hero worship bullshit.

This is stupid. Assuming everyone if healthy, Texas would have the 3rd- 4th best RB room in the Big 10. You need to go watch some football. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, troph said:

I think the ceiling for most was 2 losses, so 10-2. There were not very many 11-1 or 12-0 predictions if I recall. there were many 10-2/9-3 prognostications. I was in the 9-3/10-2 camp.  12-0 and 6-5 were equally outliers. 10-2 is top 10.  but you're correct about the rest of it.

I had 11-1 as most probable outcome and 12-0 more likely than 9-3 or worse. 
anyone saying 10-2 was ceiling is undervaluing how good we were. 
everyone had texas at 10-2 on IT for example and the answer was- we will screw up a game and lose one we shouldn’t. That’s not ceiling of 10-2 that’s low expectations based upon the fact we’ve disappointed for over a decade. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the fourth best RB room in the big 10? and i’m the one who’s trolling? lol ok. 

I said 3rd or 4th.. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Michigan is easily the best RB room in the country. I would definitely take PSU over Texas. People can argue that over Texas and OSU

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and yet this thread and this fam base want to call him a legend, talk about the heisman, predict future nfl success, and claim that he’s just as good all those other QBs out there who are out performing both statistically and on tape. this QB hero worship at Texas is a tradition that for whatever reason our fan base loves to practice. i’m glad we have QE; he’s a good qb; but y’all make him out to be football jesus, and that’s wild.

I know this is gonna be hard for you to digest, but just because one or two posters say something doesn't mean the majority of us agree with it.  Now commence with your typical parsing of verbiage and go off half-cocked, again, for another night of fun on surly.

Here's one example:  I don't consider him a legend, and I don't consider him a Heisman candidate, now or in the future.  I can't predict NFL success.  I suspect he will get drafted pretty high, though.

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I said 3rd or 4th.. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Michigan is easily the best RB room in the country. 

Well texas has more rushing yards as a squad,  texas top rusher w more yards, and a a squad 4.9yd avg vs 4.4.   But sure michigan is clearly without question a better rb room

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

This is the stupidest thing i’ve read on surley in november.  It’s been a long month and I’ve read a lot.  

That’s makes 2 people that don’t watch anything, but Texas football.. 

1 minute ago, TheAuditor said:

Well texas has more rushing yards as a squad,  texas top rusher w more yards, and a a squad 4.9yd avg vs 4.4.   But sure michigan is clearly without question a better rb room

It’s room. Would be nice if Brooks went down and then Nick Singelton or Donovan Edward’s came in.. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I said 3rd or 4th.. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Michigan is easily the best RB room in the country. 

lol helllllll no. are you serious right now? where are you getting your intro from, summer projections as to who had the best RB rooms in the country? and i need to watch football?! the fuck?

blake corum: 12 games played, 202 carries, 976 yards, 22 TDs, 4.8 ypc

jonathan brooks: 10 games, 187 carries, 1,139 yards, 10 TDs 6.1 ypc 

michigan’s next top back is averaging 3.4 yards per carry on 105 attempts, and that’s with a better QB and passing game than we have helping them out. and that’s the best RB took in the country by far? again, you’ve got a lot of gall with the shit you talk to other people to be giving patently stupid takes like this one. wow.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Assuming everyone if healthy, Texas would have the 3rd- 4th best RB room in the Big 10. You need to go watch some football. 

Doak Walker only has 1 Big 10 RB listed. I guess that don’t get the Big 10 network 

Jonathon Brooks, Texas: The nation's eighth-leading rusher has 1,139 yards on only 187 carries, a 6.1
average per carry in just 10 games. Although sidelined now for the season by injury, Brooks has scored 10
rushing touchdowns and is fourth in the nation in total yards from scrimmage (142.5 per game).

Tahj Brooks, Texas Tech: Brooks is the nation's third-leading rusher with 1,348 yards on 249 carries and
has surpassed the 100-yard mark in eight of his last nine games to go with nine rushing touchdowns on
the season.

Marcus Carroll, Georgia State: The leading rusher in the Sun Belt Conference with 1,293 yards on 259
carries. He has scored 13 touchdowns on the ground and has seven 100-yard games; four of those have
been for 150 or more yards, including a 208-yard performance vs. Georgia Southern.

Blake Corum, Michigan: The lone returning semifinalist leads the nation with 20 rushing touchdowns
for the unbeaten Wolverines. He has seven multi-score games, including the last three and has 888 yards
rushing on the season.

Ollie Gordon II, Oklahoma State: A three-time Doak Walker National Running Back of the Week this
season, Gordon is tied for the national lead with 1,414 rushing yards to go with 15 touchdowns. Gordon
has run up his numbers despite only having 19 carries in the season's first three games. Over the last eight
games, he has 1,305 rushing yards and over 100 yards in all but one outing.

Omarion Hampton, North Carolina: Tied as the nation's leading rusher with 1,414 yards and 15
touchdowns, he's reeled off six straight 100-yard games and seven on the season. Hampton was the Doak
Walker National Running Back of the Week for his Sept. 9 performance vs. App State (26 carries, 234
yards and three touchdowns).

R.J. Harvey, UCF: With a string of five straight 100-yard games, Harvey has 1,160 yards rushing on 190
totes. With 8 rushing touchdowns in his last three games, he has 14 on the season.

Damien Martinez, Oregon State: After opening the season with three straight 100-yard games, Martinez
is riding a current three game streak of 100-yard games and is the Pac-12's second-leading rusher with
1,147 yards on 181 carries. He has scored six touchdowns in his last two games.

Cody Schrader, Missouri: The SEC's leading rusher by more than 20 yards per game has 1,272 yards on
220 carries after earning the Doak Walker National Running Back of the Week honor a week ago. He has
12 rushing touchdowns and has scored in eight straight games.

Kimani Vidal, Troy: With 1,280 rushing yards in 238 carries, Vidal is the second-leading rusher in the Sun Belt
Conference. He has two games of 245-plus yards rushing and has scored eight touchdowns.

• Hook 'Em 2