Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Granted Maalik looked lost after halftime, but he wasn't as bad as some of you guys are making him out to be.  

The first pick should have been PI, but no call.  Then we had a punt blocked that led to a KSU TD.  Then Maalik made a HORRIBLE throw for an INT...another TD for KSU.  But then Brooks fumbled leading to another TD for KSU.  

So yeah, he wasn't perfect, but he put up 27 in the first half...and could have been more had we kicked a couple of easy FGs instead of going for it on 4th twice.

It was his second game, against t ranked team, and we won. 

He was fucking for awful dogshit. 
be happy with the win. It was a ducking disgraceful and embarrassing performance from him. Full on clown show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RichUT said:

He was 7-11 for 170 yards in the first quarter, which was presumably scripted for the most part.

Over the next 3 quarters plus OT he went 12 for 26 for 78 yards. 

Exactly.  I take that as meaning he has the tools, he just needs to learn to adjust in game.  He was a known project coming out of HS, but some of you act like he should be Ben Roethlisberger in his 2nd game.

Were none of you around for the parade of horrible QB play between Sam and Quinn?

I think Maalik has a higher ceiling than Ewers, but a much lower floor.  He needs time to develop and will be a good player somewhere else.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hmbre97 said:

You're completely glossing over the 3-4 throws he made directly to their defense that should have been picks

Shoulda coulda...we dropped some easy INTs too.  

No one is saying he plays at the level of Quinn yet.  At least I'm not saying that.  I just think he is currently serviceable and better than anyone we had between Sam and Quinn.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Exactly.  I take that as meaning he has the tools, he just needs to learn to adjust in game.  He was a known project coming out of HS, but some of you act like he should be Ben Roethlisberger in his 2nd game.

Were none of you around for the parade of horrible QB play between Sam and Quinn?

I think Maalik has a higher ceiling than Ewers, but a much lower floor.  He needs time to develop and will be a good player somewhere else.  

They steaming pile of shit from MM from about 11:35 am until close was way worse than any shit show from a UT QB that isn’t a drooling idiot. 
stop polishing the turd. It was awful. Seriously. That was a 30 point game with case McCoy at QB or some other scrub.  Swoops is the only Ut QB in all our shit years to put up a performance that awful. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I did say Natties and my point is still 100% right you dumb bitch

Base offenses in highschool can be similar without the intricacies, so 100% is generous. Also, he was an EE so who gives a fuck.He’s been learning this “wildly different” offense as well. Also natties negates any point. 

Edited by Hank_Hill

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They steaming pile of shit from MM from about 11:35 am until close was way worse than any shit show from a UT QB that isn’t a drooling idiot. 
stop polishing the turd. It was awful. Seriously. That was a 30 point game with case McCoy at QB or some other scrub.  Swoops is the only Ut QB in all our shit years to put up a performance that awful. 

Lol

5 minutes ago, Vermin said:

There no such thing as a development project with a QB that can't run. Sorry, but cya later. There's just so much risk for so little upside, pass.

I don't think it's that he can't run...I think he just won't run. 

Given our QB situation, I understand that we probably DON'T want him running and risking injury. 

But they way people make it sounds...it's like we're asking him to do anal and he's like "NOPE"

Edited by Ashylarry
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Base offenses in highschool can be similar without the intricacies, so 100% is generous. Also, he was an EE so who gives a fuck.He’s been learning this “wildly different” offense as well. Also natties negates any point. 

No they can’t and don’t, this is embarrassing for you

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Someone is suffering the recency effect

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Happy as fuck on the wins, but Texas had to overcome MM today to win. I’ll take it until our actual QB is ready.

2 of KSU's TD's off turnovers weren't on MM and we passed up two FGs.  He may be an easy target but he wasn't the only reason we almost lost.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Someone is suffering the recency effect

The recently drunk effect, goddamn.

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There's no defending MM today. Not only was he turning the ball over he was missing wide open WRs. 

Any competent QB and this was a 20+ point win. 

There is plenty of defending, and we were up 20

13 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Shoulda coulda...we dropped some easy INTs too.  

No one is saying he plays at the level of Quinn yet.  At least I'm not saying that.  I just think he is currently serviceable and better than anyone we had between Sam and Quinn.

Whether a defender catches a ball or not is irrelevant to judging the quality of the throw. Right now I am not sure where Maalik is as an option. Today he was not serviceable for a large part of the game. We didn’t see any improvement from game 1 to game 2. I don’t think Texas wins out unless Maalik drastically improves or Quinn comes back. Sark and MM have a lot of work to do this week in practice

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wish Sark would stop telling Murphy to throw it in to the chest of a defender every 5 or 6 passes.  Sometimes a db reads the play and goes for the ball.  Sometimes the qb just doesn’t see a guy floating in zone coverage.  And sometimes the qb throws it to a defender who  is 5 yards from the nearest receiver.

Edited by kevwun

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Remember QEs' second start? I remember. Pretty good until he got hurt.

Ewers was the highest rated QB recruit since VY, so I'd hope so.

MM is and has always been a project.  There's a reason he's the back-up, and until Ewers comes back he's our best shot at winning.

4 minutes ago, Ashylarry said:

Look look...we can all agree he's better than Case McCoy...and I'd say BARELY. 

Case is my benchmark, we trotted his noodle ass arm out on the field. Right now MM looks better than Case..which imo is probably one of the worse QBs we put on the field. 

Case best OU aggy and played really well in those games. Malik dreams of a performance as good as that (and case sucked). 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Whether a defender catches a ball or not is irrelevant to judging the quality of the throw. Right now I am not sure where Maalik is as an option. Today he was not serviceable for a large part of the game. We didn’t see any improvement from game 1 to game 2. I don’t think Texas wins out unless Maalik drastically improves or Quinn comes back. Sark and MM have a lot of work to do this week in practice

Maalik shouln't even be in the conversation at this point. Either Quinn comes back, or Sark gets Manning started on his rise to fame and fortune. Anything less is a bit of a slap in the face to Manning. There is NO as in ZERO reasons not to give him his shot. Ewers could well come back next week and then get injured again the week after. The time to prepare for a NATTY is now, this fucking week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

Ewers was the highest rated QB recruit since VY, so I'd hope so.

MM is and has always been a project.  There's a reason he's the back-up, and until Ewers comes back he's our best shot at winning.

He’s not. Unless arch is abysmal. If he’s our best shot arch is dogshit and we are in lots of trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Remember QEs' second start? I remember. Pretty good until he got hurt.

Yea, but remember his 5th start?  Or 7th.  I think the question is how much of Murphy's bad play can be helped by all the reps and experience he's getting and how much are a processing issue.  The first INT wasn't really a bad play, the WR fell down.  But the 2nd INT is as terrible as it gets.  He also had 2 throws which should have been picked.  With a big lead, he needs to take care of the ball better and Sark needs to stop being a dumbass by not taking points at times, especially with a big lead and a backup QB.

Ugly win.... but better than a pretty loss.  Murphy looked good in spots but lousy in others.  I don't understand why he doesn't run or at least move in the pocket?  Is he fucking Dan McGwire?  He also throws off his back foot too often.  Again, reps and experience help this?  To what degree?  

• Like 1

Murphy’s performance was pretty bad. He mixed in a few good throws, especially downfield, so that’s something to be optimistic about. 

But he almost had 4 Int’s, and they were all very bad throws. He also had several other terrible passes.

He is a developmental QB and it’s not clear yet whether he can turn the corner. Of Sark gets him serviceable this year it will be a miracle. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers