Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

The ball doesn't appear to deflect off the defender to me, but either way its a contested ball that bounced off of Worthy's chest. 1st round caliber WRs make that catch more often than not. This is one of the knocks on Worthy that I believe will keep him from being a first round pick - his inability to win on contested catches.

Agreed on this. We just don’t see him come down with the contested catches typically seen from 1st rounders. His strength is clearly RAC and taking the top off defenses so long as the throw is there.

17 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

The ball had already hit Worthy’s chest and bounced by the time the first picture was taken. You can see the ball. If he would learn to catch with his hands, he has a better chance of catching that. No one is going to consider that a drop though. I feel like he should have caught it.

These are shitty screenshots but the defender's arm was already in there...second pic shows the ball glancing off his arm, and he rakes down, making it even more difficult to make a catch.  Anyway, this is all off-topic, egged on by the dude who interjects with Worthy hate every chance he has.

image.thumb.png.7875c15068ae971c99df7c2aeaa3e043.png

image.thumb.png.13fa7df6e39022579c771d25e7ccce49.png

Edited by OU Sucks

9 minutes ago, Candi Fisther said:

Agreed on this. We just don’t see him come down with the contested catches typically seen from 1st rounders. His strength is clearly RAC and taking the top off defenses so long as the throw is there.

Right.  Because that's not his skill set and never will be.  The fact that he's a complete mismatch that defenses have to account for every single play is what will end up getting him picked in the late first round.  But I have zero doubt if Sark had his pick of any WR in CFB to have on his roster there aren't 5 players he would select before X.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

The INT was busted from the snap (he wasn't expecting). He should have taken the sack. 

I'm ok with it for a RSFR 1st start win. He drove the bus well enough to get home. 

Also looked like Worthy never ran a route.  Not excusing the terrible idea to throw the ball, but I think he expected Worthy to be out there in the flat.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

The ball had already hit Worthy’s chest and bounced by the time the first picture was taken. You can see the ball. If he would learn to catch with his hands, he has a better chance of catching that. No one is going to consider that a drop though. I feel like he should have caught it.

This is the correct answer. The defender has no chance if he high points it.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This is the correct answer. The defender has no chance if he high points it.

So we have 3 pictures of the arm between the chest and the ball. 0 with pictures of the ball hitting the chest. We are now to the point the bll hit his chest, bounced at 90 degree angle, did a turn around the arm, and went straight down.  I am starting the think this ball is the football equivalent of the bullet that killed Kennedy. 

The point about high pointing the ball is correct. He would have given himself a much better chance to catch the ball, if he high points it. 

Edited by Codaxx

Just now, Codaxx said:

So we have 3 pictures of the arm between the chest and the ball. 0 with pictures of the ball hitting the chest. We are now to the point the bll hit his chest, bounced at 90% angle, did a turn around the arm, and went straight down.  I am starting the think this ball is the football equivalent of the bullet that killed Kennedy. 

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

These are shitty screenshots but the defender's arm was already in there...second pic shows the ball glancing off his arm, and he rakes down, making it even more difficult to make a catch.  Anyway, this is all off-topic, egged on by the dude who interjects with Worthy hate every chance he has.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12? Twitter Can't See The Difference

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

So we have 3 pictures of the arm between the chest and the ball. 0 with pictures of the ball hitting the chest. 

image.thumb.png.e8c54bd754c4d857144e7cd8714c8965.png
Here is frame before it hits Worthys chest. Ball is above defenders fingertips, defenders arm is not between chest and the ball.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, hook me said:

The ball went right through his fucking hands and hit his chest. You can show all the angles you want of the DBs hand being by his chest but if he catches it with his hands like AD typically does then it's a TD. If MM throws it sooner then X doesn't have to slow down & the DB doesn't have time to catch up and it's a TD. Great route & separation with shit to show for it because apparently he though he was catching a beach ball instead of a football. Great throw but it was late and allowed for the attempted catch to be contested. Also, could have been called offensive PI.

X didn't have the greatest of days as a WR, MM didn't have a great day (but certainly passable for his first start), goal line offense had a miserable game, & we still won by 29. Clean it up, even just a little bit, & KSU won't be an issue. 

THIS IS IT

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, hook me said:

X didn't have the greatest of days as a WR, MM didn't have a great day (but certainly passable for his first start), goal line offense had a miserable game, & we still won by 29. Clean it up, even just a little bit, & KSU won't be an issue. 

Yes.  I think Kansas State is a significantly better team than BYU, but I feel good that Sark and his team know that and Maalik and the others will have a cleaner game this Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1

The most obvious thing from watching that video is if MM throws that to the back of the endzone it's a pretty easy TD catch. X had separation.   On the other hand, MM's  'touch' on the AD TD was a great throw and necessary as otherwise he would have thrown him out of bounds.   We are going to need to hit a couple of these this week. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, immamac said:

Except he’s not. It’s a fucking style of play. Some of you just don’t get it. 

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I honestly don't know if this is sarcasm or not because of the normal stupidity around here. 

Lol this is the dumbshittery I was referencing. He’s slow as fuck.

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Also looked like Worthy never ran a route.  Not excusing the terrible idea to throw the ball, but I think he expected Worthy to be out there in the flat.

Looks to me like one of the TEs was supposed to slip out.  Worthy looks like he is positioning to wall off the safety and waiting to block.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Looks to me like one of the TEs was supposed to slip out.  Worthy looks like he is positioning to wall off the safety and waiting to block.

Sark said there was a  play side receiver did not go out on his route on the interception. 

• Hook 'Em 1

When I saw the Worthy play live, I thought the defender got a hand on it. I just went thru frame by frame and he didn’t. Weirdly, Worthy was late to grab at it. I think the defender being there with a hand up messed up his timing. It would have been a tough catch with a defender on him but ya he could have caught it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

When I saw the Worthy play live, I thought the defender got a hand on it. I just went thru frame by frame and he didn’t. Weirdly, Worthy was late to grab at it. I think the defender being there with a hand up messed up his timing. It would have been a tough catch with a defender on him but ya he could have caught it. 

How to catch a football. By Dez Bryant

catch-dez-bryant.gif

How to catch like Worthy. By Dez Bryant

dez-bryant-butter-fingers.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

How to catch a football. By Dez Bryant

catch-dez-bryant.gif

How to catch like Worthy. By Dez Bryant

dez-bryant-butter-fingers.gif

Both of them netted 0 yards. I would have chosen a different Bryant catch. Lots of Cowboy fans in here are not going to be happy to watch that again. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers