Went to Cover 3 Sunday Brunch in Round Rock...

Armybrat

.... to celebrate our 51st Wedding Anniversary. The wife got the Bubbly Bar and Hatch green Chilies enchiladas with fried eggs. I ordered the Bloody Mary Bar and Eggs Commodore (with sausage). Excellent stuff, and the place was packed by the time we left at noon.

602_E1_ABF_BC53_47_A4_A4_B3_D903_D7_A91282.jpg
FBE29633_EB57_4860_ABD4_565227_B69_B98.jpg
4561434_C_5_AB1_4_E53_9_FCE_0_F4_F69_D755_A1.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, travelingtexan said:

Yea wait what, you took your wife, on an anniversary, to a sports bar?

Fudge is correct.

Cover 3 is more of a restaurant to us, and as I said, she doesn't like expensive steak houses.

Last year we had a big bash for 70 guests & family at a party room in that Maggiano's Italian joint - with an open bar. Then afterwards I took her to Vegas for a 4 night stay. We don't put on the foo-foo dog these days.

Edited by Armybrat

Cover 3 is pretty damn solid.  The ribeye tacos are legitimately great (though like $23 so they should be), and you could make an argument they have the best wings in Austin even though they only have a couple flavors.

They'll also close during a World Series game, because it's closing time...which makes them not a sports bar even though they market themselves as one.

Paul Martin's in the Domain yesterday afternoon lived down to expectations for the hip & trendy neighborhood. Very average food,  shitty service, and high prices.

Lots of talent walking around the area though (for you young guys).

Edited by Armybrat

Tell him Cover 3 is a popular spot with our Happy Hour group and also many of my extended family members.

And thanks for opening the Round Rock location. He should consider opening another up in the Cedar Park area north of the new Costco. Place is booming. Chuy's even opened a new restaurant there.

6 hours ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

I'm a big Cover 3 fan too.  One of my oldest and best friends is the owner, and he's an awesome dude.  I'll be hanging out on the beach in S. Padre w/ him starting tomorrow!

1st anniversary?   I keed, I keed.

I'm interested in this bloody mary.  To me it lookslike you put a shrimp cocktail and bacon in it?   

3 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

1st anniversary?   I keed, I keed.

I'm interested in this bloody mary.  To me it lookslike you put a shrimp cocktail and bacon in it?   

It’s a Bloody Mary bar. They give you a glass of vodka and ice, and you handle the rest buffet style.

17 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

It’s a Bloody Mary bar. They give you a glass of vodka and ice, and you handle the rest buffet style.

I acknowledge I'm in the minority here, but I think bloody mary bars are absurd. I'm paying extra to mix my own drink? Fuck that. Make my bloody mary and give me a plate of shrimp and bacon and cheddar cheese cubes.