2 small-dick dipshits get in road-rage gunfight, shoot each other's daughters

Gil Bang

https://weartv.com/news/local/sheriff-men-shoot-each-others-daughters-during-road-rage-incident-in-florida

NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. -- Two children were shot in a road rage incident on a Florida highway.

Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper said a 5-year-old girl was shot in the leg and a 14-year-old girl was shot in the back. Their injuries are reportedly not life-threatening.

“There could have been two dead kids because of two stupid grown men,” Leeper said at a news conference Monday.

William Hale, 35, of Douglas, Georgia, and Frank Allison, 43, of Callahan, Florida, have been charged with attempted murder.

The shooting happened around 6 p.m. Saturday on U.S. Route 1 near Jacksonville.

Deputies say the two men shot at each other from each of their vehicles during a road rage altercation.

Allison allegedly pulled a handgun and fired one shot, which went through the door and struck Hale’s 5-year-old daughter in the leg, according to the sheriff.

Hale then reportedly pulled out a handgun and fired several shots, striking the Nissan three times. One of the bullets hit the 14-year-old, who was in the rear of the Nissan.

Both men then stopped their vehicles and began arguing. A deputy broke up the fight and called fire rescue.

• Rage+1 2

The well regulated militia of Florida seems like it sucks.  

Also, somebody just tell the editors of American news outlets that it's no longer necessary to waste space writing "Florida" in stories like this.  From now on, we'll assume it.  If, on the rare occasion, this kinda thing happens elsewhere...publish the state name and we can have a fun little geography lesson to go with the horrific details.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wait, is the second shooter really at fault here? He’s got a guy firing at him. 

Kind of hard to argue you were scared for your life and your child's life when you later got out of the vehicle to argue with the other guy instead of getting away from him or, you know, seeking medical help for your 5 year old who had been shot. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Kind of hard to argue you were scared for your life and your child's life when you later got out of the vehicle to argue with the other guy instead of getting away from him or, you know, seeking medical help for your 5 year old who had been shot. 

I'd argue that he is committing a separate crime of child endangerment. But that the shooting itself is still in self defense. Obviously we need more information, but were I a juror I would start out somewhat incredulous of an attempted murder charge for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'd argue that he is committing a separate crime of child endangerment. But that the shooting itself is still in self defense. Obviously we need more information, but were I a juror I would start out somewhat incredulous of an attempted murder charge for him.

A self defense, uh, defense when using deadly force requires that you have a reasonable belief that it's necessary to protect yourself or another. Now while you and I may reasonably believe that in this situation, his actions clearly demonstrate that he didn't believe that. He chose to continue driving with the assailant, stop his vehicle, get out, and verbally argue with him. That shows he did not believe using deadly force was the only action available to him to protect his life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

A self defense, uh, defense when using deadly force requires that you have a reasonable belief that it's necessary to protect yourself or another. Now while you and I may reasonably believe that in this situation, his actions clearly demonstrate that he didn't believe that. He chose to continue driving with the assailant, stop his vehicle, get out, and verbally argue with him. That shows he did not believe using deadly force was the only action available to him to protect his life. 

I understand what you're saying. But I just can't make that assumption. I think if you're getting shot at, rational thought tends to take a back seat. I'm not saying I can't be convinced. Given the right facts, I could absolutely agree with you. But I'll need a lot more than what we have. 

Edited by Dahobbs

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I understand what you're saying. But I just can't make that assumption. I think if you're getting shot at, rational thought tends to take a back seat. I'm not saying I can't be convinced. Given the right facts, I could absolutely agree with you. But I'll need a lot more than what we have. 

Right but that means we agree it's a question for a jury. It's a perfectly reasonable initial charge in this situation. It would be completely unreasonable if he shot back immediately then drove in another direction and called 911. If that was the sequence of events and they charge him with attempted murder, I would agree it's a bad charge. 

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Right but that means we agree it's a question for a jury. It's a perfectly reasonable initial charge in this situation. It would be completely unreasonable if he shot back immediately then drove in another direction and called 911. If that was the sequence of events and they charge him with attempted murder, I would agree it's a bad charge. 

Oh, sure. I'm just saying, were I a juror, the government is going to start behind the 8 ball. 

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I didn’t read the whole article. Him stopping and arguing does paint him in a bad light too.  

There are several stories of people that feel emboldened enough in their 2 ton vehicle to escalate road conflicts and put their child in harm’s way. Gun or not. They wouldn’t dare do it on the sidewalk or in a public park. Something about a cage of steel and aluminum makes you write stupid checks that your actual self can’t cash.

Both these idiots should see the inside of a jail for a long time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Interesting that they were both willing to shoot at a car but when they debarked from the vehicles neither shot the other, and this is after the other had shot their daughters. 

Yeah, seems like that'd be the perfect time to finish the job.

Maybe they're stupid.