Matt Campbell is a little bitch-made pussy

ztejas

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

He's a clown. I always remember the extended tantrum (timestamped below) that he threw in the Big 12 title game against OU after a call from the refs that he thought should have resulted in a penalty and a first down.

After not getting the flag, they converted the 4th down anyway and he's yelling and pointing at the official for so long that even the commentators were saying he's way over the top and should have been flagged. Of course I was pulling for ISU in the game, but those antics from the HC were ridiculous.

Adam Sandler Energy GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

He's a clown. I always remember the extended tantrum (timestamped below) that he threw in the Big 12 title game against OU after a call from the refs that he thought should have resulted in a penalty and a first down.

After not getting the flag, they converted the 4th down anyway and he's yelling and pointing at the official for so long that even the commentators were saying he's way over the top and should have been flagged. Of course I was pulling for ISU in the game, but those antics from the HC were ridiculous.

What a fucking pussy.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:52 AM, Huckleberry said:

Also, reading through the rest of the thread and some online comments about the missed field goal, the biggest issue seems to be that people don't understand that the entire ball must pass between the uprights if kicked over them. Essentially you can think of a plane that's between the uprights and above the crossbar extending infinitely high. The entire ball must pass through that plane for a successful field goal. If you kick it below the top of the uprights sometimes it bounces off of them through that plane. If you kick it above the uprights there's no chance of that, part of the ball simply passes outside of that plane so it's no good.

If I were Omniscient Commissioner of All Football, one of my rule changes would be adding a crossbar at the top of the goal posts, so it makes a box, and a FG has to go through the box to be good.  Kick the ball over the goal posts, it's no good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If I were Omniscient Commissioner of All Football, one of my rule changes would be adding a crossbar at the top of the goal posts, so it makes a box, and a FG has to go through the box to be good.  Kick the ball over the goal posts, it's no good.

Kim Kardashian Jenner GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I wondered why they didn't do that back in the day when they were trying to make field goals more difficult by narrowing the goalposts. I think it would be awesome and the XFL or USFL or whatever leagues are around right now should figure out a way to do it obviously without permanently changing the posts at shared fields. 

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hell, make it like skeeball and give different points depending on which which hole it goes through. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

Damn near every kick would get blocked with kickers trying to keep the trajectory low enough to keep the ball below the top bar. 

Disagree.   Kickers would just have to learn to swing a 9-iron occasionally instead of a driver every time. 

Besides, blocked kicks are infinitely more exciting than successful field goals.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not even close to every kick would get blocked. Would more get blocked? Sure. I don't see why that's inherently a bad thing. 

Probably not, but it is still one of the dumbest ideas ever suggested to solve a problem that only exists because stupid fans don't understand how the shit works. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

Probably not, but it is still one of the dumbest ideas ever suggested to solve a problem that only exists because stupid fans don't understand how the shit works. 

It removes a certain amount of officials' judgment from a scoring play and makes every field goal reviewable (because some ref would figure out a way to still screw it up).

And you're apparently taking the suggestion way too seriously. It would be awesome to see in a secondary league for a while. But if you love field goals more than offensive plays I guess more power to you Mr. Erxleben.

• Drool 1

Have any of you ever stood under a goalpost while a field goal is getting kicked? It’s easy as fuck to see if the ball crosses inside the upright or not. 

I don’t usually use this word in a derogatory sense but a crossbar at the top of goalposts is maybe the most retarded football idea I’ve ever heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm perfectly fine with bewildered idiots remaining so.

the man who killed don quixote GIF

The top crossbar idea is truly dumb.  What they do need to make it more fun though is a swing arm shaped like the home team's mascot bouncing back and forth like a metronome between the cross bars so there is an occasional block by the mascot that can be recovered by either team.  Maybe the rock can test this in the XFL. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

The top crossbar idea is truly dumb.  What they do need to make it more fun though is a swing arm shaped like the home team's mascot bouncing back and forth like a metronome between the cross bars so there is an occasional block by the mascot that can be recovered by either team.  Maybe the rock can test this in the XFL. 

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

13 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Actually I’m ok with this.   It’s a tad over the top, but it would be nice for a few more coaches to go ape shit over the Rig 12 officiating.   It would cause the media to cover the issue and maybe they in turn would start asking the questions to the Rig 12 office about  what many of us have seen from gross incompetence to outright corruption.    

11 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I love Calvinball.

R.b8b79d4b2b4d88bdac9ef5d17da23c7d?rik=P4EndBMWRMDayA&riu=http%3a%2f%2f1.bp.blogspot.com%2f-kf8T8vJfp2g%2fU9-I4cwJ0bI%2fAAAAAAAAHc4%2fYtRx4DDyJnc%2fs1600%2fcalvinball1.gif&ehk=Q52BKlS3O87Nh0AUArmwQuO8stxtbzw%2b%2btX1b%2fxyCII%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0Screenshot2023-09-20220501.thumb.png.40ae553d809b8d02ce0629cc4b6675da.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2023 at 9:26 AM, smuggs said:

Or they could simply mount a laser device that shoots vertically off the top of each goal post. Ball breaks the plane = no good. 

There could be a row of blocks at the top, and a little paddle at the bottom, and the kicker has to move the paddle back and forth to keep the ball from hitting the ground as it bounces off of and destroys the blocks above. More blocks detroyed, more points.  

10 hours ago, Pods said:

Some of these suggestions are absurd...we need to stack up a bunch of empty milk crates, instead of a crossbar. If you knock over the crates, the field goal is good.

You get 4 points if you break all the milk bottles. 

2 point conversion involves a Mongoose bike and a ramp made out of plywood and cinder blocks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...