Homegrown shitholes. Spoiler Detroit #1

Robin Masters

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The list makers seem really scared of violence. Andrew Jackson must be spinning in his grave.

Yeah, it overvalues that, but it comes out about right anyway.

Wilmington is always a headscratcher.  All those fake bank HQs and they could never turn that into a decent place to work or live.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah, it overvalues that, but it comes out about right anyway.

Wilmington is always a headscratcher.  All those fake bank HQs and they could never turn that into a decent place to work or live.

I am surprised at how small the population is. Been through there many a time on surface streets, I thought it was at least triple what it is.

31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

el paso, san antonio, the whole entire rio grande valley, all of mississippi, all of alabama, yada, yada, yada.  the left a bunch of shitty ass places off that list.

Ok Trump. Just because a place has a lot of mexicans doesn't make it a shithole. El Paso & the valley don't have the level of crime needed to be true shitholes. San Antonio is a pretty damn nice place to raise a family if you're not a drug-dealer or gang member.

Also the valley has great food, a nice beach, and a pleasant unambitious vibe to it that makes it a relaxing place to be. Not the dire hopeless vibe you get in other places with a ton of poverty. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

el paso, san antonio, the whole entire rio grande valley, all of mississippi, all of alabama, yada, yada, yada.  the left a bunch of shitty ass places off that list.

Are you one of those insufferable people  that simultaneously think your city is the greatest ever and also get pissed that so many people  are moving there?

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ok Trump. Just because a place has a lot of mexicans doesn't make it a shithole. El Paso & the valley don't have the level of crime needed to be true shitholes. San Antonio is a pretty damn nice place to raise a family if you're not a drug-dealer or gang member.

Also the valley has great food, a nice beach, and a pleasant unambitious vibe to it that makes it a relaxing place to be. Not the dire hopeless vibe you get in other places with a ton of poverty. 

i was thinking fat people but i see where your mind is.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

i was thinking fat people but i see where your mind is.

Places with high numbers of fats are where you want to be, I've never understood why people use that as a knock against an area. If you're skinny you look that much better. And I'd like to see a list of places with low obesity rates that also have great food. I'll wait. 

A guy I used to work with has been living in Detroit the past 7 or 8 years and never stops posting on Facebook about how great a city it is. And how it gets a bad rap. It's on its way back!!! About to turn the corner!!! See, here's an article in Detroit Whatever-the-fuck Magazine talking about all the great new bars and restaurants!!!

Lulz...I'm guessing he won't be posting this article.

While it’s true that Detroit proper (outside of downtown) is a hellscape, the suburbs are great.....a lot of them are very wealthy with a lot to do/see.

Obviously, the winters suck, but the summers are awesome.

If I could’ve found a job there after graduation, we would have probably stayed. 

11 minutes ago, MobstaM said:

While it’s true that Detroit proper (outside of downtown) is a hellscape, the suburbs are great.....a lot of them are very wealthy with a lot to do/see.

Living in the nicest section of a shithole is still living in a shithole.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, Art Vandelay said:

A guy I used to work with has been living in Detroit the past 7 or 8 years and never stops posting on Facebook about how great a city it is. And how it gets a bad rap. It's on its way back!!! About to turn the corner!!! See, here's an article in Detroit Whatever-the-fuck Magazine talking about all the great new bars and restaurants!!!

Lulz...I'm guessing he won't be posting this article.

Sounds like the kind of guy who raises a pit bull just to try to show people that they aren't shitheads.

• Like 1