Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

May the 4th be with you.

a0b6252d506f2538280466ed59ab331b.jpg

Was passing through Celina, TX last weekend and grabbed some beers to go from Rollertown Beerworks. Space Dude is a surprisingly great (and surprisingly tropical/floral tasting) lager from them.

Per their description:

SPACE DUDE is a crispy clean lager with notes of stone fruits and white wine grapes. Tommy dry hopped it with Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin hops, and Phantasm (white wine grape powder). On the nose is a cosmic burst of tropical fruit and wine grapes. This is unlike any beer we've ever released...it utilizes a Thiol-producing yeast strain that delivers a very clean and deliciously fruity taste.

• Like 2

One of our local breweries has been making a Thiolized lager and I love that citrus fruity character from it

I liked it so much I’m gonna be on the look out going forward for other breweries that make them. Also wished I would have picked up a four pack of it and not just a single.

12 hours ago, mdleast said:

I liked it so much I’m gonna be on the look out going forward for other breweries that make them. Also wished I would have picked up a four pack of it and not just a single.

I was talking to the brewer about it and he said it’s been extremely polarizing people either love it or hate it.  I split my crowler with 3 buddies and it was 50/50 love/hate.

• Hook 'Em 1

is hazy mexican lager a new style?

Even rarer than that:

“Light and refreshing Mexican-style lager aged in Espadín mezcal barrels w/ Brettanomyces bruxellensis var. Drie, then conditioned with lime zest. Pours a bright, golden hue with a firm cap of white foam. Subtle notes of light smoke, lime pith, hay, and white grape skins settle on the palate with a bone dry finish. Feel the sting.”

Oh and they had bottles with real scorpions in them…so you know it’s good.

b00062c61435271356df37310b914ad1.jpg
  • Like 1

Even rarer than that:

“Light and refreshing Mexican-style lager aged in Espadín mezcal barrels w/ Brettanomyces bruxellensis var. Drie, then conditioned with lime zest. Pours a bright, golden hue with a firm cap of white foam. Subtle notes of light smoke, lime pith, hay, and white grape skins settle on the palate with a bone dry finish. Feel the sting.”

Oh and they had bottles with real scorpions in them…so you know it’s good.

b00062c61435271356df37310b914ad1.jpg

i should have read the label. tough to clear anything up that’s been in a barrel unless you’re running a filter or centrifuge.
  • Like 1

“When the man comes around”

4082dc05e60518492d4ddec5b9eebb61.jpg

The Man - Post Pandemic pilsner is a very crisp, clean and refreshing pilsner. Think I saw Lazarus just one a brewery award of some type? Had brunch and some beers this last Sunday and seem to like that place the more each time I visit.

Coincidentally, as I was flipping channels while drinking this, Walk the Line is on HBO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...