Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

On 11/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, HenryJames said:

Primus, @slorch. Primus.

IMG_5002.jpeg

At Specs on Westheimer in just west of the beltway, they have a very nice beer selection, and all I saw for Live Oak was the Pilz, in 2 facings on the bottom shelf of a warm, seasonal selection.  I move one and see their Oaktoberfest.  I move that one and find 2 Primus sixers.  Production date: 10-31-22.

I bought them.  Can-conditioned, right? and how the fuck does this even happen?  SMDH.

Any danger in drinking  year old beer?

22 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Samuel Adams Winter Lager.

Been a while since I've seen this one on shelves. I'm a fan and prefer it over their Oktoberfest.

SamuelAdamsWinterLager.thumb.jpg.e0027b14127ed81e890782006211e47b.jpgSamuelAdamsWinterLager-frontlabel.thumb.jpg.6520c05493ace50c61874aee80aa2ff1.jpgSamuelAdamsWinterLager-backlabel.jpg.e3bbb1f8b0562974e39371be3be40c42.jpg

I liked the Fezzlewig or however you spell it, in the Winter multipacks.

I may have missed it but did Jester King really up their production in the last few years? Whereas we never got Atrial in Dallas before (and I believe it was always only available at the brewery via a long line), now it’s here in big bottles and with no limits.

b5c328762ae7b6b5f624aef6df64687a.jpg

I may have missed it but did Jester King really up their production in the last few years? Whereas we never got Atrial in Dallas before (and I believe it was always only available at the brewery via a long line), now it’s here in big bottles and with no limits.

b5c328762ae7b6b5f624aef6df64687a.jpg

no one lines up on release day any more and sour beer as category is waaaaay down.

Btw went to Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago and there’s a legit craft beer scene there. Like, if you’re in a hip area, like Palermo, you’ll see bars everywhere with a large tap selection. They’re about ten years behind the US though. Like you won’t see crazy stuff like you see in the US like bourbon barrel aged brownie batter stout or hazy ipa with azacca & Apollo. Most of the time you’ll just see simple stuff like Baltic Porter, IPA or Scottish ale. I liked everything I tried. Apparently there’s a town called Bariloche in the Patagonia region which is known as their craft beer capital.

Best brewery I went to in BA was one called Strange Brewing. Had a sour that was flavored with feijoa (pineapple guava). cfb80dc84326471b43445768fa916d33.jpg

Edited by deac_tracy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3