wc day 8 :: nut-cutting time

Hagbard Celine

Such *fwernt* a *fwernt**fwernt* vibrant fan base *fwernt**fwernt* who *fwernt* just love *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt* the sport of football *fwernt* and are *fwernt**fwernt* happy *fwernt**fwernt* to *fwernt* be here *fwernt**fwernt* today.

*fwernt*  *fwernt*  *fwernt*  *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt**fwernt*   *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt**fwernt*   *fwernt*   *fwernt*

• Like 1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Wagner just say that Giroud makes dynamic runs out of midfield or that his presence allows for the rest of the French team to make them?

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, but they have Lloris, who is one of the two or three best goalies in the tournament.

The only way one could believe this is if they are a Spurs fan or only watched Group C games.

1 minute ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Did Wagner just say that Giroud makes dynamic runs out of midfield or that his presence allows for the rest of the French team to make them?

They are so moved by his stunning hair that they are just babbling.

6 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Such *fwernt* a *fwernt**fwernt* vibrant fan base *fwernt**fwernt* who *fwernt* just love *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt* the sport of football *fwernt* and are *fwernt**fwernt* happy *fwernt**fwernt* to *fwernt* be here *fwernt**fwernt* today.

*fwernt*  *fwernt*  *fwernt*  *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt**fwernt*   *fwernt**fwernt**fwernt**fwernt*   *fwernt*   *fwernt*

That's what you get when you are watching the games in the studio and they are piping in sound.

14 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

The only way one could believe this is if they are a Spurs fan or only watched Group C games.

Who has been that much better?  Ochoa looked really good.  Neuer is obviously really good.  Courtois is in top form.  But who else has really impressed?

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Who has been that much better?  Ochoa looked really good.  Neuer is obviously really good.  Courtois is in top form.  But who else has really impressed?

Sorry, I misread and thought you were arguing best.  I think either the Tunisian or Iranian goalkeepers have looked the most impressive, but they have also had the most opportunities to shine.  I didn't get to watch the French game against Australia, so maybe Lloris looked good there.

If we are going overall best starting GKs I would put Allison, Courtois, DeGea (I know he gave up a bad one), Neuer, Patricio and Navas. I mean I would argue Brazil and Germany's 2s are better than Lloris (Ederson/Ter Stegen), but obviously haven't played. 

1 hour ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Dude.  Aly Wagner.  Beth Mowins prime.  Speaks with an inverse dipthong.  Knows fuckall about the sport.  Only one step down from the Mexiclown.

• Like 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

either Peru is really good, or France and Denmark both suck, and probably wont get past the round of 16

Peru is very good man. 

P.S. Mbappe acting like he won France the game when he stole the goal from Giroud. 

30 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

either Peru is really good, or France and Denmark both suck, and probably wont get past the round of 16

Peru is really good. They just can't finish... and are a little on the smaller side, but not as short at Chile or Bolivia (normally the shortest in COMNEBOL). But Peru can run & pass really well and have an Argentine coach who was very successful at Vélez-Sarsfield over a number of seasons, not just one.

QUESTION: 

Does anyone know of a website that shows the starting lineups more than 5 minutes before the match?

A friend with a gambling addiction wants to know Argentina's lineup early enough to possibly place a bet.

I told him that if Biglia is OUT, Pavon STARTS, and preferably if Lo Celso STARTS, then they are more likely to win than if they run out their lineup vs Iceland.

So he wants me to let him know the lineup, because he's in meeting all day. I don't trust any team to do what they're supposed to, so I don't bet.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Peru looked like the best team Ive seen so far...minus the whole not being able to score thing

This is why I think Portugal has a shot no matter who they play. Both Peru and Morocco were great box-to-box in this tournament, but lacked the finishing class that was needed to advance in this tournament. Ronaldo is a cheat code. I don't even think Portugal is that good, but it's not like anybody has been lights out in this tournament except for Belgium who played one of the worst teams in the tournament. It's been a lot of defensive soccer and a lot of one goal games and that gives the team with the best finisher a fighting chance in any game.

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

QUESTION: 

Does anyone know of a website that shows the starting lineups more than 5 minutes before the match?

A friend with a gambling addiction wants to know Argentina's lineup early enough to possibly place a bet.

I told him that if Biglia is OUT, Pavon STARTS, and preferably if Lo Celso STARTS, then they are more likely to win than if they run out their lineup vs Iceland.

So he wants me to let him know the lineup, because he's in meeting all day. I don't trust any team to do what they're supposed to, so I don't bet.

www.twitter.com

ok, so to be less of a dick 

Edited by ATLLonghorn

10 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

https://twitter.com/argentina...

www.twitter.com

23 Caballero - GK
2 Mercado - D
3 Tagliafico - D
17 Otamendi - D
18 Salvio - W (RB?)
8 Acuña - MF
14 Mascherano - DM
12 Meza - MF
15 Perez - MF
10 Messi - ~FW
19 Agüero - FW

Heavy on the Midfield. I'm thinking that Sampaoli wants to overload the midfield because Croatia is so strong in the middle.

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

I could be wrong but I don’t see this argentina squad going too far. 

You are right. I would be surprised if they make it to the quaterfinals, a spot where Argentina should make it every WC. 

5 minutes ago, JNip said:

You are right. I would be surprised if they make it to the quaterfinals, a spot where Argentina should make it every WC. 

they lose today, Iceland beats Nigeria tomorrow and Iceland and Croatia collude to play to a draw on the final match day to eliminate Argentina in the group stage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I could be wrong but I don’t see this argentina squad going too far. 

6 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

they lose today, Iceland beats Nigeria tomorrow and Iceland and Croatia collude to play to a draw on the final match day to eliminate Argentina in the group stage.

I felt that way about 10 days before the Cup, but I feel that they can perhaps get to the QFs this time around.

After analyzing today's lineup, I've realized that Messi gets to play more like he does at Barcelona with this lineup.

-He'll have an overlapping winger (Salvio).
-He's got one FW who he has a familiarity with. (Agüero)
-He has enough midfielders that he won't have to track back to the wrong side of the midfield line to pick up the ball and carry it up to the forwards.
-Without Di Maria, Messi will be playing a #11/#7 position and the forward slipping in behind Agüero. He won't be playing the #10 like he did in 2014 and a fair amount of 2010.

Messi should never play the #10 with Argentina. He's too valuable further up the field and the country shits out more #10s before breakfast than most countries do in 3 decades.

28 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

This is why I think Portugal has a shot no matter who they play. Both Peru and Morocco were great box-to-box in this tournament, but lacked the finishing class that was needed to advance in this tournament. Ronaldo is a cheat code. I don't even think Portugal is that good, but it's not like anybody has been lights out in this tournament except for Belgium who played one of the worst teams in the tournament. It's been a lot of defensive soccer and a lot of one goal games and that gives the team with the best finisher a fighting chance in any game.

Teams always play defense early in WC play, that's why there are so many one goal games.  an L is killer, W or D are okay for most.

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

23 Caballero - GK
2 Mercado - D
3 Tagliafico - D
17 Otamendi - D
18 Salvio - W (RB?)
8 Acuña - MF
14 Mascherano - DM
12 Meza - MF
15 Perez - MF
10 Messi - ~FW
19 Agüero - FW

Heavy on the Midfield. I'm thinking that Sampaoli wants to overload the midfield because Croatia is so strong in the middle.

Three defenders is his preferred formation. Argentina needs more  than just Mascherano to have the ball in the back and to start every attack.

47 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

QUESTION: 

I use both the Score app and Fotmob app. They both show pretty much as soon as they are released, about an hour before..