2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

8 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

Davenport just got back one of their best players last week. Possibly could have been the starting QB this year if he hadn't torn his Acl at end of sophomore year. He plays as a starting WR and can be used as QB for some gadget and wildcat stuff. #2. Had a big impact last week. 

The key to slowing Davenport down is forcing turnovers. QB is somewhat prone to it. Fumbles snaps and stuff. Don't know if he has small hands or what, but that was their downfall against Kerrville. There's your scouting report. 😆 

This one was over pretty quickly. Experience in a game like this definitely paid dividends for Davenport. Their QB puts the ball right where it needs to go and he’s got great command of their offense. Really undersized on defense, but that doesn’t much matter when you are much faster AND your offense can’t stop scoring. Looks like they will play Boerne in the 3rd round if I have the district alignments right. Lampasas may have done well to be on the other half of this bracket. 

• Like 1

Lots of really good ones this week:

Guyer @ Allen

Guyer 24-18  Allen is now 5-3 and has Prosper next week.

Cy Springs-Falls

32-28 Falls

CE King @ Atascocita

28-21 'cita in OT

LT @ Dripping

24-6 Drips

Harlingen @ San Benito

Fightin' Freddy Fenders 21-10

Roma @ PSJAM  Neat story

Neat win 48-40 Roma in 2 OT  

Georgetown @ CS

63-21 jr aggy

SA Harlan-Jay

42-33 Harlan

SV @ Boerne Champ

49-14 SV

CC Vets-Miller

Miller won 56-40 last night

Midlo @ Lake Belton

49-28 Midlo

Longview @ McK North

36-13 Lobos

China Spring @ Stephenville

31-21 S'ville last night

Hamshire-F @ Silsbee

Silsbee 39-21  H-F's first loss

Celina @ Carter

28-20 Celina

Wimberley @ Navarro

Texans 48-20  

Carthage @ Center

Bulldogs 72-27

Goliad @ Edna

21-6 Goliad

Paradise @ Brock

26-14 Brock  Paradise's first loss

Lorena @ Franklin

52-49 Lorena Franklin had won 39 straight.

Decatur @ Springtown

23-17 Decatur  Shit, the Eagles might be the team to beat in their region.

Refugio @ Shiner   It will be a blowout, Shiner is out of Brooks brothers.   

26-7 is closer than I expected.

Also,

Desoto 35 Cedar Hill 13

Aledo 25 Ryan 19  I thought this would be a blowout.

Westlake 65 Austin High 14  Two TDs against Westlake seems like a pretty solid moral victory for the Maroons.

PSJAN 27 McA Memorial 7

Jasper 41 WOS 38   WOS is now 4-5, they're going to finish 4th in that district and give some district champ hell in the 1st round.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3

San Benny gets their first BOTA win since 2018, can’t say I’m surprised. 

Kyle Lehman - 42 

SA MacArthur - 0

This might actually be one of the most embarrassing losses in TXHSFB history given the context. @Beau VineLehman’s never been good at anything ever, correct? I’ve seen the campus before for a basketball game. School actually looked nice. Just in the middle of an ocean of shitty suburban houses. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

San Benny gets their first BOTA win since 2018, can’t say I’m surprised. 

Kyle Lehman - 42 

SA MacArthur - 0

This might actually be one of the most embarrassing losses in TXHSFB history given the context. @Beau VineLehman’s never been good at anything ever, correct? I’ve seen the campus before for a basketball game. School actually looked nice. Just in the middle of an ocean of shitty suburban houses. 

They're dogshit in football.  Seems like they opened in about 2005 and I know they've never made the playoffs.  MP shows one winning record (6-4) in 2011.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

In 3AD2, Abernathy upsets #9 ranked Littlefield, 48-0.  Abernathy had lost its previous 3 games by a combined 131-27.

That one's pretty inexplicable.

I went to grade school 1-12 with a guy who settled in Abernathy with his family. I believe he still live there. I also once went on a job interview here in Manhattan about six years ago and the GM asks me where I am from and I tell him. He says “Oh I’m from Texas as well. A small town near Lubbock.” I have this mostly useless ability to recall towns and mascots so I ask what town. He says Abernathy. I said “Oh the Antelopes. They used to be really good at basketball.” He looks at me shocked when I know where his hometown is and that I know about their basketball team’s history. I was offered the job on the spot pretty much because of that usually useless knowledge.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Atascosita at North Shore is a great matchup.

That's the non-affiliated shit i loved when I loved when I lived down there.

So many great matchups on a given weekend.

That district is totally stacked.  Summer Creek and CE King are likely going 6A D2 in the playoffs (with NS and Atascocita going 6A D1).  Both Summer Creek and King have over 3200 students.

12 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

That district is totally stacked.  Summer Creek and CE King are likely going 6A D2 in the playoffs (with NS and Atascocita going 6A D1).  Both Summer Creek and King have over 3200 students.

IIRC there was a time when Allen and the Plano schools were the 4 biggest schools in the state and in the same district so theoretically the 3rd and 4th largest schools in Texas could have been Division 2.

24 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Well now I’m interested. Dfw rumors?

From memory;

Aledo is right on the cusp of 6A. The world awaits the snapshot they send in on Friday

New Eagle Mountain high school gonna be 4A. Boswell/CT/Saginaw expected to stay the same

Anna moving up to 5A. Argyle and Melissa expected to hold

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If you like Texas High School football at all, and you do not subscribe to DCTF, you're cheating yourself.

Like  the tree-fiddy account for surly; that's a great value for your dollar.

From memory;
Aledo is right on the cusp of 6A. The world awaits the snapshot they send in on Friday
New Eagle Mountain high school gonna be 4A. Boswell/CT/Saginaw expected to stay the same
Anna moving up to 5A. Argyle and Melissa expected to hold

Do you know anything about the new EMS school? Long term will be big like CT and Boswell or remain closer to Saginaw?

45 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Do you know anything about the new EMS school? Long term will be big like CT and Boswell or remain closer to Saginaw?

The new high school is huge and looks definitely built to grow. Originally however, the attendance boundary went all the way south to Bailey-Boswell Rd but they decided to move the southern boundary up to Park Dr- switching the Lake Pointe and Twin Mills subdivisions back to Boswell. The whole east side of 287 north of B-B is about to be built up with Commercial and more residentials though and its zoned to EMHS. Its mostly areas with land plus the lake neighborhoods north of Lake Country, so its a lot of people with money. People that would probably prefer their kids compete with Decatur and Springtown instead of Trinity and North Crowley 

• Like 1

Top games this week:

Duncanville @ Desoto

SLC @ Byron Nelson

Atascocita @ NS

San Benito @ Los Fresnos

MCKinney @ Guyer

Willis @ Woodlands

SummerCreek @ CE King

Allen @ Prosper

T'view @ Richland

Texarkana @ Whitehouse