2023 Texas High School Football

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's a shame that Davenport and Pieper didn't play this season.  

I know they're in different divisions, but two new schools that are damn good and very close to each other.

They played in non-district with Pieper winning 34-31. I believe this was while one of the Wolves main guys on offense was still out if I remember a poster correctly that mentioned it.

The only thing that can keep Davenport from winning three more games is if they play a team that smashes them in the mouth from the outset and if they get sloppy with the ball on offense. Other than that I think this is a state title team I’ve been watching.

• Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's a shame that Davenport and Pieper didn't play this season.  

I know they're in different divisions, but two new schools that are damn good and very close to each other.

And Dav will kick the shit out of PLC.

They did. They’ve played every year. Pieper won this year on FG at buzzer. 

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Class 4A Division I regional semis
FINAL: Calhoun 27, Alice 14.
Coyotes’ memorable season comes to a close. Sandcrabs return to the quarterfinals for the first time since 2018 to play SA Davenport. 

School me on Calhoun

• Drool 1

20 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

They run the ball  99% of the time 

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wing-T team

Ok should be interesting. Have already played a few teams like that although they are obviously better. Next Friday night in Alamodome.

As an aside, Alamo Stadium is a cool, old school place to watch a game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

They played in non-district with Pieper winning 34-31. I believe this was while one of the Wolves main guys on offense was still out if I remember a poster correctly that mentioned it.

The only thing that can keep Davenport from winning three more games is if they play a team that smashes them in the mouth from the outset and if they get sloppy with the ball on offense. Other than that I think this is a state title team I’ve been watching.

Fumbles have played a major role in every loss. 

Man I hope you're right. Would be awesome recognition for new school. Especially after the girls just won volleyball. 

Cedar Hill beats Tomball 28-7.

Quite the run for a team that went 5-5 in the regular season. Games haven’t been close either, they’ve outscored their playoff opponents by a combined 149-28.

Unfortunately for CH, next up is district rival DeSoto, who they lost to 35-13 in the regular season.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cedar Hill beats Tomball 28-7.

Quite the run for a team that went 5-5 in the regular season. Games haven’t been close either, they’ve outscored their playoff opponents by a combined 149-28.
Unfortunately for CH, next up is district rival DeSoto, who they lost to 35-13 in the regular season.

So you’re saying there’s a chance.

Abilene vs Aledo in Stephenville on Friday.

Fud, you drive and I'll bring the whiskey and Allsup's burritos?

Trying to decide if we’re going. It’s about an hour door to door for us. Then we gotta get up early to go to Arlington to watch the Horns murder the Pokes.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

LT barely got by a ferocious Brennan team and will limp into a hopeless rematch with the dominant Chaps.

Let the nightmare scenario commence! 
LT is the last team we wanted to play.
They are really rolling and we are sleepwalking. I wouldn't be surprised if LT wins the rematch, but I am a hopeless pessimist in all aspects of life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Let the nightmare scenario commence! 
LT is the last team we wanted to play.
They are really rolling and we are sleepwalking. I wouldn't be surprised if LT wins the rematch, but I am a hopeless pessimist in all aspects of life. 

Don’t count out those scrappers from Westlake. They’ve been pulling themselves up by their bootstraps their entire lives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Region finals!

Spoiler

Class 6A Division I
Region I

North Crowley vs. Allen, 1 p.m. Saturday at Southlake’s Dragon Stadium

Region II

Duncanville vs. Spring Westfield, 3 p.m. Saturday at The Palace in Round Rock

Region III

Galena Park North Shore vs. Humble Atascocita, 2 p.m. Saturday at Pasadena’s Veterans Memorial Stadium

Region IV

Lake Travis vs. Austin Westlake, 2 p.m. Saturday at Pflugerville’s The Pfield

Class 6A Division II
Region I

Southlake Carroll vs. Trophy Club Byron Nelson, 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Arlington’s Choctaw Stadium

Region II

DeSoto vs. Cedar Hill, 7 p.m. Friday at Kincaide Stadium

Region III

Humble Summer Creek vs. Fort Bend Hightower, 2 p.m. Saturday at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium

Region IV

Cibolo Steele vs. Dripping Springs, 7 p.m. Saturday at San Antonio’s Alamodome

Class 5A Division I
Region I

Abilene vs. Aledo, 7 p.m. Friday at Stephenville’s Memorial Stadium

Region II

Lancaster vs. Forney, 7 p.m. Friday at Rockwall’s Wilkerson-Sanders Stad.

Region III

A&M Consolidated vs. Smithson Vallery, 7 p.m. Friday at Cedar Park’s Gupton Stadium

Region IV

Corpus Christi Miller vs. Brownsville Veterans Memorial, 7 p.m. Friday at Brownsville’s Sams Stadium

Class 5A Division II
Region I

Frisco Emerson vs. Colleyville Heritage, 7 p.m. Friday at Frisco’s Ford Center at The Star

Region II

South Oak Cliff vs. Lovejoy, 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Arlington’s Choctaw Stadium

Region III

Port Neches-Groves vs. Huntsville, TBD

Region IV

San Antonio Pieper vs. Liberty Hill, 7 p.m. Saturday at San Marcos’ Bobcat Stadium

Class 4A Division I
Region I

Brownwood vs. Decatur, 7 p.m. Friday at Waco’s McLane Stadium

Region II

Anna vs. Stephenville, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Birdville FAAC

Region III

Kilgore vs. Tyler Chapel Hill, 7 p.m. Friday at Longview’s Lobo Stadium

Region IV

San Antonio Davenport vs. Port Lavaca Calhoun, 7 p.m. Friday at San Antonio’s Alamodome

Class 4A Division II
Region I

Canyon West Plains vs. Glen Rose, 6 p.m. Friday at Wichita Falls’ Memorial Stadium

Region II

Gilmer vs. Carthage, 7 p.m. Friday at Tyler’s Rose Stadium

Region III

Bellville vs. Jasper, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Shenadoah’s Woodforest Bank Stadium

Region IV

Wimberley vs. Sinton, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Von Ormy’s Southwest Legacy Stadium

Class 3A Division I
Region I

Paradise vs. Brock, 7 p.m. Friday at Mineral Wells’ Ram Stadium

Region II

Winnsboro vs. Malakoff, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Forney’s City Bank Stadium

Region III

Franklin vs. Lorena, 7 p.m. Friday at Georgetown ISD AC

Region IV

Edna vs. Blanco, 7 p.m. Friday at Bastrop’s Memorial Stadium

Class 3A Division II
Region I

Wall vs. Canadian, 6 p.m. Friday at Lubbock’s Pirate Stadium

Region II

Jacksboro vs. Gunter, 7 p.m. Friday at Denton’s Collins Stadium

Region III

Daingerfield vs. Newton, 7 p.m. Friday at Jacksonville’s Tomato Bowl

Region IV

Tidehaven vs. Poth, 7 p.m. Friday at Victoria’s Memorial Stadium

Class 2A Division I
Region I

Stratford vs. Hawley, 6 p.m. Friday at Lubbock’s Lowrey Field

Region II

Tolar vs. Marlin, 7 p.m. Thursday at Midlothian ISD Stadium

Region III

Garrison vs. Timpson, 7 p.m. Thursday at Longview’s Lobo Stadium

Region IV

Ganado vs. Refugio, 7 p.m. Thursday Victoria’s Memorial Stadium

Class 2A Division II
Region I

Clarendon vs. Sunray, 7 p.m. Friday at Canyon’s Happy Bank Stadium

Region II

Albany vs. Collinsville, 7 p.m. Thursday at Iowa Park’s Hawk Stadium

Region III

Mart vs. Lovelady, 7 p.m. Friday at Athens’ Bruce Field

Region IV

Falls City vs. Chilton, 7 p.m. Friday at Buda’s Shelton Stadium

• Hook 'Em 1

All aboard the Brownsville Vets train. I never took them serious this year. They started out 2-2, both wins incredibly unimpressive, then right around week 7 something switched. Their head coach JC Ramirez should be a coach of the year candidate if he can pull off the upset vs Miller. This is his first season being a HC ever and why I had my doubts about if they could maintain their typical level of decentness. Instead he’s taken them to a place no Brownsville school has ever been. His OC Mike Evans (no, not that one) called a master class game vs the alphabets. They’re small up front, they’re not super athletic, but damn it they have a QB named Storm Montoya and if you have that you have a chance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I saw Dripping Springs was missing their starting QB and RB last week. Will they be back against Steele? 

RB1 hurt ankle against Judson was suited up and played 1 snap vs Jay.
RB2 hurt his shoulder vs Jay.

QB… they benched #5 vs Judson and #10 started against Jay. 10 was injured vs Jay and 5 came back in. Injury didn’t look serious.

My uninformed guess is RB1 will be back and both QBs available.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Lake Travis vs. Austin Westlake, 2 p.m. Saturday at Pflugerville’s The Pfield

I’m curious why they chose this field for this game. It’s not going to be near big enough and parking/getting in and out kind of sucks. Side note it’s also the only field I went to this season that had metal detectors. 

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

I’m curious why they chose this field for this game. 

I miss the days when they held a regular season MILF Bowl game at DKR and there were a legit 25K at the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

I’m curious why they chose this field for this game. It’s not going to be near big enough and parking/getting in and out kind of sucks. Side note it’s also the only field I went to this season that had metal detectors. 

Bobcat Stadium would have been awesome for that game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

I miss the days when they held a regular season MILF Bowl game at DKR and there were a legit 25K at the game.

I remember watching Midland Lee (Cedric Benson) take on Westlake at DKR. Place was jam packed. Benson ended Huston Street’s football career that day luckily for Horn fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

Okay, @Longhorn94, since I am a very pessimistic person, (being a Horns fan will do that to you) I asked ChatGPT to say why why Lake Travis could defeat Westlake this Saturday. Now I've gone from feeling low to feeling entirely hopeless: 

1. Strong Offense: If Lake Travis High School has a powerful and versatile offense with skilled players, they may be able to outscore Westlake High School.

2. Solid Defense: A strong defense is crucial in football. If Lake Travis has a robust defensive strategy and skilled defenders, they may be able to prevent Westlake from scoring.

3. Effective Coaching: Good coaching can make a significant difference. If Lake Travis has a well-prepared coaching staff that can make effective in-game decisions, it could give them an advantage.

4. Home Field Advantage: Playing on their home turf can boost the morale of Lake Travis players and contribute to their overall performance.*

5. Injury-Free Roster: If Lake Travis has a healthy and injury-free roster, they will have all their key players available for the game, giving them a better chance of success.

6. Strategic Special Teams: Special teams play, including kick and punt returns, can swing the momentum of a game. If Lake Travis excels in this aspect, it could give them an edge.

7. Motivation and Team Spirit: A motivated and cohesive team often performs better. If Lake Travis has a strong team spirit and motivation, it can positively impact their performance on the field.

8. Previous Successes: If Lake Travis has a history of success against Westlake or in similar high-pressure situations, it might boost their confidence and increase their chances of winning.

9. Adaptability: Football games can be unpredictable. If Lake Travis is good at adapting to different game situations and adjusting their strategy accordingly, they may have an advantage.

10. Fan Support: The support of enthusiastic fans can create a positive atmosphere and energize the players. If Lake Travis has a strong fan base, it could contribute to their success on the field.

* I forgot to mention that this is a neutral site game. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Okay, @Longhorn94, since I am a very pessimistic person, (being a Horns fan will do that to you) I asked ChatGPT to say why why Lake Travis could defeat Westlake this Saturday. Now I've gone from feeling low to feeling entirely hopeless: 

1. Strong Offense: If Lake Travis High School has a powerful and versatile offense with skilled players, they may be able to outscore Westlake High School.

2. Solid Defense: A strong defense is crucial in football. If Lake Travis has a robust defensive strategy and skilled defenders, they may be able to prevent Westlake from scoring.

3. Effective Coaching: Good coaching can make a significant difference. If Lake Travis has a well-prepared coaching staff that can make effective in-game decisions, it could give them an advantage.

4. Home Field Advantage: Playing on their home turf can boost the morale of Lake Travis players and contribute to their overall performance.*

5. Injury-Free Roster: If Lake Travis has a healthy and injury-free roster, they will have all their key players available for the game, giving them a better chance of success.

6. Strategic Special Teams: Special teams play, including kick and punt returns, can swing the momentum of a game. If Lake Travis excels in this aspect, it could give them an edge.

7. Motivation and Team Spirit: A motivated and cohesive team often performs better. If Lake Travis has a strong team spirit and motivation, it can positively impact their performance on the field.

8. Previous Successes: If Lake Travis has a history of success against Westlake or in similar high-pressure situations, it might boost their confidence and increase their chances of winning.

9. Adaptability: Football games can be unpredictable. If Lake Travis is good at adapting to different game situations and adjusting their strategy accordingly, they may have an advantage.

10. Fan Support: The support of enthusiastic fans can create a positive atmosphere and energize the players. If Lake Travis has a strong fan base, it could contribute to their success on the field.

That is so bad. Thank you for posting this. Might bring some AI doomers back from the edge. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I'm telling you - you have nothing to worry about. We have no chance to stop the mighty Chaps! Y'all are a machine over there. We can't afford to keep up with y'all.

• Hook 'Em 1