Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

10 games left, tied in the loss column with Seattle and Houston. Last off day tomorrow, then it’s fuckin go time. Really, really, really need to take 2/3 at home against Seattle at the worst. Arizona keeps winning, which helps us - Astros looking at closing on the road against two teams trying to make the playoffs…

If we go back to March 30 and you tell me with nine games to play we’d have a chance at postseason baseball in our own hands I would have taken it. No doubt. Our bullpen has absolutely failed us and I honestly feel is the reason we don’t have a 5/6 game lead. Let’s just fuck around and win the division anyways, take our ass kicking in the playoffs, improve next year, and win it all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Weird. How are the BoSox eliminated from playoffs before the Detroit Tigers (according to ESPN)?

BoSox 75 wins, 78 loses, .490 winning %, 20 games back in the East 9.5 games back in the WC

Detroit 71 and 81, 9.5 games back in division and 13.5 in WC

Oh I see it-- their division leader is still technically able to be caught for another day or so. I figured it out mid-sentence but will finish the post in case anyone saw that and it jumped out as weird to them at first.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, KCMasterpieceof said:

Weird. How are the BoSox eliminated from playoffs before the Detroit Tigers (according to ESPN)?

BoSox 75 wins, 78 loses, .490 winning %, 20 games back in the East 9.5 games back in the WC

Detroit 71 and 81, 9.5 games back in division and 13.5 in WC

Oh I see it-- their division leader is still technically able to be caught for another day or so. I figured it out mid-sentence but will finish the post in case anyone saw that and it jumped out as weird to them at first.

I don't know who you are but do us a favor and shut the fuck up. 

10 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Going going Gonzalez is throwing out the first pitch tomorrow. First time back in Arlington since 2000s.

Great to see Gonzalez at a Rangers game. He's been (way) off the radar for a long time. Grieve will present Gonzalez with his Rangers Hall of Fame jacket. Jose Guzman will catch the first pitch.

Some great memories from Gonzalez at The Ballpark, especially his prime / MVP years in '96 and '98. The ball would just explode off his bat. 

Good for him making it back to Arlington. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Great to see Gonzalez at a Rangers game. He's been (way) off the radar for a long time. Grieve will present Gonzalez with his Rangers Hall of Fame jacket. Jose Guzman will catch the first pitch.

Some great memories from Gonzalez at The Ballpark, especially his prime / MVP years in '96 and '98. The ball would just explode off his bat. 

Good for him making it back to Arlington. 

Yep. Loved watching those Rangers offenses in the 90s.

Juan could turn on a pitch so damn fast. He hit all kinds of bombs but I remember those frozen rope home runs that exited the field in about two seconds but never went above about 50 feet in the air.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pre-Sale for Playoff Tickets going live at 11a, just got this email:

Congratulations! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to one game of the American League Division series today, Friday, September 22, prior to the public ticket opportunity on Monday, September 25.

From 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT today, you will have the opportunity to purchase up to four (4) tickets for one game of the American League Division Series potentially held at Globe Life Field.

To participate in this presale, head to the presales page linked below and click on the “Buy Tickets” button underneath the Friday, Sept. 22 Rangers Insiders Ticket Opportunity. Enter code INSIDER to access the presale.

Due to high demand for Postseason tickets, this presale will be restricted to only 4 tickets to one game per account and must be completed in one transaction. Tickets are subject to availability. Your presale ends at 5:00 p.m. CT, Friday, September 22. Once your presale has concluded, your opportunity to purchase tickets for this presale will no longer be available to you.

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Juan could turn on a pitch so damn fast. He hit all kinds of bombs but I remember those frozen rope home runs that exited the field in about two seconds but never went above about 50 feet in the air.

I can't remember who we were playing, I think the White Sox or Tigers, and Juan hit a line drive so hard at the 2nd baseman that it knocked his glove off.  I think Juan ended up on 2nd and they scored it a single with an E5 letting him get to 2nd because dude just sat there wondering how he missed a line drive from 125 feet away.  

4 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

90's Rangers with Juan Gone were amazing. Fanfest for the 1995 All-Star game was a seminal moment for me. Mike Piazza and Ken Griffey Jr. pogs are in an attic somewhere.

I was thinking about how we used to call the nitty gritty of the last few weeks fighting for the division or a playoff spot "The Hunt for a Red October" and had a shirt with it, as we were the Will Clark era Red/White uniforms. Didn't realize that Tom Clancy ceast-and-desisted us from saying that. Article from 1996: https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/1996/09/28/rangers-forced-to-change-slogan/62341804007/