NBA All Star Weekend 2023

shadow_operative

now 80% whiter. gonna be a weird one in SLC. on the nba package, when they go to commercial they leave you at the home arena and you get to watch their little competitions and t shirt and cannons and shit, and ho-lee shit those white people in Utah are white. i'm talking like an arena full of "cool", "hip" youth ministers type white. this will be the opposite of All Star Weekend Atlanta. still excited for it though.

as for what's still my favorite event, all i ask is that the dunk contest participants do dunks that they can make on their first try. it's a great field, so if they do that it will be an epic contest. our own jericho sims has an opportunity to put on an all-time show if he just be efficient.

three point contest is always fun, and i like the teams they've got set for the skills competition. should be a fun weekend.

Edited by shadow_operative

i love that they've added draymond to the commentary team. the skills challenge was terrible, and draymond did not try to hide from that fact at all, lol. it was refreshing to watch. after Team Jazz won the competition, the guy on the mic mentioned two previous winners from the Jazz, and asked jordan clarkson how it feels to be the third jazz player (along with his teammates) to win the skills competition (JC was the worst player btw), and JC responded, "uh...blessed", after which you just heard draymond cackling in the background, causing reggie miller to bust up laughing himself. so uh, off to a good start! 😂 

Mac was winning this dunk contest even if the stars came out. Dude is just an electric dunker 

I honestly wouldn’t even care if they just brought in professional dunkers from YouTube. Most established nba players really haven’t done anything since aaron Gordon. And have exhausted most ideas

Small guys like mcclung can do so much in the air all while looking more impressive than somebody 6’9

I fell asleep but not because it was bad. Because I'm old. I watched on DVR today. 

The skills challenge setup was dumb. Just do a silly obstacle course again. Also I bet Team Giannis because he's such a competitor not knowing he wasn't going to participate.

3 PT contest was good. I bet Tyrese at +800 and hedged with Dame +380. He is just so damn consistent, he shoots like a robot. 

McClung was spectacular. If he's really going to do it again next year and Zion really does it, that will be awesome. Also loved Reggie calling him Matt for 3/4 of the broadcast.

Also is Giannis playing tonight or what? 

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

How the hell am I supposed to bet on the over when I don’t know the teams?

i wondered how there was already a line before the drafted the teams.

anyone know if luka is going to be on any sort of restrictions tonight?  he's +750 to win the mvp on my site and that looks pretty tempting to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i wondered how there was already a line before the drafted the teams.

anyone know if luka is going to be on any sort of restrictions tonight?  he's +750 to win the mvp on my site and that looks pretty tempting to me.

Don't do it. All Star Sunday ain't never been white boy day.  And all signs point to him not giving a shit.  He said the thing he was most looking forward to about All Star Weekend was getting on a plane to Mexico after the game.  

Hope I'm wrong.

There is absolutely no reason this shit should be tipping at 8:30 PM on a Sunday night.   If they want to start that late move everything back a day and make the game on Saturday.   Between 3PM and 5PM is the sweet spot for a Sunday tip.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Trolling Jokic would’ve been epic.

I thought he was gonna pick Lauri there.   I surely would have just for the fuck of it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is why lebron wins and giannis loses. lebron picks these guys, meanwhile giannis picks jayson tatum with luka and jokic out there. lebron got jokic, embiid, and luka, the three best players available, lol. giannis is terrible at drafting.

When he chose a guard with his first pick, and with his first 3 picks chose guards (and DeRozan with his 4th) it was over.