What are you listening to right now?

UDontKnow

I sort of skipped through the new Adele album the other day and thought it was fine. 

Tonight Easy on Me was stuck in my head (because it's fucking everywhere) so I played it and then the autoplay was the next two most streamed songs of the new album. 

I liked them both and had to go back and play it through. Man... there are some really, really fucking good songs on here. Definitely her best effort front to back - I always liked her standouts well enough but didn't think of her as much of an album artist. This is much more ambitious, emotionally complex and more progressive and jazzier (can I just say blacker) on top of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently this is coming to us from a couple of girls from Buenos Aires. (Whether they filmed this down there or in NYC, not sure. I think that they were in NYC in December.)

The singer has a great voice and the bassist... has greatness.

As a duo, they are going by "Pacifica"... as are some other bands.

IG: https://www.instagram.com/pacificabanda/

Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/pacificabanda

The bassist hadn't cut her hair yet, but she's leaving an impression here.

These videos are to their old channel, but their new "Pacifica" channel is found here. Only 4 songs so far. A live version of Barely Legal.

This is so dumb. 

Do me a favor - listen a couple times - go about your day - have a few drinks - come listen again. 

I actually don't understand how he does this. Who is working with this man. Every album now my mind is fucking blown and he redirects pop music and crafts an all-time track. 

Edited by ztejas

Interesting article on new music: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/old-music-killing-new-music/621339/?utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=2022-01-23T12%3A00%3A56&utm_content=edit-promo&fbclid=IwAR1eIHaVpNSJuYOj-RJtFubOa0rEco1bkB_aTy06lGV1-GbZ4gVNIUQhyIw

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market, according to the latest numbers from MRC Data, a music-analytics firm. Those who make a living from new music—especially that endangered species known as theworking musician—should look at these figures with fear and trembling. But the news gets worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking. All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

etc.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1