2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I have the game on as I work and have been in and out of meetings so not following closely. Saw it was 1-0 and then 3-0. Looked at the boxscore. Diaz, have yourself a day.  And Pena just hit one. Who was bitching about the bottom 4 bats?

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I have the game on as I work and have been in and out of meetings so not following closely. Saw it was 1-0 and then 3-0. Looked at the boxscore. Diaz, have yourself a day.  And Pena just hit one. Who was bitching about the bottom 4 bats?

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

I tend to think that the splits when DH vs playing in the field are typically small sample size bullshit with people ascribing meaning to after the fact.  That's not to say it's not possible that a professional could do better as a non-DH, but it usually seems to even out after enough comparable time.  Sadly, we are nowhere near that for DIaz since Dusty just doesn't catch him much. I'd need to see 100 more games each way before I became really confident it was a thing.
Hopefully we test that theory next year by him catching 80 games and DH'ing 80 games and Lee catching the other 80.  

• Hook 'Em 2