2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah i posted that he was called up yesterday.....looks like he actual had the perfect storm happen for him.

My understanding is he was doing well in 6 minor league starts with Min, and he had a timeframe to opt out of his contract which when Ryan got hurt he used .....which in turn gave the Twins two options, release him to sign with whoever or call him up.

Missed that.  Of course I had missed he even signed with the Twins.  Last I heard he was working out at home in Arizona somewhere, enjoying being Mr. Kelly Nash.  Hopefully he can get it together for another playoff run.

• Like 1

chas with a tough ab, fouls balls off, takes close pitches, walks.  he's like a different guy. 

you really can't take yainer or chas out of the lineup.  if you need to play maldonado, yainer is your dh.  not sure why it's even a question at this point.  we can have 1 defensive player in and that should be meyers or maldonado.  never both.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

I still like Gerrit.  Thought he got fucked at the end and just wanted to compete.

Apple TV sucks.  

He owes his career to Strommy and the staff, they fixed him and took him to the next level 

*spider tack 

Edited by tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He owes his career to Strommy and the staff, they fixed him and took him to the next level 

*spider tack 

their refusal to put him in the game might not have cost us the WS, but we know what NOT playing him did.

Not disputing Strommy one iota either.  I just didn't have a problem with a guy who was pissed because he wasn't given the opportunity to compete.  he most definitely had earned the chance.

Edited by slorch