2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Brown, few de and Urquidy start this weekend. Diaz should catch all 3 games. We need to win this series and really a sweep would pretty much guarantee the playoffs for us. 
do it Dusty you stubborn old goat (he says, expecting Diaz to start 1 game). 
Wut.

Its JP, Framber, Brown
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/17/2023 at 11:20 AM, uoftorange said:

My least favorite list:
1. Russ Springer, good God he sucked
2. Ausmus, worthless catcher before Maldy was a worthless catcher.  Overrated at every skill.  At least he hit for a few seasons.
3. Maldanado - not the person, and it's not his fault Dusty keeps throwing him out there, but damn does he suck
4. I really hated Marwin until that home run off of Jansen.  Still not a fan overall.  Was way to cocky for the skillset he brought to the game.  
5. Orland Palmerio, just worthless and constantly brought off the bench to fail

Hate:
Mike Fiers, fuck you forever Mike
Carlos Gomez - He sucked

I've always liked Russ Springer because he showed a willingness to throw way inside to Barry Bonds

• Like 1

Not liking a player because of their talent level is pretty bush league IMO. Not liking them because they're an asshole is entirely different. 

I didn't ever hate Ausmus and Everett, just the free inning the opposing pitcher got when he faced them in the 7-8-9 part of the lineup. 

I also didnt hat Carlos Lee.. I hated that era of Astros baseball for sure though. 

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

WandyRod fuck your wife or something?  He was mediocre to good his entire astros run. I sort of liked him. 
AE was as good as it gets in the field. He was a worthy short stop at the time. 

I wasn't a huge fan of Wandy Rodriguez, but I loved Eny Cabreja. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

WandyRod fuck your wife or something?  He was mediocre to good his entire astros run. I sort of liked him. 
AE was as good as it gets in the field. He was a worthy short stop at the time. 

This re: Wandy

He would have been such a shot in the arm for this 2023 squad. The anti-LMJ. Just a guy that would go out every 5th day and give you 6 innings. Never on the DL (maybe just once in his 8 years with Houston) 
seriously, in 7.5 years with the Astros he averaged ~30 starts season and 6 IP. That’s absurd.

now if you want to hate him because he was involved in the mid-season trade that brought Bob Grossman to us from the Pirates, that’s fair…but also Luhnow’s fault. Not Wandy’s. (And Wandy pitched two months the following year before being shut down for the season, so maybe Luhnow and team saw something coming).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Halohal said:

Wandy, felt he was put in as a SP and carry team, therefore bad outings.

There was good games but damn he was low man on the rotation.

2 cents...

All relative. He was a solid mid to back end of rotation guy. The problem is he was asked to be more of a TOR when everything started spiraling downhill and he was never going to be that.

put him at a 4 or 5 in this rotation as the only lefty and he’s a solid answer 

34 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Diaz playing first base is interesting 

The Astros against Bryce Miller: Altuve 4, Bregman 5, Tucker 9, Alvarez 7, Diaz 3, Singleton DH, McCormick 8, Peña 6, Maldonado 2

Looks like a fine lineup to support our first starter this year getting to 10 wins.

speaking of shot in the arm, keep it going JP

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Julio rodriguez is on fire right now so we need to work on not letting him beat us.  He went 5-5 yesterday and 4-6 the day before.  

Teoscar had a 5-5 game 3 games ago, but it didn't seem to help him catch fire because he is 1-8 since 

Let me guess. We’re they were playing some kind of trash like the royals or something?

Spoiler

Yes. Yes they were 

11 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Julio rodriguez is on fire right now so we need to work on not letting him beat us.  He went 5-5 yesterday and 4-6 the day before.  

Teoscar had a 5-5 game 3 games ago, but it didn't seem to help him catch fire because he is 1-8 since 

Let me guess. We’re they were playing some kind of trash like the royals or something?

Spoiler

Yes. Yes they were