2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Diaz earning two days off, all that running around the bases can wear out a man 

You sick Dusty’s dick incessantly. Tell your dude. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

23 HRs. Think how many he'd have if he was our full time catcher

Every time he hits a HR I hate Dusty even more. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Me thinks we are done here tonight. I'm heading on vacation for the next 2 1/2 out of the country so will see scores but won't follow any games. By the time I get back the season will be over as well as the wild cards. Hopefully we can get hot and go on a run. If not tonight will be the last Astros game I'll see this year. I'll leave it in your hands Surly. 

I leave next week for 2-1/2 weeks out of the country as well.  Doesn’t look like we’ll miss anything.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Planet Houston said:

I just don’t get this team. Sigh

We just aren't all that good this year, and haven't been. Between the old players getting injured, the young players regressing, some questionable management and rule changes that absolutely affected our strategy (limiting the shift), we're just a shadow of the team we were last year.

We might trip our way into the playoffs this year, if only because the rest of our division seems to be unable to seal the deal, but we aren't scaring anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’re slumping at a bad time. 
thankfully so are Texas and Seattle.

hopefully we pull it together and something like a 7-3 or 8-2 L10 to finish the season.

but the pitching is going to be a real problem in October. I‘m not sure how this staff can pull out 11 wins, especially if 4 have to be against the Braves offense. Pray someone gets hot for 3 games and takes them out in the LDS

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

hopefully we pull it together and something like a 7-3 or 8-2 L10 to finish the season.

but the pitching is going to be a real problem in October. I‘m not sure how this staff can pull out 11 wins, especially if 4 have to be against the Braves offense. Pray someone gets hot for 3 games and takes them out in the LDS

Lionel Ritchie What GIF

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

We’re slumping at a bad time. 
thankfully so are Texas and Seattle.

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and enjoy first place while I can.