2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

39 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Dubon needs to bat 6-8th

No fucking shit. It's what's so irritating about Dusty.  Want to ride the hot streak?  eh- no- but whatever. Now you have a clearly shitty hitter for his career that's below average this year after a hot streak and you are still giving him more AB's than anyone else. Grrrrrrr.  Makes zero sense.   With this collection of spares if I was trying to win a game tomorrow I would go like this:

Tucker/Alvarez/Chas/Bregman/Pena/Brantley/Diaz/Meyers/Dubon

Best hitter 2nd. Best OB/steal 1st, Chas up to face a lefty on the 3 batter minimum rule if they bring in Tucker, 3rd best hitter cleanup, after that in descending order of quality as a hitter. That's how I have them ranked every day. Brantley plays 1b. Meyers CF, Chas Left, Yordan DH.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope you guys realize there's a very good chance that Chandler Rome is being a dickhead again and not taking Dusty at his word that it's just for rest and he's very close to playing.

We all had similar freakouts about Yordan, remember?

The tweet McTaggart wrote is significantly different in tone than the alarmist one Rome tweeted above.

I know which one of these guys I trust and which one I don't.

I'm just sayin is all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I hope you guys realize there's a very good chance that Chandler Rome is being a dickhead again and not taking Dusty at his word that it's just for rest and he's very close to playing.

The tweet McTaggart wrote is significantly different in tone than the alarmist one Rome tweeted above.

I'm just sayin is all. 

Rome hates dusty. Be probably a posts here 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No fucking shit. It's what's so irritating about Dusty.  Want to ride the hot streak?  eh- no- but whatever. Now you have a clearly shitty hitter for his career that's below average this year after a hot streak and you are still giving him more AB's than anyone else. Grrrrrrr.  Makes zero sense.   With this collection of spares if I was trying to win a game tomorrow I would go like this:

Best hitter 2nd. Best OB/steal 1st, Chas up to face a lefty on the 3 batter minimum rule if they bring in Tucker, 3rd best hitter cleanup, after that in descending order of quality as a hitter. That's how I have them ranked every day. Brantley plays 1b. Meyers CF, Chas Left, Yordan DH.

Doesn’t dubon lead the team in hits and avg ? 

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What are the chances they don't use a player making $19.5 million a year?

29 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm just sayin is all. 

Nah, the Astros should prepare with the thought that Brantley isn't playing this year.

Just now, Scraps said:

More criminal than the fact Dana Brown continues to do nothing about it?

What do expect a GM to do that didn't hire the manager? I pretty sure Brown understands that he's currently lower in the pecking order than Dusty Baker right now.

Just now, Gourmand said:

shut him down???

Dusty just told you he's very close to playing. Why are you letting dipshits like Chandler Rome pull on your leash?

Because I don't believe a word that Dusty Baker says. He's always saying misleading things, as do the Astros. It's really quite annoying. If Brantley was ready to go, he'd be playing, and not shut down from swinging.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:
2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
What do expect a GM to do that didn't hire the manager? I pretty sure Brown understands that he's currently lower in the pecking order than Dusty Baker right now.

His job

Which is what? Force Baker to bench a guy that the owner personally signed in the off-season?

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

@HtownHorn Read Rome's tweets and then read McTaggart's and tell me if you think one of those two guys is injecting a lot of his own opinion to get engagement on twitter.

Everything he tweeted he attributed to things Dusty Baker said. Are you saying Dusty Baker didn't say that Brantley had stopped swinging the bat, and Rome just made it up. Dusty saying Brantley is close is bullshit things Dusty has said in the past, thinking it gives the Astros a competitive advantage. Even though, the Astros would have to make a move to put Brantley on the active roster. Based on the evidence we have from what Dusty has said a player coming off shoulder surgery that plays some games, and immediately has to stop swinging the bat doesn't sound like a guy that is close to coming back to the lineup.

The fact that Baker is attributed to saying, "It's not a setback leads me to believe it was a setback."

Edited by HtownHorn

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:
8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

His job

Yeah, I'd like to know what you think Dana Brown should do.