2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I mean you just have to laugh at Dusty's stupidity at lineup construction at this point. It took one of the greatest bullpen performances of all time to carry him over the line, but the Astros scored 22 runs in their 6 games against the Phillies. Now that the pitching as returned more towards normality, the shitty hitting and lazy lineup construction is coming to the forefront.

1 minute ago, hornmpa96 said:

They need to sit Abreu for at least a week and see if he can get his mind right. Find a slumpbuster and do whatever it takes. Brantley and Diaz can fill in at first.

Diaz and Brantley could probably play the same level of defense Abreu offers as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Conversely nobody should have any panic about Bregman. All his numbers look just fine. He will be just fine. Someday. 

At the same time, I allow Bregman's contract to sunset and start looking for another 3B in 2025. Bregman's 1st love isn't baseball, I don't think it ever was, he was just good at it. His $30M is the starting point at extending Tucker, so it would be better allocated to Tucker than Bregman.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tucker’s replacement is in the minors, bregman’s isn’t 

and who is Tucker's replacement? If I had $30M to allocate, I would give it to the guy that was 3 years younger, healthier, and was 15% better since he became a regular.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

At the same time, I allow Bregman's contract to sunset and start looking for another 3B in 2025. Bregman's 1st love isn't baseball, I don't think it ever was, he was just good at it. His $30M is the starting point at extending Tucker, so it would be better allocated to Tucker than Bregman.

I know a couple guys that know Bregman some. I think you are very wrong about him not loving baseball. Like as wrong as can be. He’s a total and complete baseball rat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Abreu is going yard tonight. Mark it down.
Not only does he not hit homers he is going against a dude who doesn't give them up so bold call there broseph

we’re sweeping the angels 
With the pitchers we have going we should if our hitters quit being bitches

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Wear your Henry jersey today with pride !

Lulz at Dierker saying he looks like he'll be a good hitter.

If he's still up for it, they should bring the Wrangler onto the broadcasts for an inning or two once a month.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know a couple guys that know Bregman some. I think you are very wrong about him not loving baseball. Like as wrong as can be. He’s a total and complete baseball rat. 

lies, he’s working on salsa recipes between at bats !!!!!

Edited by tx 3 putt

Lulz at Dierker saying he looks like he'll be a good hitter.
If he's still up for it, they should bring the Wrangler onto the broadcasts for an inning or two once a month.
I saw him walking into MMP last Wednesday and he is starting to look like death.

Or was on a 5 day bourbon bender

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abreu waking up ?

He was overmatched by a 92mph then 91 mph fastball and barely got around quickly enough on an 85 mph slider out over the plate to sneak it inside the right field line.

I mean fuck yeah we'll take it but holy crap.