2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

31 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Framber goes 7 IP, gives up 8 hits, Ks 9, gets no DPs,…and only throws 90 pitches.

0 BBs helps on the pitch count, I guess.

It is a little alarming how many barrels the Braves got off him. Something to monitor for next start to see if it was more of the braves doing good or Framber problems. 

4 hours ago, rvm96 said:

It is a little alarming how many barrels the Braves got off him. Something to monitor for next start to see if it was more of the braves doing good or Framber problems. 

He tends to throw to the middle of the plate and have the run on his pitches do the work. Velocity was there but on quite a few that stayed up over the middle and had no run or the normal late movement. Perfect example was the 2 run homer to Albies. 97 but elevated and it flattened out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Day game after a night game. It’s absolutely when you sit a 38 year old catcher. Vasquez caught Javier so it’s not like he has some epic bond with Maldy. 
Maldy is terrible and Diaz is pissing all over the ball lately. It has to be Diaz today, right?  I’m not holding my breath let’s just say. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

He tends to throw to the middle of the plate and have the run on his pitches do the work. Velocity was there but on quite a few that stayed up over the middle and had no run or the normal late movement. Perfect example was the 2 run homer to Albies. 97 but elevated and it flattened out.

His velocity was up. They don’t want that. Overpowers the break. Overthrows it. 
this isn’t a terrible problem to have. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Day game after a night game. It’s absolutely when you sit a 38 year old catcher. Vasquez caught Javier so it’s not like he has some epic bond with Maldy. 
Maldy is terrible and Diaz is pissing all over the ball lately. It has to be Diaz today, right?  I’m not holding my breath let’s just say. 

Watch what you wish for. The trade-off will probably be an off-day for Yordan. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1