2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Who just called into the post game radio show, with a fake Mexican accent - Dubon should start over Altuve at 2nd, and just be the DH 

Dusty’s apparently quick to get on the phone.

After Dubon’s 9th inning single the thought occurred to me that Dubon is looking like the type of leadoff hitter Dusty’s used to from his playing days and that we better get used to Altuve batting 2nd when he comes back…

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Dusty’s apparently quick to get on the phone.

After Dubon’s 9th inning single the thought occurred to me that Dubon is looking like the type of leadoff hitter Dusty’s used to from his playing days and that we better get used to Altuve batting 2nd when he comes back…

I prefer Altuve in the #2 spot 

brown stepping up after that first inning was huge. We didn’t have to blow up the BP first game of the road trip 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What will undoubtedly be the definitive Astros podcast for ever and always, hosted by me and some other dude. Listen and tell me how much I suck. I say right or you know 2846 times in 2 hours. I will break that verbal crutch. This one is 2 hours because we are setting up the entire season. 
going forward there will be 4 or 5 quick moving segments and the thing will be under an hour. 

https://spotify.link/TUMdqYCTczb

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

I hated the Atlanta teams of the Maddox Glavine Smoltz era.  I like this iteration, even going back to their WS win.

This series means a lot because it’s a great measure of where your own team is. 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

family guy suicide GIF

off days are depressing enough !!!

😂😂😂

You can always listen to Sean Salisbury asking the Astros GM what he’s going to do with Dubon when Altuve comes back if Dubon is an all star.

That’s why we started the pod bc we were tired of surface level bullshit discussions by baseball ignorant people that are Astros casuals.

Tune in next week for our Forest Whitley segment.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You can always listen to Sean Salisbury asking the Astros GM what he’s going to do with Dubon when Altuve comes back if Dubon is an all star.

That’s why we started the pod bc we were tired of surface level bullshit discussions by baseball ignorant people that are Astros casuals.

Tune in next week for our Forest Whitley segment.  

Should do remote shows from Walmart parking lots (and RV of course) with an “autograph” tent when you go viral 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

@Wulaw Horn I’m surprised that episode 1 clocks in at only 1:56. 

If you edit out all the times I say right and you know it only lasts 38 minutes. 
we want people to actually listen to this and enjoy it. That’s probably an hour. This was a test run as much as anything to get format down, test the equipment, learn how to post the podcast, get started on distribution and listen to ourselves and see what we need to improve on. 

it will get tightened up bc we don’t think many people are going to want to listen for two hours but might for one. 

our first feedback was this:

“Good, straight analysis from two guys who know baseball and Astros history. No stupid, brash, in your face obnoxiousness. I dig it.”

That’s what I was hoping for. There’s not any cussing and I’m pretty positive I think about the big picture. I expect by the end of the year tens of people to have consumed dozens of minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I hated the Atlanta teams of the Maddox Glavine Smoltz era.  I like this iteration, even going back to their WS win.

This series means a lot because it’s a great measure of where your own team is. 

Yep. I was just telling my kid the same thing yesterday. Soooo much more likeable.