2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Well, he threw a bunch of pitches down 4 runs yesterday so trying to get through a 2-0 lead without using him. Because reasons.  

I honestly didn’t watch last night so fuck me. But this isn’t the first time Dusty has failed to use him to start the 8th inning as a setup guy. It was nails last year. I don’t get it.

Montero was excellent last year too and pitched the 8th inning plenty.  He's off to a poor start this year for sure.

Relievers are highly volatile year to year which is why it didn't make sense to pay him so much off one career year.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Abreau was our lock down 8th inning guy all post season which won us a World Series. What the fuck is Dusty doing?

I decided to fact check this because it didn't seem right. In 10 postseason appearances Abreu pitched the 8th inning twice. In 10 appearances for Montero he pitched in the 8th twice. Some of them weren't complete innings but he only came in midway through the inning once. 

I assume Hensley has been in LF because he knows how to work counts and get on base? Man, if you cobble together the best parts of Chas, Meyers, Julks, and Hensley you’d have an occasional all star outfielder with a pop gun arm. 

They really, really need to pay Tucker. 5 tool players should be paid exceedingly well. 

Good series win. I’m sure many former Albertans went home disappointed. I’m sure they’re drowning their sorrows at the Maple Leaf in Midtown. 

• Hook 'Em 2