2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

On 4/5/2023 at 10:01 AM, closetojumping said:

Dubon could be cut today and not make another MLB roster ever again. If he does, it'll last as an experiment for 2-3 weeks. He's unredeemable. Absolute trash and he should be washing cars somewhere. 

Julks is a AAAA player. Taylor Jones. Royce Huffman. GTFO and off the roster. I couldn't believe they put him on the 40. Someone asked who else should be on the roster instead and I'd take anyone with upside including the dude who showed out last year and in the spring. I don't care if that guy tailed off towards the end of spring. 

Jake Meyers is a fringe player who looks like he's lost all of his pop. He should be giving guys a rest about every 6th day.

LOL

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m surprised CTJ talked shit on Julks. Isn’t he from Clear Lake? I’d be super excited for a guy from district playing well on the Astros. 

What’s funnier is he was calling for “the guy who showed out last year” to be called up instead.  Julks showed out like a mf last season with a 30/20 year in AAA.  The guy he clamored for broke out in AA last season but sucked in AAA and is currently sucking in AAA again.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Doesn't walk enough.

Was just thinking that. Also noticing Meyers starting to walk which he didn’t do before this year at the big league level. Only thing Meyers is doing right is the OBP 100 points over BA. 
Julks BA is higher than his OBP. That won’t last, of course, but he’s got to start walking some or he won’t be able to actually succeed up here. 
did he walk in the minors?  

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Doesn't walk enough.

He obviously is being very aggressive so far in the majors and it’s worked so I wouldn’t ding him for lack of walks this season.  His 9.5% walk rate last season wasn’t great but also wasn’t terrible, considering how productive he was.  I am usually not too worried about prospects not walking if they aren’t pedigreed, at least until they start getting pitched around.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

He obviously is being very aggressive so far in the majors and it’s worked so I wouldn’t ding him for lack of walks this season.  His 9.5% walk rate last season wasn’t great but also wasn’t terrible, considering how productive he was.  I am usually not too worried about prospects not walking if they aren’t pedigreed, at least until they start getting pitched around.

It was a joke, because he was usually plus .080+ in the minors, which is very good.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

On March 4, 2020, Reed announced his retirement at the age of 26

VERY different players.  One was a 300 pound lazy ass who didn’t like baseball but was incredibly naturally gifted so he went ahead and did it until it got hard then he quit. Julks is a plus athlete who grinded his way thru the minors and has some defensive and baserunning value to buffer his bat.

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Javier is back in mid season form with the 71 pitches thru 3 innings. 
I love the guy, want him to be an Astro for life, think there’s a good chance he wins a cy young blah blah blah- but dude is just legit awful at keeping the pitch count reasonable. 

“Javier” is Spanish for “McCullers”.

• Haha 3