2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think Garcia is fixable. Sparky nailed it, he’s not stretching out on his pitches 

abreu is a much better hitter. Very below avg glove.

bregman has to show up sooner or later 

when brantley come back, do we send meyers down and only have one CF on the roster ?

pena is a hot mess. You can be a shitty hitter but no reason for sloppy field play. With Abreu at first, he can’t depend on him digging out your throws 

I’d like to see Tucker hit some lead off, with some protection behind him 

You can send Meyers down because Tucker can fill in at center when Chas needs a day off or in an emergency.  If Chas would have to go on the IL, then they could call Leon or someone else up.  Meyers can't be on the roster because Dusty will play him if he is.

Edited by kevwun

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think Garcia is fixable. Sparky nailed it, he’s not stretching out on his pitches 

abreu is a much better hitter. Very below avg glove.

bregman has to show up sooner or later 

when brantley come back, do we send meyers down and only have one CF on the roster ?

pena is a hot mess. You can be a shitty hitter but no reason for sloppy field play. With Abreu at first, he can’t depend on him digging out your throws 

I’d like to see Tucker hit some lead off, with some protection behind him 

Garcia did the right thing and changed his pitching motion to comply with the new rules. Meanwhile in the Bronx, Cortes continues his regarded balk pitching motion without penalty. 

Yeah Sparky said the break on Garcia's slider is only 5'9''. It should be at least the height of the pitcher. Garcia is 6'3''. 

You gotta let Pena figure it out, but I'm disappointed he's in a sophomore slump. I thought the confidence gained in the postseason would keep him out of a slump. 

Dusty is going to have to win some arguments to keep Meyers on the big league squad when Brantley comes back. It's probably be carry 2 catchers or Jake. I think Dusty will reluctantly send Meyers down to keep 3 catchers. 

The reason to have 3 catchers was so Diaz could play DH/LF/1B in addition to backup catcher, and you could then pinch hit for Maldonado without losing the DH (or shuffling everyone around).

But 1) Diaz is barely even playing catcher, let alone anywhere else and 2) if you don’t pinch hit for Maldonado last night, you never will. There’s zero reason for a third catcher at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

46 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Better than Brantley’s, whoever they are.

ARe they better than who we have ?

only names I remember are profar and Vazquez. Zero idea what Vazquez is doing, profar is also starting out slow

Did anyone mention a cf that singable ?

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

ARe they better than who we have ?

only names I remember are profar and Vazquez. Zero idea what Vazquez is doing, profar is also starting out slow

Did anyone mention a cf that singable ?

There really aren’t any available CFs who would be an upgrade over McCormick, so I doubt it. The biggest hole on the off-season after 1B was a LF/DH type, which was addressed with Brantley-all joking aside about his availability, there were better options available and money to spend.

• Like 1