Texas @ Oklahoma State Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I like Galvan long term and he’s going to be a good one, but Guillemette needs to catch all conference games moving forward.

I’m sure it’s been discussed but him being on one knee even with runners on base is driving me insane 

Just for a big picture perspective, 14ish conference wins is probably what we need to shoot for if we want to host. We went 14-10 last year and were the 9th overall seed. Here was the conference series results:

3-0: Baylor and Kansas

2-1: TCU, OU, WVU

1-2: Tech, KSU

0-3: OSU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok but last year we had a super strong non-conference record thanks to our 11-0 start.

I think we need 16-8 or there about myself. But the league seems softer this year. I think we can do it.

I think you're right but we also dropped a few midweek games last season. Air Force, aggy and TX St and there may have been another one. 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Ok but last year we had a super strong non-conference record thanks to our 11-0 start.

I think we need 16-8 or there about myself. But the league seems softer this year. I think we can do it.

16-8 probably wins the conference this year with what I’ve seen so far.

I say 14-10 because I know we had a stronger non record last year, but we were comfortably a host at 14-10. 14-10 this year probably has us right on the bubble of host/non-host heading into the conference tourney. Probably also depends on how we get those 14 wins RPI wise.

Edited by Hookem2147

OB baseball mod with some background on Watts-Brown and Texas 

“There is some bad blood between Texas and OSU as the Horns offered quite a bit of NIL to try and lure him to the 40 acres only for him to "like the feeling of the program and culture" better in Stillwater.”

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

“There is some bad blood between Texas and OSU as the Horns offered quite a bit of NIL to try and lure him to the 40 acres only for him to "like the feeling of the program and culture" better in Stillwater.”

I heard we got outbid initially 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I heard we got outbid initially 

I guess we could have? Didn’t say if OSU outbid us or not. Just that we offered him quite a bit and he liked the feel of OSU better. Probably hard to know NIL details from the OSU side.

Edited by Hookem2147

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

How does that equal bad blood between the teams?   That’s just business.  

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I guess we could have? Didn’t say if OSU outbid us or not. Just that we offered him quite a bit and he liked the feel of OSU better. Probably hard to know NIL details from the OSU side.

Yea not sure based on that report. Sucks though. Nothing to be done now but win tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea not sure based on that report. Sucks though. Nothing to be done now but win tomorrow 

We will start getting the Watts-Brown level transfers if we continue to show development on the mound and as Woody Williams settles into the role. And of course if NIL is where it needs to be.

36 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Why would there be bad blood? We wanted him and offered him a bunch of money. It's not like we disrespected him or something. He didn't have anything to prove against us, we were certainly aware he was really good.

And I cannot imagine it is the first time Texas and OSU had a recruiting battle. What made this one special?

Edited by Valmy77

No idea what to expect from this OSU starter in game 3. He’s a transfer from St. John’s who had Tommy John before last year and missed the season. His first outing of the year and his most recent start against Baylor were not good, but the 3 appearances inbetween were all good (2 earned runs allowed in 14.1 innings). He can run up the fastball pretty good on the radar gun but it can be hit. Batters hitting almost .300 off him.

Edited by Hookem2147

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

No idea what to expect from this OSU starter in game 3. He’s a transfer from St. John’s who had Tommy John before last year and missed the season. His first outing of the year and his most recent start against Baylor were not good, but the 3 appearances inbetween were all good (2 earned runs allowed in 14.1 innings). He can run up the fastball pretty good on the radar gun but it can be hit. Batters hitting almost .300 off him.

So, Texas will make him look like Cy Young?

In all seriousness, I am optimistic about today. Hurley has been pitching well and hasn't allowed more than one run in any appearance. The bullpen still has Tole, Burke (if he's still alive), Shaw, Morehouse, and LBJ (if needed).

Granted, OSU will basically have their full cadre of guys as well. Texas' bats will need to exist today.

Edited by MuellerHorn

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is Hurley the announced starter?

No, I was assuming. It'll be him or LBJ. I'm also assuming either will go about four and be relieved by the other. This will be another game Pierce really wants to win, so I expect the Tuesday starter to be figured out later.

Edit: I could be totally wrong though.

Edited by MuellerHorn