Texas @ Oklahoma State Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Is Watts-Brown their best pitcher?  I know the Fri night starters usually are, but this guy is a good pitcher.

Juaron Watts is the best pitcher in the conference.

Only reason he isn’t throwing Friday's is because he had to be pushed back a few weeks ago due to illness.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, UncleCharlie said:

I thought they just took him behind the barn and shot him after the 280 pitch night. 

He definitely pitched like they did after that. Doesn't take anything away from that performance. 

Just now, Horny Bull said:

Howard on to pitch. 

Travis played well. Good enough to even win the game if our bats show up. 

7 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Holy shit....a Texas fan with pitch count smack.  Kirk Dressendorfer and Brooks Kieschnik would like a word with you.

Look I am just frustrated we can't hit the guy. Give me a break.

But you will be happy to know Coach Gus is dead now, so he paid for his sins. You may now rejoice.

5 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

I thought they just took him behind the barn and shot him after the 280 pitch night. 

Garrido is also dead so hurray for you.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He definitely pitched like they did after that. Doesn't take anything away from that performance. 

He pitched badly before that. We were complaining all year how he wasn't that great. Then he had one ridiculous game. It got him a 4th round draft pick. 

Just now, Levi said:

Only down 3 playing like booty and calling the B team in the pen isn’t that bad when you think about it. 

I think us playing like booty is more about Watts-Brown than it is about us and apparently he is staying in unfortunately for us.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think us playing like booty is more about Watts-Brown than it is about us and apparently he is staying in unfortunately for us.

Passed balls, caught stealing etc is what I was alluding to. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Would have been cool if we had gotten Watts-Brown. 

Sure would have been. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Levi said:

Passed balls, caught stealing etc is what I was alluding to. 

True but they also had fuckups like that. I don't think they featured in thr outcome.

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

Anybody ever heard the old saying “good pitching beats good hitting any day of the week”?? Yeah that’s what’s been happening so far in this game

Last night it worked the other way.  Our 5-6-7 are due up and tonight's stats are looking good for 'em.  If, we go on to drop this one, at least the pressure to keep the streak alive is off.