Using a leaf blower on your lawn? That’s a blasting!

TexEx15

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

When I was mowing lawns growing up, I had a plug in electric leaf blower with an extension cord. The power in that thing made the gas blowers look like a baby’s toy. Far superior. 

Battery powered ones are really good now. I like my Ryobi. 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you blow your shit into the street you probably don't pick up after your dog either

Accurate.  I blow the grass clippings and my dog's crap into the street but I open carry while I do my yard work so the neighbor keeps his trap shut.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 11:51 AM, Beau Vine said:

I have an electric mower and it's literally one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Never have to worry about draining the fluids in the winter, incredibly light, pretty indestructible.  

Also have trimmer, blower, and chainsaw, which works shockingly well.  

A girlfriend's dad when I was in high school had an electric mower..... That required a cord. He offered to pay me to cut their grass every couple of weeks. I used that fucking piece of tangling up shit ONCE. After that I just put my own (dad's) mower in my truck and cut their lawn with that. He finally asked why I wasn't using his mower. He understood when I showed him the mangled extension cord that has been sitting in his garage unnoticed for several months. He lowered his head and confessed he bought that pice of shit when his wife said she would help him mow the yard. Which she never did once. 

44 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

A girlfriend's dad when I was in high school had an electric mower..... That required a cord. He offered to pay me to cut their grass every couple of weeks. I used that fucking piece of tangling up shit ONCE. After that I just put my own (dad's) mower in my truck and cut their lawn with that. He finally asked why I wasn't using his mower. He understood when I showed him the mangled extension cord that has been sitting in his garage unnoticed for several months. He lowered his head and confessed he bought that pice of shit when his wife said she would help him mow the yard. Which she never did once. 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

On 4/27/2023 at 11:29 PM, Foosters said:

Pasadena CA passed a gas-powered leaf blower ban that just went into effect. It's an additional restriction on top of existing laws that seem to be totally ignored:

Because fuck those Mexicans just trying to get by and earn a living by mowing the lawns of rich white folks who aren't willing to pay enough for them not work from daylight to daybreak.

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

When I was mowing lawns growing up, I had a plug in electric leaf blower with an extension cord. The power in that thing made the gas blowers look like a baby’s toy. Far superior. 

And they're cheap as hell too.  I have a battery powered leaf blower for when I need to remove a light layer of leaves or grass from the patio or walkway, and a plug in leaf blower that I got from Walmart for like $20, for when I want to remove paint off of walls or grout from between bricks.  It's seriously strong and isn't any louder that the weaker battery powered one.

On 4/30/2023 at 11:40 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Because fuck those Mexicans just trying to get by and earn a living by mowing the lawns of rich white folks who aren't willing to pay enough for them not work from daylight to daybreak.

Brooms and rakes work just fine and are much better for the yard anyway.

I see the leaf blowers cunts around my hood stand in the same spot for a fucking hour blowing the same pile around. 

On 4/28/2023 at 11:51 AM, Beau Vine said:

I have an electric mower and it's literally one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Never have to worry about draining the fluids in the winter, incredibly light, pretty indestructible.  

Also have trimmer, blower, and chainsaw, which works shockingly well.  

I have a small front yard so I went electric for the mower. Got one of those rechargeable battery operated ones 

I'd say 1 out of every 3 times I am mowing the yard some old timer will pull over and ask me a million questions about the electric mower, does it work well, etc.

That's the only annoying thing about using one.

I don't think I've seen a single homeowner in our neighborhood use a leafblower themselves.  It's all hired crews.  Some of these crews are so fucking efficient about it - in and out in twenty minutes, having done a fantastic job.  What is there to get upset about?  But then there are the other crews, who seem to have the older, i.e., loudest, leafblowers and mowers take two hours or more to knock out a single house.  Are they billing suckers by the hour or something?    Every Tuesday, the house behind us has a crew come to handle their yard work. They are there for three hours minimum every week, with one running a leaf blower for the vast majority of that time.  How many fucking leaves can you accumulate every week over and over from March through December?  I haven't had the heart to ask them, as I suspect they're being ripped off.

Electric mowers are great if you have a small yard. We're on a quarter-acre lot, and I have to put in a fresh battery after mowing the front before I can cut the back.  Not a major inconvenience for me, but I would need a third battery if we had any more yard.